Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
ARK Server Hotjoin
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

ANNOUNCEMENT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jao Thaun
Overseer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
Awarded:

re: The Last Jedi trailer has arrived

Elder Jedi Grand Master
Awarded:

EXCITED!!

Elder Jedi Grand Master
Awarded:

By the way, Luke is the Last Jedi... Snoke says so in Ep.7

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Eh...after the Force Awakens and Rogue One I lost interest in Star Wars...besides, Justice League and Thor 3 look ten times as epic! wink

Dr. Z, a half crazy Elvish scientist

Gamer 4 Christ
Saint
Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight
Awarded:

Dang, it's being released in December. Bummer. But I can't wait to see how it goes! Happy I hope they don't make the villains too dark, though. I didn't like how I found out Kylo Ren killed Han Solo... his own Dad!!! mad But hopefully they've toned it down a bit...

The Gaming Disciple
Irisbloom
IOTC Manager
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Can't wait! I am excited!

Psalm 18:17-19

He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.

They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay.

He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

The Serious Dad
Saint
Youngling Apprentice

Youngling Apprentice

Looks good... I was so confused when I watch the first 30 minutes of Rouge One last week. I couldn't figure out how it tied in with the previous movie hahahaha.

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22 KJV
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

DrZ3 wrote:
Eh...after the Force Awakens and Rogue One I lost interest in Star Wars...besides, Justice League and Thor 3 look ten times as epic! wink

Yeah. Both of Force Awakens and Rogue One were just too dark for Star Wars Movies in my opinion. I don't mind battles and death in movies but losing the main characters is hard. My wife hated Rogue One and will likely never watch another one with me.

Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Looking forward to watching it, besides by that time Star Citizen should be at 3.2 may take up my free time.

Real faith inevitably produces a changed life 2 Cor 5:17. Salvation includes a transformation of the inner person Gal 2:20. The nature of the Christian is new and different Rom 6:6. The unbroken pattern of sin and enmity with God will not continue when a person is born again 1 Joh 3:9-10. Those with genuine faith follow Christ Joh 10:27, love their brothers 1 Joh 3:14, obey God’s commandments 1 Joh 2:3; Joh 15:14, do the will of God Matt 12:50, abide in God’s Word Joh 8:31, keep God’s Word Joh 17:6, do good works Eph 2:10, and continue in the faith Col 1:21-23; Heb 3:14. In contrast, easybelievism teaches that although some spiritual fruit is inevitable, that fruit might not be visible to others and Christians can even lapse into a state of permanent spiritual barrenness.
Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Heh... we had a lively discusssion about Ep. VII and Rogue One in TeamSpeak tonight! I am a total Ep. 7 and Rogue One fanboi at the moment, and was dismayed that some did NOT like it! ( *gasp!* )

Granted, Ep. 7 was a bit too derivative for my preferences, but I kinda figured Han Solo would get it at some point. Harrison Ford has long advocated for the death of Han Solo, in part because he didn't want to be chained to the character for ever. Secondly, if they had stuck to the extended-universe storyline, Chewbacca would have been the one to die first. But that would have played into the expectations of the Extended Universe fans, and not been as shocking as Solo getting it.

As for Rogue One, yeah, it was tragic -- but it's ABOUT the Rebellion stealing the plans for the Death Star! And we know that such a feat would have only been realized at great cost to the Rebellion. This movie tells that story. And I think it was told with near perfection, right down to K2-SO, the reprogrammed Imperial assassin droid. Nice nod to HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic, that!

Sooooo, the big takeaways from this new trailer?? The big one is Luke solemnly intoning, "I only know this one truth -- it's time for the Jedi (dramatic pause) to end!"

Then, the trailer closes with the iconic Star Wars logo... emblazoned in (gasp!) red!!!

Does this mean Luke falls to the Dark Side?? Or Rey?? Or, perhaps both???

*perches on the edge of his seat*
Gamer 4 Christ
Saint
Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight
Awarded:

I guess it wasn't too bad. I mean, what are you to expect from a Sith Lord? It's just Han's death was pretty merciless. I wish they had just toned it down a bit. But Pop and I were pretty excited when we saw a little bit of Rogue One. I think we might rent it some time. Happy Now for VIII, I'm pretty sure we're ALL excited to see how things go...

The Gaming Disciple
DrZ3
Veteran
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Gamer 4 God wrote:
I guess it wasn't too bad. I mean, what are you to expect from a Sith Lord? It's just Han's death was pretty merciless. I wish they had just toned it down a bit. But Pop and I were pretty excited when we saw a little bit of Rogue One. I think we might rent it some time. Happy Now for VIII, I'm pretty sure we're ALL excited to see how things go...

I'm not! tongue out

Dr. Z, a half crazy Elvish scientist

Gamer 4 Christ
Saint
Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight
Awarded:

DrZ3 wrote:
Gamer 4 God wrote:

I'm not! tongue out

T_T *Crickets chirping*

The Gaming Disciple
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Spectus wrote:
Heh... we had a lively discusssion about Ep. VII and Rogue One in TeamSpeak tonight! I am a total Ep. 7 and Rogue One fanboi at the moment, and was dismayed that some did NOT like it! ( *gasp!* )

Granted, Ep. 7 was a bit too derivative for my preferences, but I kinda figured Han Solo would get it at some point. Harrison Ford has long advocated for the death of Han Solo, in part because he didn't want to be chained to the character for ever. Secondly, if they had stuck to the extended-universe storyline, Chewbacca would have been the one to die first. But that would have played into the expectations of the Extended Universe fans, and not been as shocking as Solo getting it.

As for Rogue One, yeah, it was tragic -- but it's ABOUT the Rebellion stealing the plans for the Death Star! And we know that such a feat would have only been realized at great cost to the Rebellion. This movie tells that story. And I think it was told with near perfection, right down to K2-SO, the reprogrammed Imperial assassin droid. Nice nod to HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic, that!

Sooooo, the big takeaways from this new trailer?? The big one is Luke solemnly intoning, "I only know this one truth -- it's time for the Jedi (dramatic pause) to end!"

Then, the trailer closes with the iconic Star Wars logo... emblazoned in (gasp!) red!!!

Does this mean Luke falls to the Dark Side?? Or Rey?? Or, perhaps both???

*perches on the edge of his seat*

According to the extended stories told through novels and comics, Luke does fall to the dark side but then turns back to the light and retreats into a self imposed exile. I wonder what part of that journey we will see in this new Star Wars episode? I'm looking forward to the movie but if they kill off Luke Skywalker I will never watch another one.

I didn't like Rogue One because some of the heros should survive, in my opinion. That has ALWAYS been the theme of Star Wars. I understand the need for great losses during the battle for the Death Star plans due primarily in part to Mon Mothma's words but even that wasn't accurate because she stated many BOTHANS died. I didn't see a bothan in the entire film. Killing off the entire cast leaves an empty pit in your heart and takes so much away from the film. Stories should always draw its audience on a journey ending in hope and positive expectation because death without resurrection leaves us in despair. Tragedy belongs to satan; Hope belongs to the Lord. Life is full of tragedy already. I don't want to watch it on the big screen.

Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight
Awarded:

Gamer 4 God wrote:
DrZ3 wrote:
Gamer 4 God wrote:

I'm not! tongue out

T_T *Crickets chirping*

J/K

The Gaming Disciple
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Teamspeak Users

Featured Poll
Recent Awards