Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
Members Online
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

re: sister wants to buy a Rig

My sister is quite impatient with trying to get a functioning gaming rig, (her laptop is from around 2006-2008) and is looking at this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Quad-Core-Gaming-Desktop-PC-Computer-3-4-GHz-Fast-Custom-Built-System-Win-7-/391135342510?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b117bafae

thoughts? obviously she can upgrade later and im pretty sure she doesn't mind if she has to run current games at low settings.

If not that, any suggestions?
Kix276

Umm well. I didn't even know that hard drive manufacturers made 160GB hard drives anymore. I'd say, what is her budget and probably could go from there, otherwise I guess it's an ok starter PC. The CPU is decent and the case is ok. Integrated graphics ain't going to cut it for many games and 4GB RAM doesn't help since the GPU will share that RAM and it's budget RAM. That PC is probably good for word processing, playing web games, and surfing the net.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

well, as cheap as you can get. also forgot to mention she was gonna have them put in a slightly better graphics card. but yeah not the best, but she wants to get a computer ASAP cuz she is living with my mom until she can get her job to let her transfer back here. uhm the budget, well lets go with as close to what that rig would cost to buy as we can get.

in reality it depends on her patience and whether or not she throws her hands up in the air and goes down to best buy to get something on a payment plan. also i doubt she would be able to put it together herself (though she should probably learn). im gonna say shoot as low as you can and a rig that can at least play current games on low graphics without problems.

EDIT: also didn't realize that before upgrade that was integrated graphics.
Diakonos88

Try https://www.cyberpowerpc.com

The rig you posted is no good and will disappoint your sis soon after booting it up. Try and hold out for a rig thats decent rather than dropping money on something sub par. I know thats easier said than done, butll be worth it.

Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

hehe, thats what i try and tell her, tbh helped her pick out parts for a custom rig, but she is rather impatient to get a computer to game with (went out to my moms to get a job and the family rig is here with me and my dad and her laptop is ancient, and little to no RAM so she has few games she can make run).
Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Sounds like what she needs to buy to help her learn to be more patient next time. Building a gaming rig requires patience, knowledge, diligence and money. Corners cannot be cut or you'll wind up with a bunch of useless hardware.

What kind of games is she interested in playing?

Yeah what does she want to play?

This link may help. You can even get the Newegg card which allows you to pay the comp off over like 6 to 12 months with 0% APR.
http://www.newegg.com/Store/PromotionStore/ID-2125620?name=Gaming-Entertainment
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

well minecraft and dragon age inquisition i think exemplify both the need for at minimum 8 gigs of decent RAM and and moderate Graphics card, probably in the range of a GT740 or maybe a higher 600 (im talking nvidia of course as i don't know anything about AMD)
Kix276

Without a Max budget on the PC I am not sure what to recommend. It's kind of like a car or a house without knowing what the max is to spend not sure what to show you. I mean I can show you a $1000 computer but does she want to spend that? Really would like to know her max budget so I know what to work with. Cheap as possible doesn't really help.
Kix276

Here is a good one. Hope it's in her price range. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220739
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

Thanks Kix, i will see if i can coax a initial budget out of her. (will probably be based on how long she is willing to wait and how much money she can make in said time)
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

ok, so apparently her prefered price range is $650 max.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

welp found a computer she liked and told her about the pay it off in 6 months thing, but apparently she applied for that sort of thing before and got rejected because she has no credit history. and she doesn't want to get a credit card because it is a "hastle" so oh well lol.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: