Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B00TS

re: Contact

[Hi, This is my way of saying an RP hello to the guild. This glimpse into the background on Shazene is dated a few years before the present. ~Boots]

Contact

Shaz lounged comfortably across the console chair, staring off into black space, her eyes unfocused on the distant stars as her third-right finger delicately traced the lipped crimson circle of the launch sequence control button. Her eyes narrowed to slits as she thought of that Kira woman helping her brother just now. Usually, Zack took her or at least the T7 unit when he went on missions, but this time he had left his sister behind to babysit their ship. Her brother was overdue; he and Kira had missed the evac, and Shaz was sitting there, idle in space, wondering what trouble the edgy Kira had brewed up during the mission. The playful curl of Shaz's ready smile was pressed to a severe crease; she realized she was brooding, and it was giving her head a vice-like pain. She knew that wouldn't do them any good at all. With a quick flick of her flaxen mane, she spun her chair to get up and away from her dark mood, and then there it was, the amber glow of her brother's private com-link flashing ominously against the darkness that invaded the cockpit from beyond the bulkhead. Her smile flashed like quicksilver as she realized her twin needed her after all, but it promptly faded when she keyed the com to a strange voice. The prim-and-proper accent of an airy female voice hummed through the cabin with a metallic ring accompanied by the static of distance. The smug tone coming through on her brother's encrypted channel left Shaz with a feeling of foreboding, "I have something of value for you Shazene. Meet me at the time and coordinates embedded in this message. Don't make me do something you'll regret."

"Barve!" Shaz replied to a now dead channel. Pressing the replay, she evaluated the possible scenarios. No one had called her Shazene in ages, not since her parents went missing months before the armistice. Who would have the capability to break the layered code algorithms Zack had set up on his personal ship link? So either someone was given the key, or someone took it. She proceeded to cipher the embedded location coordinates and found them nowhere near where her brother was supposed to be collecting his..."resources." She broke radio silence to contact Zack directly, but as the minutes turned to hours with no reply, her resolve for the failing evacuation plan began to deteriorate. She decided to plot the deciphered course into the nav computer. If her brother didn't contact her within the next 3 cycles, she would have to assume the valuables of the message were Zack and Kira. She set the com to an audible tone and closed her eyes to wait it out. She had missed her sleep cycle, and the hours of worry had now left her with a deep feeling of exhaustion. Her concentration broke away from the images of impending danger, and the ache in her heart cried out that eternal why that humans grasped at in desperate moments. If anything happened to her brother, she would be all alone. The feelings of loss and loneliness eclipsed her worry, and with a tightness still in her throat she whispered, "Hope is not lost." She wrapped her arms around her knees settling in for the wait, and the console chair cradled her as she began to drift along in cold space with the powered-down ship.

1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some.

Proverbs 19:17 He who is gracious to a poor man lends to the LORD, And He will repay him for his good deed.

Matt. 10:42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: