Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead.

re: Detour To Disaster

Day: 0
Log: Crew members accounted: 10. 100%
Journal Entry: 1

It’s been 2 days since we departed from home….
“Home”… Such a foreign word it seems to me sometimes. Besides my sword and armor, I just have my bunk and a small table and chair to call my own.
We headed out and decided to put the craft on auto-pilot and cruise the rest of the way. Let me say, that was indeed a bad idea…
But it wasn't nearly as bad before that blasted Sith Fleet jumped in out of nowhere… I’m just glad that the crew survived the crash on this moon… I do not know how I will repay the Saint’s for the wrecked Hammerhead, I can only pray the Council will have mercy on me for the destruction of their ship. But for now, I need to worry about keeping my men safe… Why must I always have to travel with others? Why can’t I be the one to be in peril, instead of the threat of loosing men I was entrusted with? Oh how I wish that I could just go on these missions alone… Well what is it now? I have to get these men to a safe location.

Spotted some sort of cave. Sith bomber squads are making their way over us, seems they are bombing what's left of the Hammerhead...

Made it into the cave, and started a fire. Still no food or water could be found… Near freezing temperature, the fire is just barely keeping us breathing.

Going to try to sleep… The continual rumbling of bombs just above us is not helping much. I keep having visions of what attacked us… It was some sort of Sith apprentice I have never seen nor heard of before… It seemed much like a large Iridonian. He uttered things about “feasts” on the living force… We will have to wait and see… Logging off for now…

=Signal Lost=

Last edited by Arrowhead. on Oct. 21st, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Arrowhead.

Day: 1
Log: Crew members accounted: 9/10 - 90%
Journal Entry: 2

Sleep was impossible. Throughout the night, they continued to bomb the wreckage in hopes of destroying both me and my crew... That small sliver in the cliff shielded us from the wave upon wave of bombers that flew over. Thank the force I managed to start a fire to keep us breathing. We just laid there all night, praying that one of those bombs didn't miss-fire and land right in our laps.

Now I am sitting here outside of the wreckage, breathing residual smoke left behind of what used to be a glorious vessel of the Republic. There will be blood for this catastrophe...

I remember my training however, my Master's words yet ring in my head, thoughts of contentment, thoughts not of hate, but of survival. With the help of the force, I will lead these men to safety.

The sun is just beginning to rise, but is darkened and faded, allowing only a red-haze to shed light upon this desolate valley. I ordered my men to pack up and take as much clothing and water that we could carry. We walked and journeyed until we came upon some sort of runic structure. Encompassing this large structure stood what looked to be 4 large altars. On all of the altars lay beasts. They looked to have just died a few moments ago, seeing that the blood was yet still draining from the open wounds torn with a blade.

I moved closer to the wall, trying to depict what tongue the writings were. I gazed in horror when I realized that it was ancient Sith writings, explaining that the sacrifices the Sith make here at this temple are for the leading Sith forces; blessing their efforts and cursing their enemies to eternal doom.

At about that time I began to smell smoke, more-so then I already did. I walked out to see two of the men sticking a piece of cooked meat from one of the sacrificed animals into their mouths. I don't blame them, if I didn't know better, I probably would have done the exact same thing... I shouted and ran to their location. I ordered them to spit it out, which thankfully one of them did, but the other one had already swallowed. The man was the navigator, he discovered the glitch in the nav-system before we noticed we were off-course. He had swallowed defiled meat. The dark side of the force works in ways I can not understand, even despite all of my time studying Sith culture and history, I am still unable to determine how this practice can still take place, but it is said one eating sacrificed meat will indeed be slain. And sure enough, the poor soldier lost his life later that day. I will not go into detail, the ordeal was exceptionally horrifying. In all of my experience in combat, I can not honestly say I will ever be able to "un-see" that time. Sith are indeed cruel and evil to a degree I can not fathom, justice will indeed prevail before the week has ended. It is getting dark however, the sound of crazed beasts can be heard from what seems to be a long distance away, so I will be setting up camp here in this valley.

=Signal Lost=

Day: 2
Log: Crew members accounted: 9/10 - 90%
Journal Entry: 3

I will never forget that night. The screaming, the sheer agony. The poor soul could not die, something was torturing him. I stayed with him long into the night and early into the morning, praying that through the living Force, I could perhaps locate what is wrong. I did indeed locate what was wrong. Some sort of creature was inflicting pain upon his mind. Telling him things that were indeed untrue. Things of sheer evil. Skipping a large amount of detail, I had no choice but to end his life. I swore I would protect these men, I have once again failed. I pray the Living Force will indeed forgive me for not sticking with my duties. I could have stopped this, and if I had just moved a little bit quicker...

If I had moved quicker years ago, I would not be wearing another fallen soldier's armor about my body. I perhaps could have rescued my dear Master and treated His wounds. And now, there is a poor woman waiting for her husband to return, this man had taken in a young Rodian boy as his own. This poor family will indeed be honored in the ranks for their irreplaceable loss... If only I had done my duty...

It has been several hours since then, I ordered the 9 men left to bury our fallen brother. Afterwards, we quickly set off, not knowing what may be in the general vicinity. Obviously there must be some sort of life-form here to make Sith Sacrifices. Must be an ancient race to still conduct ancient traditions such as that back there. Our group only has 3 small blasters and a few thermal detonators. We are well on water still, but we were ever so hungry.

We traveled north east, spanning farther and father away, until we came upon a large ravine. Both sides were very steep, and reached far into the sky. He had no climbing equipment, and there was no chance I would leave my men for a moment. So, we ventured in. In this deep and dark ravine, various remains of beasts and human alike litter the floor in small patches scattered here and there. I even caught a glimpse of a Rancor Scoll, with large tusks shooting far out, blocking the way for us to pass. Retrieving my lightsaber, I was able to cut the massive obstacles out of our path. Proceeding, I looked into the misty haze to see what looked to be several men huddled in a circle. Each carrying what looked to be a rod. I motioned for my men to halt and take cover behind rocks, while I go and see what lay ahead.

I edged closer and closer. I presumed I was undetected, until simultaneously, the entire group turned to me. They were very old men carrying not rods, but what looked to be sharp swords of metal! These men seemed to barely have enough skin to cover bones and what little muscle they did have. I crept forward.

"In the name of the Sith Empire! Identify yourself!" One of the men said in an extremely aged voice. I said nothing, and continued to proceed.
"Halt I say! Identify yourself or you will indeed perish here!" The man said, raising his sword close to his right shoulder. I stopped about 10 feet or so away from the man, but I did not speak.
The man looked at me, and then let out an ear-piercing battle cry, exalting the Sith Empire and spitting various curses to the Jedi Order. Putting his right foot forward, he came at me with a raised sword, prepared to die for what he believed in. Slashing downwards, the man tried to deliver a blow directly above the right shoulder blade. With my right arm however, I firmly stopped the man by his wrist. Astonished, he let go of his sword, and fell to his knees in front of me.
"Slay me, I beg of you! I am above and beyond mine, and my brothers time..." He said, giving a glance to the other hooded figures.
"Fool! You surrender to a Jedi! We will have your head for this after we take his!" One of the men replied.
With that, the entire group lunged for me. I simply blocked their attack with the force, hurling them back several feet.

"It is finished! Your war has long passed. The Sith were slaughtered here long ago." I explained.
"There is no need for you to remain sustained by the force. You are all indeed dead men."
With that, they all vanished, except for the one man that still lay at my feet. He bowed his head low to me. I knelt down and held both of his shoulders.
"Sir, I am but a servant, my Savior is who you should look to." I said, looking deeply into the eyes of the man.
"You fallowed the lust for power, and it did indeed sustain you, but you lost." I explained.
"What is it to live then?": The man uttered.
"Sir, a redeemer came to forgive us, no matter the cost, His perfect and sinless blood payed our price.".
"Who are you Jedi...?" The man asked me.
"I am a servant of the King of all Kings, and the Lord of all Lord's. I am a priest to the High Calling, a Servant on his way to death just as you are. The only difference is I found grace in His eyes, and so can you sir." I replied.
"Show me, I beg of you Jedi." The man said urgently.
With that, I reached and pulled my book out, and with that, the man was washed.
"Now, I may depart forgiven. Thank you Jedi!" The man said, closing his eyes.
"Thank our Savior Sir." I replied, before he became one with the force.

We made camp there that night. I looked back, and was comforted that despite the loss of life we had, new life was sprung from one with no hope.

=Signal Lost=

Last edited by Arrowhead. on Oct. 21st, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Day: 8-9
Log: Crew members accounted: 10/10 - 100%
Journal Entry: 4

We had traveled for days there in that desolate canyon, it was like a maze, leading to some sort of impending doom for my men and I. I was beginning to wonder if perhaps we were just walking around in circles. Thankfully our water supply kept up, though the food was for the most part empty. It was not so much a problem for me as it was... Well... For my men. I am able to be sustained by the force, along with the discipline I have maintained in all my training, but I am growing more concerned for my crew.

We continued to walk until we came to the mouth of a very large opening in the front of the rising cliff far above us. This hole was so big, estimated that several Large Defender-Class Cruisers could fit through. I took the long and strong cable we had in our supply bag, and, with the force, jumped to the base of the large mouth. Fastening it to a protruding rock, my men climbed up safely. Entering into the sheer darkness, I was unable to see my very hand in front of my face. Holding onto one end of the chord, I told my men to grab it and not to let go. Fearing I may lose my lightsaber in the darkness, I dare not reach for it to shed light.

Closing my eyes, I allowed the force to control all of my senses. This was my first mistake... I began to hear things... Soft sorrowful whispers that called out to my men and I. Taunting us, telling us to turn around. The whispers grew louder and louder. The voices... They changed to yelling and screaming: waling and choking, screaming that we return, begging that we not proceed. Then out of anger, I was stopped and "pushed" over by a orange-green light that appeared from the top and swooped downwards. I got up and looked around to see sheer darkness still. Then the voice of one of my men pierced through the curtain of darkness surrounding us.

"Commander...? Is something wrong...?"

"Men, whatever you do, do not make any noise whatsoever..." I replied.

"Just keep moving forward, and say no word..." I finished.

Continuing; I feared that I would again start to hear whatever was out there, or be struck by it once again... We proceeded until I looked behind to see the most frightening thing I have ever looked upon. I remembered what this was. I saw it eating at the mind of the soldier we buried long ago. It had the skin and the face of him, but in no way was this our brother. I felt him underneath his skin, as if his very soul was trying to escape the grip of this monster. It was as if this was looking into the very essence of Evil itself, dominating the mind of our former crew member, who I thought had become one with the force, when truly he was being held hostage in his own body.

"I know we buried him! I put him in there myself!" I thought to myself.

With that, even though I did not see my lightsaber, I grabbed it, and ignited it's purple blade, repelling the darkness, and making clear what was indeed in front of me.

Most of my men looked behind to see this monster of what used to be the man we all knew to be the great father and soldier he was and gasped, lost feeling in their body and fell to the ground. Now some... Animal... Has destroyed him. I will have no more of it, this man will indeed be free!

"In the Name of my Savior, my Lord and Redeemer, I command that you release him to be free, and keep that is what is natural to the human life cycle! You have no power over him, he is of the everlasting Kingdom!"

It slanted it's head questioningly at my proclamation against it. With a deep gurgling voice, the monster spoke through him.

"This man was not marked of the children of your God... I know the laws set forth, with him, you will be destroyed by the darkside."

"Who, or what are you creature...?" I asked.

"We are what fuels the force... We destroy kingdoms and nations, we will end your cause, and overthrow the Creator. And you will be our servants, forever!" It screamed back at me.

With that, it lunged for the light of my sword, with outstretched hands, it reached for my only good eye. Raising my blade however, it fell chest-first into it, piercing the very heart of the poor man I once knew. The monster looked down at the wound I had inflicted, and gave a slight half-smile. I pulled back and raised my sword again in a defensive stance against my Lord's enemy. I have never heard of such a creature, nor seen and felt such evil before. The Sith Lord's of old would pale in comparison to this... Could this be the very substance that knits evil together...? Could this be the very blood that pumps the dark side of the force? Truly where in the Galaxy am I?!

Still with a large wound, he walked forward to me. He was not bleeding, nor was his heart beating. This was the most frightening thing I have ever come across. If it were not for my Savior, and the weapon He crafted for me, I would have no chance but in His power only, I otherwise would have been slain long ago...

"I will say this only once more devil... Depart! And leave the man in the name of MY Savior! You have no power anymore, you were defeated long ago!" I yelled back.

With that, the creature stopped moving the man's body. It fell to its knees, and wept loudly. only a second or so passed, before the man's body went limp. But... There was something very different. I rolled the body onto his back, and looked at the puncture I caused the man. It was closed, it was as if I had not struck at him! Then I watched as air began to fill his lungs again. The man opened his eyes, and looked into mine. I saw and felt sorrow fill his spirit, but it change to sheer joy, that of relief and freedom. He had control of his thoughts and actions. And was indeed in his right mind once again.

I looked over and saw the 9 other men all on the hard ground unconscious. I set my lightsaber on the floor, and sat with the man for the rest of the night. We spoke of many things that night. That man became forgiven that night, and was filled with the Holy Spirit which is in all of us as the servants of the Most High.

=Signal Lost=

Day: 10
Log: Crew members accounted: 10/10 - 100%
Journal Entry: 5

Not knowing where to go, we decided to head deeper into the cave; fearing that if we were to scale the cliff, perhaps we would fall, or be attacked by whatever was making those horrific yelps at night and early into the morning. My men and I were just too tired to fight off raids, or whatever may be lurking up there... So, we started off early. The light of my sword managed to keep the path ahead of us lit enough to see obstacles. We ventured until it seemed to get more and more visible. It came to the point I turned off my lightsaber to be able to still see. Light was indeed coming from somewhere...

There! I saw what was the source. It was coming from behind the bend in the cave's direction. Looking around, we were all taken aback by the scenery. Large clear stalagmites and stalactites shot up and down from the ceiling and floor, like giant teeth within some sort of monster. They shown brightly however; there was a small hole in the ceiling, letting in a beam of light that seemed to strike each and every one of the large forming structures. It immediately dawned on me however, what this place was. Purple, orange and yellow light filled the room. As I looked, several large "alters" were built, with crafting tools such as to build a lightsaber. Looking further, I noticed one that shown bright when I stepped near it. It was a mass of purple stone, shining. The closer I moved toward it, the brighter it would shine. I took my sword and cut it out, and held it near my face. Looking deep within the rock, I sensed some sort of essence of familiarization, like two friends of time before, but now enemies meeting once again... This stone is within the mines of the Sith, but it is calling out to me.

Walking to one of the benches, I removed the small crystal in the hilt of my sword, and put in the glowing rock. Re-building my saber, I held it firmly, and ignited the blade. A strong and mighty light came forth, as if to let all come to know of its presence. It was perfect in every way, and it seemed to fill a gap in me that I was unable to understand before. It felt as if it made up for my weaknesses with its bright glory, strength, and oh... Such beauty! Never will this rock leave the protection of my sword's hilt.

Listen to me, I am speaking of a rock as if it were a pet, or family member... Perhaps I have been in this tunnel for just a little too long... I guess I can not explain it however, it is as if it were another fraction of me that the Force just needed to complete and "fill" in me.

Traveling further, we noticed we were no longer stepping on hard rock, rather it was much smoother ground. In fact, it was a shiny grey-silver. The dirt and rock turned into metal, we then began to see lights... And then a metal door with a large lock on it...
Brazened on the door however, is the symbol of our enemy. The Sith Empire. My men and I froze.

=Signal Lost=

Day 10
Log: crew members accounted: 10/10
Journal Entry: 6

Some of them panicked and hid. I looked behind me to see some of them start to run back into the darkness of the cave, away from the light my sword brought to us. I called for them. But only 2 of the 3 that ran returned. What was I supposed to do? Stay and open the door? Or go look for the man straying from the protection I provide for my men. It was foolish, but to be honest I do not blame them. Fear is natural to men. It is to be fought though. It is to be overcome. My Master’s words yet ring in my head:
“Though it may not be possible to permanently silence your fears, you can conquer and overcome them every time they want to be heard.” It just takes a heart that wants to do right, even if it may cost the ultimate price of life itself.
I knew that the more time I wasted thinking meant a greater chance of not being able to find him however, so, I gave my lightsaber to my second in command, how stood near to me. I told him not to move without reason. But if they did, to somehow leave something so I can trace to them. I assured him that I would find my way back after I looked for the man, then I turned, and walked back into the darkened and seemingly endless abyss.

The force became my eyes, because I could not see with my physical one. I knew a Marolucan Jedi that showed me how he saw, how he comprehended, and this insight greatly helped in many occasions as well as now. Though they may not see as we do, they view sight in another way, pure, unadulterated force-vision. Their perception is actually much greater then that of those that can see physically. I saw the cave for what it was, for the dark evil it hid behind it’s deep black darkness. It shielded whatever was behind that ceiled door from the prying eyes of the Jedi far away on distant worlds. The echo’s I felt in the force coming from this place is that of deep hurt, pain, anguish, torture, perverse, lustful, death even. Whatever it is that is paining it so must be stopped. Or at least brought to light. If I have to be the instrument the Force uses to pull this place back out into the light, I will die trying. My men are for the most part loyal, just frightened… Wait, I heard a noise… It came from…. A bit further. I can see it… Fear, much of it. And a man, it must be my crewmember. I can’t see his face though, only the walls around me and… His emitting fear… It swirled around him like a large cloud of gas. I can not describe to you exactly what I saw, for seeing through the force is far different then seeing with an eye or something. It is much different indeed. I drew closer to the man, and put my arm on his shoulder. His face turned to me. I saw it, completely terrified of the darkness he stood in. He is not to blame. How can one not fear not being able to sense his surroundings? I spoke to him. I told him who I was, and I could see that he began to calm down. He asked how I found him; I just told him the force works in ways I can not even explain with words. I proceeded to take him back to the doorway. When I returned. None of them were there. All my men, the equipment, everything was gone. The worst part was… The door was no longer closed… And there was no way to open it form this side… Looks like things were not going to be as easy as I hoped they would be…

Jump to: