Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

re: Star Wars Saga Edition Roleplay, any interest?

Optimized just means that you can view it for free in the browser, your right in order to download it you would have to become a member. I don't know of any other way to get it for free, unless you want to brave some less reputable sites.

The great thing about Star Wars is that you really don't need to know more then the movies to have a great adventure, plus there is several timelines where you can make up just about anything.

As I said, my goal is to make this a place where we can all improve and learn, this has been my hobby for the last 4 years and I love sharing it with others. Star Wars is the best way for me to teach others the fundamentals of GMing which, I believe, once you have seen it done and gained a little confidence, is really only limited by your imagination, and the imagination's of your players.

~Malcom Rynolds, Serenity

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Eagle Call
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight

The place I found is http://www.theberserker.net/berserker/sw/rule_books/
The page is just a list of files, I scanned them and they came up clean, and they work.

Word of advice though, the sheer size of the "All" file gives my computer fits and chokes it to death, it's best avoided like the plague if you don't have lots of ram, or just avoided in general. Several times, without even really meaning to, I managed to get my computer to try to load it into memory; I had to force-restart once, only narrowly avoiding it another time or two through frantic shenanigans and perseverance. Ugg. It is now deleted from my system and never ever ever coming back.

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Shieldmaiden of the Saints! "I am no man!"
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Yeah, file websites are a tricky thing, it often feels like your going to a consino, only instead of gambling money, your gambling with your computer. I have most of the important books at home on my shelf, but the others I just use Scribid that way there is not as much of a gamble.

Not to completely change the subject, but we might want to start thinking of schedualing, what time works for everyone. I can't do Sundays or Tuesdays, but I'm free the rest of the week.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

im free pretty much any time any day, if that changes (which i hope sometime it does) ill let the group know.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

Ok i downloaded all the relevant material, i do have a few questions however, and i like to confer with the GM of the game im gonna play to colaberate on making my character (fine tuning some backstory bits and the like after the large majority of character creation is done, i tend to do backstory after i have rolled stats and chosen class and generally gotten out of the way anything that relies purely on dice rolls for determining something about my character.) so some method of communication outside the forums would probably be better, as you don't seem to be on here much, do you have steam account i can add to friends?
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Sure, my steam account is Xeriana, but I'm more likely to see my google plus messages, as it is connected to all my devices. My account name is jedixeriana17@gmail.com, I'll answer anything you guys want.

Also I'd like to have a session Zero soon, that way I can get a feel for what everyone wants out of the campaign, as well as just going over the basics of the rules and what not. What will work for you all? If you are interested just say when would be the best time for ya, and we will go from there.

~Malcom Rynolds, Serenity

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

i don't really use google plus or anything like that, will look into it. i hope i picked the right xerianna on steam though. im good pretty much any time, i imagine the most important people who are interested to check with are barinath and kyrath. pretty sure eagle and me are pretty flexible with times.
Eagle Call
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight

Definitely like the idea of a session zero soon! I'm generally available evening through night throughout the week, except for during Bible studies on Tuesdays. I'm often up far too late, into early morning; a confirmed night-owl despite all our efforts.

One mechanics curiosity I have at the moment is why is the Use the Force skill linked to Charisma instead of Wisdom? It doesn't make sense to me, since Wisdom is used for willpower and perception and stuff, and roleplay wise it seems to me that Jedi, or even Sith, are generally not that charismatic. There are exceptions of course, but it does not seem to be a requirement for being powerful in the force.

Case in point: Anakin Skywalker in the prequels. It took his level-up to Sith Lord to give him any personality. Guess he finally put some points in charisma. Or maybe he just got bonuses from the suit? Yet supposedly he was even weaker as a force-user in that form.

All that being said, if there is a reason or you just want to keep to the way it is in the books, I can deal with it. Some interesting character building could come from it, in fact.

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Shieldmaiden of the Saints! "I am no man!"
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

The best times for me would be Friday after 7 PM PST or Sat/Sun after 5 PM PST.

Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Friday nights would be good with me.

"Also, I hate zombies"
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

how does this friday 10pm eastern/7pm western sound for our first touching base get together? get an idea of the era we want our campaign to be in and suss out when we want our weekly? meetings to be and such? obviously on TS if that works for everyone. i don't think the meeting will take terribly long either.

Barinath and kyrath, do either of you have a steam account you frequent? i would toss out my phone number for easy messaging between us, but i have not checked if this forum thread is in a private forum section and i know some people might not like the idea of giving out their number to others on the internet.
Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Bazak12 wrote:
i would toss out my phone number for easy messaging between us, but i have not checked if this forum thread is in a private forum section and i know some people might not like the idea of giving out their number to others on the internet.

The Roleplaying forum is public so anyone can see what is typed here. PM phone numbers for privacy and happy gaming. Happy

Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

Intrepid Corsair wrote:
Bazak12 wrote:
i would toss out my phone number for easy messaging between us, but i have not checked if this forum thread is in a private forum section and i know some people might not like the idea of giving out their number to others on the internet.

The Roleplaying forum is public so anyone can see what is typed here. PM phone numbers for privacy and happy gaming. Happy

Thanks i suspected that could be the case, always a pain to log out and check which forums i can see when logged out though.
Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Bazak12 wrote:
Intrepid Corsair wrote:
Bazak12 wrote:

Thanks i suspected that could be the case, always a pain to log out and check which forums i can see when logged out though.

That's my job: Protecting the Guild and those who walk the virtual halls of gaming.

Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Eagle Call wrote:
Definitely like the idea of a session zero soon! I'm generally available evening through night throughout the week, except for during Bible studies on Tuesdays. I'm often up far too late, into early morning; a confirmed night-owl despite all our efforts.

One mechanics curiosity I have at the moment is why is the Use the Force skill linked to Charisma instead of Wisdom? It doesn't make sense to me, since Wisdom is used for willpower and perception and stuff, and roleplay wise it seems to me that Jedi, or even Sith, are generally not that charismatic. There are exceptions of course, but it does not seem to be a requirement for being powerful in the force.

Case in point: Anakin Skywalker in the prequels. It took his level-up to Sith Lord to give him any personality. Guess he finally put some points in charisma. Or maybe he just got bonuses from the suit? Yet supposedly he was even weaker as a force-user in that form.

All that being said, if there is a reason or you just want to keep to the way it is in the books, I can deal with it. Some interesting character building could come from it, in fact.

To be honest, I think it's a throwback to D&D, as magic users also use charisma as one of their main magic stats. I've always found it to be a little funky, as I also think that it sounds like a wisdom power. As far as changing it, I'd have to look to see if doing so will change anything majorly.

As far as Friday goes, I'm down I'll get my little list out of the things we should go through and fill it out as we go. I'll see you guys then!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: