Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crackjaw73
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

re: HP Omen 32 monitor review

I finally broke down and got a new monitor for my system and decided to step into the 2k gaming world. Kix has mentioned this before and I agree now that I have one that 2k is the current 'Goldilocks' resolution for gaming... not too low so you don't get the jaggies of 1k, but without the crushing system requirements of 4k. 4k also has a number of other issues such as you have to enable scaling so you can even read the text in applications and scaling doesn't work all the time. I know this because my work machine supports 4k.

I started my search looking for a true gaming 2k monitor that supported 144hz refresh. Wow those are expensive at $700! I quickly backed off that requirement and figured 60hz would do me fine since I had been using a 60hz monitor for years. Long story short I stumbled across the HP Omen 32" monitor and it's very nice.

For ~$400 you get:

-32" diagonal screen which is really very nice for gaming. It's large enough to feel cinematic but not so big that you have to physically pan your head left and right to see the whole screen.
-2k resolution
-75 Hz refresh
-Beautiful picture quality
-Wide viewing angle
-2 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort 1.2 input

I think this monitor is a good balance of price and features that hits that sweet spot of being a really good value for the money.

If you're interested: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-32-32-inch-display

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast.
Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

I picked up the BenQ 3200 about a year ago. 2k is definitely the way to go. Congrats.

re: Re: HP Omen 32 monitor review

Crackjaw73 wrote:
I finally broke down and got a new monitor for my system and decided to step into the 2k gaming world. Kix has mentioned this before and I agree now that I have one that 2k is the current 'Goldilocks' resolution for gaming... not too low so you don't get the jaggies of 1k, but without the crushing system requirements of 4k. 4k also has a number of other issues such as you have to enable scaling so you can even read the text in applications and scaling doesn't work all the time. I know this because my work machine supports 4k.

I started my search looking for a true gaming 2k monitor that supported 144hz refresh. Wow those are expensive at $700! I quickly backed off that requirement and figured 60hz would do me fine since I had been using a 60hz monitor for years. Long story short I stumbled across the HP Omen 32" monitor and it's very nice.

For ~$400 you get:

-32" diagonal screen which is really very nice for gaming. It's large enough to feel cinematic but not so big that you have to physically pan your head left and right to see the whole screen.
-2k resolution
-75 Hz refresh
-Beautiful picture quality
-Wide viewing angle
-2 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort 1.2 input

I think this monitor is a good balance of price and features that hits that sweet spot of being a really good value for the money.

If you're interested: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-32-32-inch-display

Very nice. Yeah I have a 25" 2k monitor and I love it. I was hesitant to get a 32 because of what you said about the panning of the head because it was so big. How far does the monitor sit from your keyboard? Just trying to get an idea to see if a 32" would be feasible for my setup at some point.
Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

My monitor is about 8 inches behind my keyboard and I don't have any problem with head panning. A very slight turn of the head is all that's needed to get a good field of view. Works even better with trackIR.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: