Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

re: Star Wars Saga Edition Roleplay, any interest?

I've set up a roll20 campaign for us to use tomorrow, as it has an easy to use Character Sheets, and a few other things, here is the link.
https://app.roll20.net/join/1389063/GKQSnw
Torshan
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Great meeting!

Xeriana, thanks again for investing time into us! It'll be a great learning environment with lots of fun in the mix .

Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

No problem Torshan, I'm really looking forward to the experience as well.

Speaking of which we might want to start thinking of a name for our little group, something we can call the Roll 20 page and our discussion form.

~Malcom Rynolds, Serenity

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Recklan

No problem Torshan, I'm really looking forward to the experience as well.

Speaking of which we might want to start thinking of a name for our little group, something we can call the Roll 20 page and our discussion form.

Triple S
SSS
Saints Star Wars Saga

Boom!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Since we decided the campaign will be set in the KOTOR period, we could have a throw back and call our group Saints of the Old Republic (SOTOR), which was the name of our guild in TOR. tongue out

Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight

Hmm, how about Protectors of the True Light?

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Shieldmaiden of the Saints! "I am no man!"
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

So my current thought for the game is to start it us out in the year 3,958 BBY, (Found in the KOTOR book on page 113) Tell me what you guys think about starting there.

Also the ideas for names are looking good, lets keep them coming, the only one I have so far is 3G+Dice. Any way, let me know how things are coming for you all.

~Malcom Rynolds, Serenity

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Eryn Suun
Aeryn Suun
Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Can anyone read the progress of the game and not being part of it?

2 Corinthians 5:21. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." All people are sinners by nature and by action. All people are sinners from birth. All people are born alienated from God who is Holy, cannot look upon sin, cannot fellowship with sinners. That alienation because of sin prevents us from knowing God. He is too perfectly Holy to have anything to do with sinners, except to reject them. Now the result of that rejection, the result of that alienation in time is Godlessness. The result of it in eternity is hell. So this alienation in to which every human being is born is indeed a serious issue. It means that everybody lives their life without God and if they die in that condition, will spend their eternity under God's wrath in torment.
Barinath
Community Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

It has yet to start and right now, there is no way to view it later unless someone writes/records it. It can be arranged but it is not an easy thing.

"Also, I hate zombies"
Eryn Suun
Aeryn Suun
Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Barinath wrote:
It has yet to start and right now, there is no way to view it later unless someone writes/records it. It can be arranged but it is not an easy thing.

ok thanks for answering.

2 Corinthians 5:21. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." All people are sinners by nature and by action. All people are sinners from birth. All people are born alienated from God who is Holy, cannot look upon sin, cannot fellowship with sinners. That alienation because of sin prevents us from knowing God. He is too perfectly Holy to have anything to do with sinners, except to reject them. Now the result of that rejection, the result of that alienation in time is Godlessness. The result of it in eternity is hell. So this alienation in to which every human being is born is indeed a serious issue. It means that everybody lives their life without God and if they die in that condition, will spend their eternity under God's wrath in torment.
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Xerianaa wrote:
So my current thought for the game is to start it us out in the year 3,958 BBY, (Found in the KOTOR book on page 113) Tell me what you guys think about starting there.

Also the ideas for names are looking good, lets keep them coming, the only one I have so far is 3G+Dice. Any way, let me know how things are coming for you all.

I think that would be a cool time for it to start. That would mean that Darth Revan and Darth Malak are still at large.

Also, did you want us to be 100% limited to the Core, Jedi Academy, KOTOR, and Scum and Villany books (aside from species)? Because I want to make a Jedi healer/support/buff character, and there are some really cool powers and talents in some other books (such as the Healer talent tree in the Clone Wars or Enlighten force power in the Legacy Era). But I will make due without them if you don't to include those. Since you've played before, do you have any suggestions for that type of character using just those 4 books?

Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Kyrath56 wrote:
Xerianaa wrote:

I think that would be a cool time for it to start. That would mean that Darth Revan and Darth Malak are still at large.

Also, did you want us to be 100% limited to the Core, Jedi Academy, KOTOR, and Scum and Villany books (aside from species)? Because I want to make a Jedi healer/support/buff character, and there are some really cool powers and talents in some other books (such as the Healer talent tree in the Clone Wars or Enlighten force power in the Legacy Era). But I will make due without them if you don't to include those. Since you've played before, do you have any suggestions for that type of character using just those 4 books?

First off, Happy Star Wars day everyone! May the 4th be with you!
As far as healing goes, if that's the character you want to create you really need that talent tree from the clone wars. I would let you use the Healer talent tree as long that was the only thing you pulled from that book. As far as other Force powers, I would prefer if we kept to the Force powers in those four books, at least until we are past lvl 7, just to keep things simple. As far as suggestions, I'd say focus on maximizing your Force abilities, yet do not neglect having some fighting ability. Don't get anything that will help you fight with a lightsaber, more then likely it will be wasted if you don't have any feats, talents, or skills that help in that area. Rather focus on your ability to fight with the Force. Buffs are great, just like the bard in holy lands, Jedi buffs are definitely felt by the group.
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

So I was taking a stroll around YouTube researching some tips on Roleplaying, (Always more to learn, right? Happy ) Anyway I found this video on creating great PC's. Normally I don't get on my players to have an amazing backstory, as most of the time the story is created as play goes on. Yet, this game will be different as we will be learning how to be great Game Masters, so I was thinking that a wonderful first step would be for each of you to write a great back story. I'll leave a link to the video and you guys can see what he has to say on creating a great character. Don't feel pressure to have an amazing backstory, but look at it as your first step to, one day soon, moving on to creating great adventures. Let me know what you all think and how you all do with your characters.
Happy Gaming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhkYSLOMmTs
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Xerianaa wrote:

First off, Happy Star Wars day everyone! May the 4th be with you!
As far as healing goes, if that's the character you want to create you really need that talent tree from the clone wars. I would let you use the Healer talent tree as long that was the only thing you pulled from that book. As far as other Force powers, I would prefer if we kept to the Force powers in those four books, at least until we are past lvl 7, just to keep things simple. As far as suggestions, I'd say focus on maximizing your Force abilities, yet do not neglect having some fighting ability. Don't get anything that will help you fight with a lightsaber, more then likely it will be wasted if you don't have any feats, talents, or skills that help in that area. Rather focus on your ability to fight with the Force. Buffs are great, just like the bard in holy lands, Jedi buffs are definitely felt by the group.

Okay. That sounds good. And actually, as I was looking more closely it seems that the Force Adept prestige class gets a similar Force Treatment talent, so the Healer tree wouldn’t be absolutely necessary if I went for Force Adept instead of Jedi Knight. And that might be a cooler concept for my character anyways. Although the bonus talents to Vital Transfer would probably be good. The main downside is that I won't be trained in Treat Injury until I can get that talent, so I'm debating whether getting a level in Noble to train Treat Injury would be worth it, since it would be wasted once I got the talent.

I will definitely checkout that video. I am working on a backstory for my character, and now that we have a firm date picked it will be easier (since the politics and events on Manaan are pretty variable depending on whether it's before or after redeemed Revan visits). I'm thinking that being trained by the Jedi might get a Selkath exiled from Manaan or at least shunned since they are very intense about maintaining neutrality. There’s also the complication of whether he would be found and trained at a young age if he was born on Manaan. That makes me lean toward having him start as a Noble, but I feel like he would be very behind in terms of Jedi skills, feats, and force powers if I went that route. On the plus side, I would start with Treat Injury and some other skills.

I’m getting excited for the campaign; I might write some RP backstory for my character while waiting for it to start.

The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

Who won the game? Is this a turn-based table-top strategy type game? Like Risk?

Page 4 of 7

Jump to: