Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBGamer

re: RP in the mists?

What's the story with the war in the mists, and is there a lore behind this mysterious war? From what I've seen in game there hasn't been much support for this war in the mists thing to be "RP" , or part of the regular world. It seems like a radical departure from what is normal for any character living in the world.

JBGamer

Do we simply regard the whole thing as a purely OOC experience??? my guy doesn't wanna go into this mists place and fight some never-ending war without cause.. he fights with purpose. he fights for good to prevail over evil, to end the dragons and to protect his home from those that would do harm

Verasol

Well, this is how I see it:

When my character enters the Mists, they have entered a separate realm between worlds where spirits and gods reside and the existence of all things began. Sort of an afterlife, where historical battles happen between dead heroes [sPvP], and large scale assaults between unnamed invaders [WvW]. I imagine the gods and other entities in the Mists hosting and betting and cheering on these battles between realms as a sort of entertainment or boast.
So basically, I'm no longer Tynne Mistward, Norn Guardian! Just a nameless soldier fighting for spiritual dominance and fame.
JBGamer

hmm, interesting! I had it splained a lil differently to me in the RP chat, but that works too

Cowhunterr

The mists are a place where important events from the past replay over and over, like The Battle of Kyhlo, the sPvP map. Pretty much everything else are a mystery about the mists, the only other thing I know about them is that Razah, someone from GW1, came from the mists and was created by them.

I'm not really an RPer, and I don't know how true this is to the lore, but atleast in GW1, fighting in the mists (hall of heroes) granted your world (then separated by countries like america or china) the favor of the gods, which would give your world bonuses like access to the some of the elite areas (UW, FoW).

So, if you think about it, fighting in the mists for GW2 is similar because like Verasol said, the gods use this as entertainment, and you and your entire world are granted rewards and bonuses dependent on how well your world is doing. So you could think about it as valiantly fighting for the betterment of your entire world.

And actually, I just thought of a question. Why do any of the other races besides humans support the mist wars? Since the mists are predominantly ruled by the five human gods right? And the charr don't even have gods?

Jump to: