Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

re: The Regathering OOC

Great post Jao! This officially has me excited for the Repopulation. I like your plot device for explaining how all of our characters become human. I'll have to start working on a post for my part of the story.

One question: is Rhyldan the only place that the Force can't be used? Or is this entire galaxy incompatible with the Force?

The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

Kyrath56 wrote:
Great post Jao! This officially has me excited for the Repopulation. I like your plot device for explaining how all of our characters become human. I'll have to start working on a post for my part of the story.

One question: is Rhyldan the only place that the Force can't be used? Or is this entire galaxy incompatible with the Force?

It's just some of the planets within the system, there are negative force crystals that block force powers on the planet Rhyldan and something in the atmosphere that is lethal to most alien races but has no affect on humans.

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

Great post Spectus, I like how you included your companion characters in there.

ya that was really neat
The D0CTOR

i love rp
Jao Thaun
Overseer
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

Great story Kyrath, looking forward to part 2

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Jao Thaun wrote:
Great post Spectus, I like how you included your companion characters in there.

Thanks! I'm going to wait til more Saints weigh in with their first entries before I reveal what happens next.
Barinath
Community Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

As I continue to think about it, I would like to write up a bit of something but I am unsure of how to approach it. In y'all's opinion, what would happen to a miraluka? So far, mirialan suffer from lungs shutting down, probably unable to process the mixture of air or an unknown chemical clogs up their lungs like grease in a sink. The other species tend to suffer anaphylaxis.

From what I can gather though, miraluka are genetically similar to humans, but different enough from mirialans that it is possible that a different form of shut down is probable, what do you think?

"Also, I hate zombies"
Jao Thaun
Overseer
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

Maybe your Miraluka isn't affected by the atmosphere but dies from gunshot wounds or in the crash

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Yeah, I have been researching that and been feeling like I am researching 1000 ways to die, kinda morbid but funny at the same time.

"Also, I hate zombies"
Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Jao Thaun wrote:
Maybe your Miraluka isn't affected by the atmosphere but dies from gunshot wounds or in the crash

Miralukans "see" with the Force. So, since the Force is "blocked" (or is it?) on Rhyldan, I would postulate that Miralukans would be at a particular disadvantage due to their blindness, much like a regular human would be severely affected if he were to go blind suddenly in a hostile environment.

But I'm not sold on the concept of "crystals" or some other natural environmental phenomenon blocking The Force as yet. The hints I have seen suggest that some sort of Force-like "enhanced" state of being lurks in the background of The Repop's mythos, waiting to be rediscovered. Kind of the working theory I am following is that somehow, "The Force" functions on some other level of awareness in this galaxy than it did in the "galaxy far, far away" -- as in (I hope) no midichlorians here! So, if life did not emerge here in tandem with midichlorians, that would suggest a whole new mechanism awaiting discovery. But until we discover what the problem actually is (in other words, when the devs reveal it to us), we are free to come up with any number of possible explanations as hypotheses.

So, bottom line: The Force is "unknown" here, for now. And we don't know why, or to what extent -- yet.

Oh, and as for Spectus (who in SWTOR was a Miralukan), I'm just going to pretend going forward for this game that he's human, not a Miralukan. Sooo... *handwave* You don't see Spectus' empty eye sockets... *finger wiggle* In fact, you see Spectus' big, brown eyes. *wiggles finger again* And ladies, you believe Spectus' eyes are dreamy... erm, wait... I'm not supposed to go there.... *sigh*

UPDATE: Kytyrn's last post gives me an idea for how I can handle Spectus' Miralukan status. I think I will plagiarize one of the elements of his story and adapt it to Spectus. Mwah-hahhaha....
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: