Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
ARK Server Hotjoin
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranubis Toreington
Saint
Young Jedi Sentinel

Young Jedi Sentinel

re: Headphones vs Speakers & Mic

So what do you use? At the present time I use a Logitech G430 headphone mic combo, but am considering moving over to a speaker & mic. Any input? My biggest concern is how well the mic will pic up if it's set a couple feet away from me.

Jedi Knight
Awarded:

re: Re: Headphones vs Speakers & Mic

Ranubis Toreington wrote:
So what do you use? At the present time I use a Logitech G430 headphone mic combo, but am considering moving over to a speaker & mic. Any input? My biggest concern is how well the mic will pic up if it's set a couple feet away from me.

I use both, I perfer speakers and a mic, but a headset it great when you need to be quiet. wink

Dr. Z, a half crazy Elvish scientist

Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

I use the Steel Series Arctis-7 wireless headset It offers a long charge and use time (measured in days of gaming without the charging cable), fantasic voice pickup with sound cancellation technology and near studio quality ear phones.

I do not advocate the use of a stand alone mic with speakers for several reasons. The first reason is audio feedback. This can be quite vicious if you don't get a quality (expensive) mic with the appropriate cancellation software. Low mic pickup. Again, spend lots of money for a good mic and this won't be an issue. Low voice quality: We have several members here who have the speaker/mic setup and it is hard to understand what they are saying. For reference, your current headphone/mic setup allows very clear voice pickup for me but I can barely hear or understand Scootzter. Even Jao is hard to understand from time to time.

Young Jedi Sentinel

Young Jedi Sentinel

Thanks Intrepid, you gave me the answer I needed. Ill stick with the G430!

Young Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Kingston Hyper-X Cloud headset. Amazing, amazing, amazing. Best headset I've ever used and not priced out of the stratosphere like many high end headsets. Headsets keep things quiet while I'm gaming as our PC is next to the back wall of our bedroom so I can game and it doesn't disturb anyone.

John 10:10 New King James Version (NKJV) The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 

Musashi Freelancer "Seraph"
NYG
Honorary Staff
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

I have speakers hooked up. Nothing major, just a standard pair of Logitechs. I also use an older Logitech headset w/ mic for TS. Again, nothing fancy needed. These do their job fine.

Megamind: [from projector] Over here, old friend! In case you've noticed, you've fallen right into my trap!

Metro Man: You can't trap justice. It's an idea, a BELIEF!

Megamind: Even the most heartfelt belief can get corroded over time!

Metro Man: Justice is a non-corrosive metal!

Megamind: But metals can be melted by the heat of revanchge!

Metro Man: It's REVENGE, and it's best served cold!

Megamind: But it can easily be reheated, in the microwave of evil!

Metro Man: Well I think your warranty's is about to expire!

Megamind: Maybe I got an extended warranty!

Metro Man: Warranties are invalid, if used beyond their intended purpose!

scootzter
Arbitrator
Jedi Consular

Jedi Consular

Intrepid Corsair wrote:
I use the Steel Series Arctis-7 wireless headset It offers a long charge and use time (measured in days of gaming without the charging cable), fantasic voice pickup with sound cancellation technology and near studio quality ear phones.

I do not advocate the use of a stand alone mic with speakers for several reasons. The first reason is audio feedback. This can be quite vicious if you don't get a quality (expensive) mic with the appropriate cancellation software. Low mic pickup. Again, spend lots of money for a good mic and this won't be an issue. Low voice quality: We have several members here who have the speaker/mic setup and it is hard to understand what they are saying. For reference, your current headphone/mic setup allows very clear voice pickup for me but I can barely hear or understand Scootzter. Even Jao is hard to understand from time to time.

I liked what I saw, so I ordered a Arctis 7 for myself! I'll let you know how I like it :D
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

scootzter wrote:
Intrepid Corsair wrote:

I liked what I saw, so I ordered a Arctis 7 for myself! I'll let you know how I like it :D

Can't go wrong with it. Seems like a quality product.

Jedi Padawan

Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

I use a headset gaming mic. I also have a gaming logitech webcam I use,
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Discord Users

Featured Poll
Recent Awards