Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
Members Online
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you intersted in playing (or continuing playing if you already have been) "The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth"?
Yes!
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Not really.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not now...but maybe later...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

DrZ3

re: The Hobbit: KoM

Hi, guys! I know that the Saints has been mostly focused on online and console gaming, but I recently got into a mobile game called "The Hobbit: Kingdom's of Middle Earth". It is a Middle Earth game in which you play as elves or dwarves, build cities, and go on campaigns against orcs. You even have heroes that you can level up, equip with legendarys, and assign crafting specialties too (a lot like LOTRO)! I've really enjoyed playing it when I'm on a long car trip, in a waiting room, etc. It fun being able to, during my free time, play LOTRO at home and this game on the go. One of the key things in the game, however, is having an alliance (the game's version of a guild or kinship) to play with. I was wondering if those of you out there that have smart phones would like to check out the game and help me create a Saints3G alliance on there! Here is the official game description and trailer:

"Welcome to Middle-earth. The age-old feud between Elves and Dwarves rages as Goblins infest the Misty Mountains and monsters haunt Mirkwood Forest. The time has come to build your Empire and raise your army. Assemble your heroes and call forth your allies as you stand together to defend the realm of Middle-earth.

Game Highlights:

Expand your Kingdom by building your keep, claiming your throne and growing your Empire.
Build a Fellowship, as you connect with fellow players in real-time to build a powerful alliance.
Gather a Great Army of Dwarves, Elves, and other powerful warriors.
Bring Middle-earth with you on your mobile device."

Last edited by DrZ3 on Apr. 9th, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Z, a half crazy Elvish scientist

Rogue_Renegade
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

I played KOM a couple years ago. Be forewarned, the constant need to fill queues and build your kingdom can be like kudzu. It can easily dominate your time and mind. I found myself getting up early and staying up late to be able to get in new orders. I had to delete it. You may be able to handle it more casually than I did, but just wanted to throw out a personal testimony.

Also, while I never spent any $$ on it, I found myself scrambling to do all kinds of "offers" to get the free currency. If I had not been unemployed at the time, I would have absolutely been tempted to throw real $$ into it. The pvp aspects of the game is what drives HUGE profits for Kabam. They run 400 million in revenue. You get angry at someone who hit your cities and you want to retaliate......and thus you consume what your $$ purchased. You get large groups waging war and that's scores of people, many of whom are spending more money on an app than they ever would on a PC game. It's a smart set-up and designed with savvy psychology to pull people and their dollars in. Those guys are making bank. lol.

Have fun, but be wise.

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Interesting that the studio is owned by the same parent company (Warner Bros.) that owns LOTRO's Turbine.

DrZ3

Rogue_Renegade wrote:
I played KOM a couple years ago. Be forewarned, the constant need to fill queues and build your kingdom can be like kudzu. It can easily dominate your time and mind. I found myself getting up early and staying up late to be able to get in new orders. I had to delete it. You may be able to handle it more casually than I did, but just wanted to throw out a personal testimony.

Also, while I never spent any $$ on it, I found myself scrambling to do all kinds of "offers" to get the free currency. If I had not been unemployed at the time, I would have absolutely been tempted to throw real $$ into it. The pvp aspects of the game is what drives HUGE profits for Kabam. They run 400 million in revenue. You get angry at someone who hit your cities and you want to retaliate......and thus you consume what your $$ purchased. You get large groups waging war and that's scores of people, many of whom are spending more money on an app than they ever would on a PC game. It's a smart set-up and designed with savvy psychology to pull people and their dollars in. Those guys are making bank. lol.

Have fun, but be wise.

They actually just left Kabam...they are now full with Warner Bros. And they have also changed up some of the gameplay lately. I personally went with out playing it for almost two month, so I think I'm good (I've had more trouble staying away from LOTRO, LOL).

DrZ3

Spectus wrote:
Interesting that the studio is owned by the same parent company (Warner Bros.) that owns LOTRO's Turbine.

Yeah, I know! Happy

Towne
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

I have played it before, but I can't get into it.

Towne wrote:
I have played it before, but I can't get into it.

Hmm...mind if I ask why?

Towne
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

I don't understand it, and all I do is get attacked. I am just trying to do the quests or missions that they give me.

Towne wrote:
I don't understand it, and all I do is get attacked. I am just trying to do the quests or missions that they give me.

Lower level players always get attacked like crazy. This is because higher level players need tons of gold to support their cities, and the best way to get it is to raid lower level cities. The only ways to get arround this is buy and use protection runes, join an alliance with some high level players that can help protect you, or just simply train a boatload of troops so that when the enemy scouts you all they see in an army waiting to crush them! wink

DrZ3

Howdy, guys! Zipdryve and I have made a Christian alliance on the Gloin168 server called "The Mighty Men"! If anyone wants to join, please let me or Zipdryve know! Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Discord Users

Featured Poll
Recent Awards