Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Help Desk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jao Thaun
Overseer
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

re: Saints 3G, est. 2009 - Our History

Saints 3G was founded on May 11, 2009 by Jao Thaun as Saints of the Old Republic while preparing for the launch of Bioware’s Star Wars The Old Republic MMORPG. Jao, who had prior clan & guild leadership experience in other games such as Ghost Recon, Star Wars Galaxies, Lord of the Rings Online, and City of Heroes, and over 2 decades of console and PC gaming experience, felt the need to be a part of a community of like-minded individuals. After searching for such a community with Christian values to no avail, Jao saw the need to start his own guild and Saints of the Old Republic was born. Over the course of those 2 1/2 years of waiting and preparing, SOTOR grew exponentially, having processed well over 1,200 applications from prospective SWTOR applicants. By launch, the Saints became one of the top-ten largest guilds on starwarstheoldrepublic.com. Saints of the Old Republic was the first Christian guild, the largest Christian guild, and the only all-Christian guild in SWTOR.

Over the course of time, SOTOR began to expand it’s features with their very own Domain name, Podcast, TeamSpeak 3 server, Minecraft server, Freelancer server, a weekly Bible study, and many other community activities. After the launch of Star Wars The Old Republic, many of the members became bored or burned-out with the repetitive content or lack thereof. Some of the membership turned their eyes towards Guild Wars 2, while others chose to remain focused on The Old Republic. The guild Council decided to refocus the community from being a single-game guild to a multiple game community. The Council thought it best to also change the name and distance ourselves from The Old Republic. The name, “Saints 3G” was thought up by Protector_Z as a name for our community podcast. The name was so popular, the guild decided to adopt it as the new official name for the community. Contrary to popular remark, the “3G” has nothing to do with cellular service, instead, each “G” represents a word in which the guild is founded on. The first being God; then the Guild or community of people; and finally Gaming.

The Saints discovered Star Citizen through one of it’s members. Slowly, but surely, more and more members have opened their eyes and wallets to Star Citizen while at the same time, recruiting new faces from RSI’s own community. Saints 3G was the first Christian Organization created in Star Citizen and is currently the largest Christian Organization, the only all-Christian Organization, and a founding member of the ARC (Allies Representing Christ) Alliance.

Last edited by Jao Thaun on May. 1st, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

That. Is. Incredible.

-Arrowhead

I remember all those years ago in the early days back in SOTOR, just wanted to shout out and say thanks for all the great years! Even though some of them were spent at college... (lol) It's great to see that the guild is still alive, functioning and thriving; that can not be said about many groups such as this. It is a staple of the good leadership, the patience you have, and the protective had of God on this ministry. Because when it boils down to it: this is a ministry just like any other; so thank you sir, for continuing in the fight for keeping a sanctuary alive for Christians like me to safely come and be us without fear of rejection, humiliation and disdain.
Have met many friends here, some have come and gone, others are thankfully still here, I just pray for the continual protective hand and blessing of the One we all represent here, in a dark and lonely universe

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in

-Arrow

I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark.-Job 16:12
JayBii
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

-Arrowhead wrote:
I remember all those years ago in the early days back in SOTOR, just wanted to shout out and say thanks for all the great years! Even though some of them were spent at college... (lol) It's great to see that the guild is still alive, functioning and thriving; that can not be said about many groups such as this. It is a staple of the good leadership, the patience you have, and the protective had of God on this ministry. Because when it boils down to it: this is a ministry just like any other; so thank you sir, for continuing in the fight for keeping a sanctuary alive for Christians like me to safely come and be us without fear of rejection, humiliation and disdain.
Have met many friends here, some have come and gone, others are thankfully still here, I just pray for the continual protective hand and blessing of the One we all represent here, in a dark and lonely universe

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in

-Arrow

I couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you so much for making such an awesome gaming community! Happy

Sword of Asle
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Sentinel

Jedi Sentinel
Awarded:

re: Re: Saints 3G, est. 2009 - Our History

I remember this history with pride!
I still have merchandise.
I do miss the podcast of days of old :-)
The Serious Dad
Veteran
Young Jedi Initiate

Young Jedi Initiate

What a great testimony and a needful community.

Jao you should do a 15-30 second plug for Saints 3G and I would be willing to put on the radio occasionally. I know you have the equipment and we are just over 285 thousand listeners. I am sure some of those folks are gamers. Text me or PM me on here and let me know what you think.

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22 KJV
Jao Thaun
Overseer
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

sounds great, I'll get to work on it

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

How do I listen to it?

The Serious Dad
Veteran
Young Jedi Initiate

Young Jedi Initiate

Gamer 4 God wrote:
How do I listen to it?

Mobile app: Android or Apple search "TBT Radio"

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22 KJV
Vadis
Jedi Vadis
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Thank you, Jao, for your steadfastness and leadership. This guild is a blessing to many. And tomorrow...May the 4th be with you.

"Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." Luke 13:4-5
JayBii
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Cool, thx!

JayBii
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Jedi Vadis wrote:
Thank you, Jao, for your steadfastness and leadership. This guild is a blessing to many. And tomorrow...May the 4th be with you.

Oh wow! I almost forgot about that! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Torshan
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

re: Re: Saints 3G, est. 2009 - Our History

Jao Thaun wrote:
Saints 3G was founded on May 11, 2009 by Jao Thaun as Saints of the Old Republic while preparing for the launch of Bioware’s Star Wars The Old Republic MMORPG.

Happy 8th Birthday Saints3G! Here's to 8 more years of fun and fellowship!

Jedi Sentinel

Jedi Sentinel
Awarded:

Wow that is awesome looking forward for so many more blessings to come :-).
Jao Thaun
Overseer
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

8 years... time flies

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum