Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

re: Star Wars Saga Edition Roleplay, any interest?

Jao Thaun wrote:
Who won the game? Is this a turn-based table-top strategy type game? Like Risk?

-.- not sure if your joking or serious, though id err on the side of joking...... how is my guess?
Barinath
Community Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

As far as names for the saga, how about "On Wings"?

"Also, I hate zombies"
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Barinath wrote:
As far as names for the saga, how about "On Wings"?

Oh, or maybe "X-Wings"....X-Wings and a Prayer, haha.
Red_Binturong
Veteran
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

I have always been curious about RPGs and in fact bought several of the WEG SW books when I was younger. Still keep them in fact. Never found anyone to play with so they became interesting reads.

I would love to join and learn, as even though I read all those books, I have never had experienced the mechanics of a game. One concern I have is how much time I would need to devote to this. Reading all these books would be fun but unfortunately I have many responsibilities that limit how much time I can devote to this.

I should be able to join Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights after 7:00 pm EST. There might be some exceptions as RL demands. Also, I was curious as to the need to be available on every session. I'm assuming the absence from a session will not affect the storyline, so in case RL shows up and I can't make a session I will not be booted out from the game, right?

So, knowing that I missed session zero, is there any possibility of joining?
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

i would say yes, i believe we are one short of six players (any more and it gets a bit too big) the first official game isn't going to start for a month from session zero AT THE SOONEST, which means you have plenty of time to make a character and get ready, probably be a good idea to talk to xeriana, she has a steam account so if you add her there its fairly easy to get in touch with her.

the campaign will be set in the KOTOR era 3,958 BBY . and i don't think we have a dire need of any specific class or role at this point so no need to feel like you have to pick a specific class either. there are at least three force users in our party so if you go that route you wont stick out at all lol.
Red_Binturong
Veteran
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

I tend to shy away from playing force sensitive or jedi characters. One of my favorite characters in SW is Wedge Antilles and, of course, Han Solo.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

then im sure the non force sensitives will be glad to even things out a bit Happy

Btw do you have a steam account ? mine is Bazak
Eryn Suun
Aeryn Suun
Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

May the 4th be with you, heard than all yesterday. LOL

2 Corinthians 5:21. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." All people are sinners by nature and by action. All people are sinners from birth. All people are born alienated from God who is Holy, cannot look upon sin, cannot fellowship with sinners. That alienation because of sin prevents us from knowing God. He is too perfectly Holy to have anything to do with sinners, except to reject them. Now the result of that rejection, the result of that alienation in time is Godlessness. The result of it in eternity is hell. So this alienation in to which every human being is born is indeed a serious issue. It means that everybody lives their life without God and if they die in that condition, will spend their eternity under God's wrath in torment.
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Red_Binturong wrote:
I have always been curious about RPGs and in fact bought several of the WEG SW books when I was younger. Still keep them in fact. Never found anyone to play with so they became interesting reads.

I would love to join and learn, as even though I read all those books, I have never had experienced the mechanics of a game. One concern I have is how much time I would need to devote to this. Reading all these books would be fun but unfortunately I have many responsibilities that limit how much time I can devote to this.

I should be able to join Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights after 7:00 pm EST. There might be some exceptions as RL demands. Also, I was curious as to the need to be available on every session. I'm assuming the absence from a session will not affect the storyline, so in case RL shows up and I can't make a session I will not be booted out from the game, right?

Aside from Xeriana, I don't think any of us have played with this system before, so you won't be alone. One of our goals is to make this a learning experience, so you are definitely welcome! I think that a general understanding of the mechanics and how your character works should be sufficient, since we are all here to help each other when there is confusion about how the game works. And learning while doing is probably better than reading it all in the books anyways.

And if you have to miss a session, your character can probably just be controlled by the GM for that session, so it's not a big deal if you have to miss for RL reasons.

Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Red_Binturong wrote:

Welcome Red, we would be happy to have you!

Here are the links to the books we are currently using
https://www.scribd.com/doc/39166201/SW-Saga-Core-Rulebook-Optimized
https://www.scribd.com/doc/62546575/Star-Wars-Saga-Edition-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic
https://www.scribd.com/doc/39167156/SW-Saga-Jedi-Academy-Training-Manual-Optimized#scribd
https://www.scribd.com/doc/39169182/SW-Saga-Scum-and-Villainy-Optimized#scribd
If you have questions my steam account is Xeriana, my email is also Jedixeriana17@gmail.com, if you wish to contact me that way.
Also I see you have found our Roll20 page, I've activated a character sheet for you to play around with.

I look forward to future gaming with you,
Happy Gaming.
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

I've updated the Roll20 page so it now has a map of the galaxy, as I know some of you where telling me how confusing it is to find things.

Also, we currently have 6 players now in our campaign, (Which is just awesome) I think it would be good if we kept it to this number. Anymore and I think we might have to split off into two different campaigns.

Some of you have told me your ideas for your characters, let me know when you have finished or are at least done with your backstory as I am waiting on those final pieces to begin writing and planning sessions.

We are off to a good start everyone, lets keep the momentum going,
Happy Gaming!

~Malcom Rynolds, Serenity

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Red_Binturong
Veteran
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

What period of the KOTOR era will we be basing our game on?

The Great Sith War (4,000-3,996 BBY)
The Restoration Period (3,995-3,966 BBY)
The Mandalorian Wars (3,965-3,960 BBY)
The Jedi Civil War (3,959-3,956 BBY)
The Dark Wars (3,955-3,951 BBY)

This will help me in developing the back story for my character.

Thanks!
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

We're starting in 3,958 BBY, while Darth Revan and Malak are still in power and at war with the Republic/Jedi.

Veteran
Young Jedi Apprentice

Young Jedi Apprentice
Awarded:

Hey guys, Kyrath has been telling me about this for awhile, but with finals and such I've been really busy. I hope it's not too late to join in-I'm super excited to join you guys again!

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16 (ESV)
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Commander Kylar wrote:
Hey guys, Kyrath has been telling me about this for awhile, but with finals and such I've been really busy. I hope it's not too late to join in-I'm super excited to join you guys again!

Hey, Kylar

We would love to have you, I've activated a character for you on Roll20, be sure to check it out.

On the subject of finals, I too em finally finished with them (Hallelujah!!) so I think we will be able to start a first session soon. I'm thinking the beginning of June, so if you guys could finish your characters by the end of May, that will give me time to write out the story and make adjustments based on what you all make. Does Fridays at 7:00 pm Est, still work for everyone?

I'm going to set a tentative date on Roll20 so we can move it around as need be, and have a reminder.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: