Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
SaintOdid

re: Guild Wars RP Anyone?

Since ArenaNet has made RP server, BUT I would not want Saints to make it a Home server. RP is not a high demand, and it would cut short the Saints recruiting ability in GW2. That being said... Divinity's Coast should be the home server and one of the RP servers should be the guest server. The GW2 RP group would play RP on the RP server and here are the reasons.

The home server has 2 different sides PvE and PvP. The WvWvW gets points for the server whether it is an Aura or victory in the PvP sector. RP players will have a low community and that means low PvP. So when you are in a guess server, you cannot gain points in the WvWvW arena. So it would be better for the RP group to be a guess rather than be the home since we will be focus on the PvE side of it.

So I think there should be two different servers we can be part of. DC will be the main guild calling them Saints of the Divine, and if the council to be willing call the RP guild the League of Saints. Something I can put in the suggestion of the GW2 Guild name.

To add: that would mean we can have the name we want for the Home Server and then RP names for the RP server =)

What you all think?

Odid

I don't think you will need two guilds as the guild spans all servers. Not to mention you will want influence from people that are guesting if possible. This will also keep communication channels open so people don't miss out on the action, wherever it is happening.
SaintOdid

Voha wrote:
I don't think you will need two guilds as the guild spans all servers. Not to mention you will want influence from people that are guesting if possible. This will also keep communication channels open so people don't miss out on the action, wherever it is happening.

Ok Voha, I was not sure how exactly the home/guest system works. So it could be you are connected... but then why would you need to transfer? I am assuming that they are still doing the same way that other MMO's work. So if you were to go guest at another server you would have to create characters there. Of which I rather it be because I have specific Characters I want for RP and others for the Home server.

Odid

No, you can guest play on any server with all of your characters. In fact, you have to since all of your characters have to be on the same home server. Your character name and guild are unique across all servers so you can easily just select another server to play on as a guest. The only real limitation that I am aware of is that you can only WvW on your home server.

Of course, guest playing wasn't working the last two BWE so a lot of this is based off of what they have told us but hasn't been tested publicly.
SaintOdid

Voha wrote:
No, you can guest play on any server with all of your characters. In fact, you have to since all of your characters have to be on the same home server. Your character name and guild are unique across all servers so you can easily just select another server to play on as a guest. The only real limitation that I am aware of is that you can only WvW on your home server.

Of course, guest playing wasn't working the last two BWE so a lot of this is based off of what they have told us but hasn't been tested publicly.

Yeah I knew about the WvWvW and being a guest. I mentioned that already for that is all I knew as well. But thanks for clearing that up lol. May have to rethink my character selection =( or buy more slots HAHAHAHA

So there you have it folks... if you are interested in RP and regular play, think about what you want to name your characters or consider which character you want to be part of the RP group.

Odid

Sorry, this was supposed to go in the characters section, but my computer crashed while I was in the middle of posting it. Ugh... But I'll put it in the right place.

Last edited by Robroyoldboy on Jul. 18th, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
B00TS

To sum it up:
GW 2 offers a fee (1800 gems) service to change worlds/servers; it has a 7 day cool-down . All characters linked to your account will migrate to your new home, and all subsequently created characters will live there (unless you swap again) as well. Changing a region means being logged out for a short period of time while your account is moved.

GW 2 will also permit a free guesting on other worlds/servers as long as the player has friends on those worlds, but it comes with restrictions (i.e. no WvW & power of the Mists bonuses from their home world will continue to apply to their characters).

Multi-guild affiliations across worlds/servers is normality. The guild memberships are account linked, not character bound, you choose and log into a guild as you then choose the character to log in.

If ogres or other players attack and you are offline or off server, the attack will really come and smash down the target if you don't stop them! Once the target is destroyed, it stays gone, so it will matter where you hang your hat. The game even comes with a phone app notifications to page you into the game for event emergencies. There is talk that Mega 24-hour guilds will be the only real "winners" in WvW. So developing a plan for successes that are reachable for this guild and this new style game-play is essential for the WvW minded. I myself am the explorer type who enjoys a community-felt reason to log my time away from family, friends, and responsibilities.

So, what is the feasible plan for the merge of RP and WvW within S3G on an non RP-server in the pro mega-guild game? Perhaps there is none, but it is something to think about.

Forum Image[/url]

Last edited by B00TS on Jul. 18th, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thaspeare

I'll put it this way, Shazeen, I played Dark Age of Camelot on a server where the odds never changed and we were always the underdog faction. Guess what, the smartest, most talented, and tactical players played there, why? Because, no one enjoys just following the zerg. As a small band of players we always ended up hitting where the majority of our faction's players usually weren't.

I think that this guild can tactically be very viable in www, it is really all about knowing your class and style, and then listening and communicating with the alliance on your server.

I really like the idea of League of Saints for the www and pvp arenas, since it fits well. Odid has a great idea here and we could actually write a League Journal in the rp section for this. It is possibly the most rpable idea, since there will be other groups attacking the Saints, as they are bringing Christianity to the world.
B00TS

SaintOdid wrote:

Since ArenaNet has made RP server, BUT I would not want Saints to make it a Home server. RP is not a high demand, and it would cut short the Saints recruiting ability in GW2. That being said... Divinity's Coast should be the home server and one of the RP servers should be the guest server. The GW2 RP group would play RP on the RP server and here are the reasons.

The home server has 2 different sides PvE and PvP. The WvWvW gets points for the server whether it is an Aura or victory in the PvP sector. RP players will have a low community and that means low PvP. So when you are in a guess server, you cannot gain points in the WvWvW arena. So it would be better for the RP group to be a guess rather than be the home since we will be focus on the PvE side of it.

So I think there should be two different servers we can be part of. DC will be the main guild calling them Saints of the Divine, and if the council to be willing call the RP guild the League of Saints. Something I can put in the suggestion of the GW2 Guild name.

To add: that would mean we can have the name we want for the Home Server and then RP names for the RP server =)

What you all think?

Odid

I wonder about just setting up two accounts. One for the RP server and one for S3G. It might solve a lot of this RP v's WvW home server issue stuff. That way we RP minded can still fight for a cause.

Darius Tarminthor
Archenson
Veteran
Jedi Padawan

Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

shazeen wrote:
I wonder about just setting up two accounts. One for the RP server and one for S3G. It might solve a lot of this RP v's WvW home server issue stuff. That way we RP minded can still fight for a cause.

I don't see whats stopping anyone from just doing RP in PvE and keep WvW/PvP to just Out of Character activity. You can decide when you are being In-Character or not, just because you're logged in a character doesn't mean you always have to be IC. I think that would be the best solution so you don't have to buy two copies of the same game.

WvW doesn't really make much IC sense to me, personally anyways, even if the Mists are included in the lore. There are so many questions I can raise as to why fight? Who's the aggressor? What's the goal? Are these other worlds "evil" or are they just defending themselves too? It just seems... silly to RP in such a thing. Even if you do come up with some sort of explanation, I think they'd be far-fetched at best and the simplest thing is to not acknowledge it IC, especially since Tyria is under massive threat of dragon attack, why waste all these lives and resources on a war that's fought under ambiguous circumstances?

NVM, It is like speaking Klingon.

LOL

Thaspeare

Shazeen,

In WvW I would just roleplay that the dragons are sending undead minions back at us, and our server is the living server. I am not concerned about being offline when something big happens as those things happen in stories all the time, and they give a character a reason to fight or become motivated. I still think we should look at the Saints in rp as a small, elite group fighting against evil, for WvW at least, though it fits for pvp and pve as well.
NYG
Honorary Staff
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

shazeen wrote:
NVM, It is like speaking Klingon.

LOL

LOL that was funny (being a Trekkie myself).

Megamind: [from projector] Over here, old friend! In case you've noticed, you've fallen right into my trap!

Metro Man: You can't trap justice. It's an idea, a BELIEF!

Megamind: Even the most heartfelt belief can get corroded over time!

Metro Man: Justice is a non-corrosive metal!

Megamind: But metals can be melted by the heat of revanchge!

Metro Man: It's REVENGE, and it's best served cold!

Megamind: But it can easily be reheated, in the microwave of evil!

Metro Man: Well I think your warranty's is about to expire!

Megamind: Maybe I got an extended warranty!

Metro Man: Warranties are invalid, if used beyond their intended purpose!

Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

I wasn't planning on playing Guild Wars 2 until I got to play in the last beta weekend event with a beta key. I had a lot of fun; I really liked the dynamic events and WvW. I think that this game has the potential to be pretty RP friendly.

Having never played the first game, I spent a little time this past week looking into the lore. I came up with a short back-story for my inquisitive sylvari ranger named Kieryn. It fits pretty well with what Avissi started.

I'll also probably make a human elementalist named Josiah Longstrider.

As an aside: everyone should try to make it to the RP meeting that Lawisendro is planning this Saturday: http://sotor.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8566169&gid=91149

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: