Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBGamer

re: Guide to All Things Sylvari

Here's an interesting WIKI article for anyone interested in learning more about the Sylvari

http://guildwars2roleplay.wikispaces.com/A+Comprehensive+Guide+to+All+Things+Sylvari

Last edited by JBGamer on Jul. 23rd, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

JBGamer

me thinks I gonna like these Sylvari folk

Verasol

Yay link!

That is...very comprehensive. Thanks for posting! *reads all the things*

Last edited by Verasol on Jul. 24th, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Daxta

I was pretty shocked this past weekend when I picked this race and chose the green knight. There is homosexual reference in the quest line with that choice. I had no idea or would not have chose it.
Verasol

@ Culan

Yeah, Sylvari gender is similar to Asari from the Mass Effect series. They can't procreate, and the Pale Tree birthed them in human form because she was planted on human graves. You'll probably see more of it along the storyline(s),since Spoiler (Click To Show):
Caithe, the Sylvari protagonist, has a love interest who is also female and their relationship is exlpored a bit in the game's story
JBGamer

Oh, woops! I edited the post to include the link now.

JBGamer

yeah, that's unfortunate. we're probably seeing things like this inside of video games and stories because that's the way the world thinks and views things, and it's different than Christianity.

They've made one outstanding computer game, with it's mechanics and systems and graphics and all of it's imagination! It works well and it's going to be lots of fun.

Just be cautious, be mindful, of the philosophies and worldviews embedded in the story-arc of the game which do not come from Christ.

Remember that it's only a game, and have fun with it,

and at the same time..

Colossians 2:8 "See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ."

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: