Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Torshan
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

re: Torshan Ondarr

First Name: Torshan
Last Name: Ondarr
(Tore-Shan On-Dar)
Nickname: Torsh
Species: Human
Birthplace: Ch'manss
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 184 lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Body Appearance: Stocky
Current Residence: Tython
Combat Style: Defensive (understands his limitations and counts on survivability while searching for his enemy's weakness)

Biography:

Torshan was born in the year 3,673 on the planet Ch'manss which is located along the Gerarno Loop hyperspace route. The world sees its fair share of visitors, serving as a trade hub for the entire Ch'manss System. An only child, Torshan's biological father died in a mining accident when he was just two years old. His mother, Carlla, quickly remarried; a shrewd man named Garron Lesk, who served the local agricultural guild as its bartering representative.

Although very close to his mother, Torshan often (and usually against his wishes), frequented his stepfather's side on business trips. The agricultural guild periodically set-up temporary bartering stalls near the docks in order to sell their goods. So, at a young age, Torshan was exposed to the sheer “vastness” of the galaxy in his many encounters with alien or non-human species.

Torshan began to exhibit force-like abilities early on; from simple telepathic movement of objects to foresight in regards to upcoming happenings. Although his stepfather had knowledge of the Jedi Order and their “strange” abilities, he had no intention of ever letting Torshan pursue greater understanding of the Force. Yet, selfishly, he had no problem exploiting the child’s talents for personal gain while the pair was away from the boy’s mother.

Carlla, on the other hand, longed for a more worthy existence for her son. It was clearly obvious that her husband didn’t love the boy; instead using Torshan in order to further his position within the guild. Although she wished her only child could be freed of the influence of Garron, she had thus far been too afraid to cross him. An opening came with the spread of the Great Galactic War to the Mid Rim Territories. Ch’manss began to see an influx of new visitors: ranging from soldiers and diplomats to the once-rare appearances of Sith and Jedi. When she heard her nine year old son talk about the new travelers, Carlla realized the time was right to try and provide her only child with a better life.

So, mother and son stole away in the middle of the night, making their way to the planet’s major spacehub. Carlla’s only hope was to come across an individual who might be Force-sensitive; someone who could, at the very least, provide safe passage for Torshan off planet, and thus away from his “crooked” stepfather. Well, the Force works in strange ways, and they happened across Jedi Master Pogo Tok (rather Master Tok discovered the two of them as they were frantically searching the docks).

Although reluctant at first, it wasn’t Carlla’s strong pleas or the boy’s affinity in the Force that convinced Master Tok to take Torshan with him. It became clear to him that the meeting was much more than “chance”. It was the child’s destiny to follow the path of the Jedi Order. So, after a tearful goodbye with his mother, his only remaining physical memory being a small hologram of her which he hid under his belt, Torshan took his first steps into a larger world.

Master Pogo Tok took Torshan as his Padawan learner and began teaching him in the ways of the Force. In fact, Torshan’s little picture memento of his mother was the focus of Master Tok’s first lesson. Because a Jedi must free her or his self from attachment, Torshan eventually destroyed the holo of his mother and gave himself completely to his new path. He would endure many more teachings under the wise Jedi Master - now finally in the company of a man who offered seemingly, endless knowledge and a love which was truly unconditional.

Unfortunately, Master Tok would become one with the Force during a battle near the end of the Great Galactic War, leaving his Padawan master-less. News became worse for the young Jedi aspirant when he received news that Ch’manss may have come under the jurisdiction of the Sith Empire. Although troubled for a short time by the sad events in his life, Torshan would come to rely on his relationship with the Force, as well as the kinship of his Jedi brothers and sisters, in order to continue on the path of his destiny. In his late teens at the time, Torshan relocated with the Order to the re-discovered planet of Tython, where he continues to study in the Jedi Arts to this day.

Last edited by Torshan on Aug. 30th, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

I love the realism in this bio. Not only does it stick to cannon (in such a way that still keeps it unique), the situation is believable and better yet is something that people can relate to. You seem more concerned with the emotional history of the story than it being jam-packed with action--and that is precisely the kind of tale I enjoy. Good job! I hope we get to read more from you in the future.

Pretty awesome biography! Great job!
Torshan
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Thanks for the kind words . Will be fun to see where his story goes when the game launches.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: