Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Thaspeare

re: Vadis Coruscatus

Ok, where's the art request thread for Naandi now? hehe envy tongue out
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

Thaspeare wrote:
Ok, where's the art request thread for Naandi now? hehe envy tongue out

http://sotor.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5543651&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&gid=91149

NexusLuke wrote:
tekel wrote:
Maybe I'm necroing, but do you accept requests for portraits?

That depends...
... depends on what Nex?
Depends on how good your manners are... How big your, pocket book is. envy

I believe I have seen her post somewhere that she does not take requests. Hummmm... I will let her speak for herself though.

Imagine if you will the following scenario. She is very talented, and you notice the talent and ask if she will make you a masterful portrait. I see she makes you one, and so I want one. Then Vista is like "hey I am your sister, you HAVE to make me one." Then the council requests a portrait for each of its sitting members... and then basically all 200 of our members ask for one. It is like giving a mouse a cookie. If you do it for one, than you might feel like you have to do it for all. With the level of detail and time it must take to make each one, it might be a life sentence. (I think Steel might be experiencing a little bit of this right now. He has been rolling off character portraits like a production studio, lol.) Anyway...

I too think that Naandi could easily make a living off of her portraits, and I do mean easily. I think when artists are compensated for their time and talent it is a different story, but that is still the prerogative of the artist. Some artists like to draw only for their own creative outlets. Trying to meet expectations or what people "want" can sometimes be difficult and makes some people feel like they are working under constraints. Oh... I am rambling aren't I...

I think ya'll get the idea.

Quoted before the discussion ensues again. wink I know you were just joking Thaspeare. Just a general reminder for us all.

*Back on topic.*
ManOfSong

That picture is /win.

Hey Naandi I am your sister like totally make me one too tongue out
Thaspeare

Well, I can type, if any of you guys need your name typed out, just let me know tongue out
Brato Duott
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Thaspeare wrote:
Julmay wrote:
WOW

Yeah, what Julmay Said!

WOW

Thirded. WOW
Rio Banchee

Forum Image[/quote]

WOW

Great job Naandi, God has defiantly give you a gift!
Naandi

Thaspeare wrote:
Hey Naandi I am your sister like totally make me one too tongue out

My what a big white beard you have, sister. But thanks for the friendly notes, everyone.

I think Vadis' character is amazing, and I'm super excited to be in an rp with him and Vista. Woot, gonna have some fun.

Now if only he'd reveal a little bit about those oh so secret secrets he's keeping locked up with those quartermaster keys. But not yet.... Not yet. Stay tuned.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: