Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
ARK Server Hotjoin
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

ANNOUNCEMENT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Games you would like to see on my you tube channel.
Lego SW Complete Saga
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lego Hobbit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stardew Valley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
American Truck Simulator/Euro Truck Simulator
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lord of the rings Online
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Team Fortress 2
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Star Trek Online
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Christian Gamer Jolee
Arbitrator
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

re: Looking for advice- you tube channel

I am trying to figure out what is the best genre of games for my channel to get the most popularity.

Currently the schedule is:

Monday: Lego- SW/LOTR
Tuesday: Indee- whatever I find
Wednesday: Online /LOTR
Thursday: Simulator/American Truck Simulator
Friday- Survivor / Currently Tron
Saturday - My choice

Which days and games do you like?
Should I change the platform?
The only day I struggle with is Tuesday.
Should I focus on just Lego/ online/ simulator more?
Please let me know what you think?
Any thoughts are welcome.
Currently I release a 30 min daily is that to many/ to little?
In regards to the scripture of the day, do you think reading the scripture is enough or do I need to go a little Further with a life application lesson? 1-2min max.
Should I have a splash screen during scripture then go into the game?
Just trying to make my channel more professional and honor God!
Thanks all!

I crated a poll but might be easier to answer in thread as you might be intrested in many games lol.
Thank you
Have a good day everyone.
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Jedi Grand Master

Jedi Grand Master

Since I don't have a successful YouTube channel, I really don't know what to recommend other than watch other successful YouTube channels and imitate what they do.

Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Intrepid Corsair wrote:
Since I don't have a successful YouTube channel, I really don't know what to recommend other than watch other successful YouTube channels and imitate what they do.

what he said.

"I got your gun" -James Kirk
scootzter
Arbitrator
Young Jedi Consular

Young Jedi Consular

For your indie games dilemma, I'd recommend looking around on Splattercat gaming on YouTube for some ideas, most of what he does is indie games.
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

I have seen from several fairly popular YouTube channels that 10-15 minute videos are where most peoples attention spans lay. Shorter than that, they don't due well and you don't have time to get into anything, longer than that and people think that it is too long and may not click on the video at all, and if they do viewership falls off drastically after 15-18 minutes.

If you are going for popularity you need to play popular games, or provide unique content that has an unmet demand. Or be a stellar entertainer where you are more the draw and the entertainment, not so much what you are actually doing / playing.

I would recommend researching Thumbnails. Thumbnail design is a major factor in picking up views from related or suggested feeds.

Lastly, think about implementing some games that keep the viewer interested in the progression of a story, like "Lets Play" series. That progression can be in game story, or the story as told by you as you progress through the games content. Let me give you an example of both. In game story would be a game like The Last of Us, where the viewer is interested in seeing the next part of the games internal story. The play through needs to be interesting to of course. An example of playing through a games story as told by you would be a game like XCOM2. Where you not only play though the game and show them the story in the game, but you also make a unique set of personalized characters that you bring to life as you tell their story of going through the game together. Also narrating about how and why you are making tactical decisions and such as you play through the game. I would recommend checking out The Mighty Jingles play through of XCOM2 as an example of what I mean. (Caution some language.)

Good luck.
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Jedi Grand Master

Jedi Grand Master

NexusLuke wrote:
I have seen from several fairly popular YouTube channels that 10-15 minute videos are where most peoples attention spans lay. Shorter than that, they don't due well and you don't have time to get into anything, longer than that and people think that it is too long and may not click on the video at all, and if they do viewership falls off drastically after 15-18 minutes.

If you are going for popularity you need to play popular games, or provide unique content that has an unmet demand. Or be a stellar entertainer where you are more the draw and the entertainment, not so much what you are actually doing / playing.

I would recommend researching Thumbnails. Thumbnail design is a major factor in picking up views from related or suggested feeds.

Lastly, think about implementing some games that keep the viewer interested in the progression of a story, like "Lets Play" series. That progression can be in game story, or the story as told by you as you progress through the games content. Let me give you an example of both. In game story would be a game like The Last of Us, where the viewer is interested in seeing the next part of the games internal story. The play through needs to be interesting to of course. An example of playing through a games story as told by you would be a game like XCOM2. Where you not only play though the game and show them the story in the game, but you also make a unique set of personalized characters that you bring to life as you tell their story of going through the game together. Also narrating about how and why you are making tactical decisions and such as you play through the game. I would recommend checking out The Mighty Jingles play through of XCOM2 as an example of what I mean. (Caution some language.)

Good luck.

This is the reason I don't attempt to be a YouTube Phenom. It takes too much work. wink

Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

re: Re: Looking for advice- you tube channel

Christian Gamer Jolee aka darb77 wrote:
I am trying to figure out what is the best genre of games for my channel to get the most popularity.

Currently the schedule is:

Monday: Lego- SW/LOTR
Tuesday: Indee- whatever I find
Wednesday: Online /LOTR
Thursday: Simulator/American Truck Simulator
Friday- Survivor / Currently Tron
Saturday - My choice

Which days and games do you like?
Should I change the platform?
The only day I struggle with is Tuesday.
Should I focus on just Lego/ online/ simulator more?
Please let me know what you think?
Any thoughts are welcome.
Currently I release a 30 min daily is that to many/ to little?
In regards to the scripture of the day, do you think reading the scripture is enough or do I need to go a little Further with a life application lesson? 1-2min max.
Should I have a splash screen during scripture then go into the game?
Just trying to make my channel more professional and honor God!
Thanks all!

I crated a poll but might be easier to answer in thread as you might be intrested in many games lol.
Thank you
Have a good day everyone.

Well, you know I think LOTRO should be your main game, with Star Trek Online and LEGO games as secondary games. Also, TF2 would be good as it is HIGHLY popular, and it would be great to see someone publicly representing Christians in that game. A good time frame to keep videos in would be to keep all non-PC games around 15 min. (as stated above), and all PC games from 30 min. to an hour (as that is generally what popular PC gaming channels for games like LOTRO, STO, and TF2 use as a time frame).

Dr. Z, a half crazy Elvish scientist

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Teamspeak Users

Featured Poll
Recent Awards