Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
ARK Server Hotjoin
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
1
 
ANNOUNCEMENT
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ramlatus
Veteran
Young Padawan Learner

Young Padawan Learner
user avatar

Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 60

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

I am looking to take some time off in september. Within the time frame of Sept 6th to the 27th. I have 5 or 6 days to play with. I am looking for fun ideas to just relax and have some fun. Note I have a dog to look after as well.

Ideas so far
*Dispersed Camping
*Just staying at home.
*Find some kind of pen & paper gaming convention.


Last edited by Ramlatus on Jul. 26th, 2017 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Yehochanan
Veteran
Young Jedi Apprentice

Young Jedi Apprentice
user avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 146

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

i like camping.

or this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassini%E2%80%93Huygens#Grand_Finale_and_planned_destruction

maybe therell be a live feed?


_________________
just call me John
-Arrowhead
Veteran
Jedi Padawan

Jedi Padawan
user avatar

Joined: 07 May 2012
Posts: 238

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

Do you mind if I ask what state you're in?


_________________
I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark.-Job 16:12
Ramlatus
Veteran
Young Padawan Learner

Young Padawan Learner
user avatar

Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 60

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

NW Arkansas. near Fayetteville
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
user avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2014
Posts: 6253

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

Things I would do:

https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/devilsden/
http://www.arkansasairandmilitary.com/
Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks
http://farmlandadventures.com/index.php
http://eurekaspringswest.com/boats-canoe-rentals-marina.shtml (Jet Ski Rentals)
Float the Buffalo River
http://www.bransontourismcenter.com/?phid=777&gclid=CISc7uSpsdUCFY1WDQodPlUG5Q


_________________
As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord. In mind, body and spirit.
Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
user avatar
Awarded:
Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 1870

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

Have you gone canoeing on one of the preserved rivers in the Ozarks? If not, I'd suggest you do so....

Buffalo River, north Arkansas
Jack's Fork and Current River State Park, Missouri

Another gorgeous option that does not involve canoeing is Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park in Missouri. Feel like feeding your inner rockhound? How about digging for diamonds at Crater of Diamonds State Park southwest of Little Rock? It sits on top of one of the continental USA's few kimberlite pipes, the habitat for natural diamonds -- and you get to keep everything you find!

In September, if you desire a campsite or cabin, you will definitely want to reserve a site well in advance of your desired dates! The Ozarks are a popular fall-colors destination.
Yehochanan
Veteran
Young Jedi Apprentice

Young Jedi Apprentice
user avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 146

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

I know a spot in ouchita near hot springs for primitive camping. Just south of bear mountain on range Rd. There's a ltitle rifle range right there.

EDIT: apologies, its target trail, not range rd. the fishing at nearby blakely dam is also good. you can pull trout out of the water left and right with canned corn during the cold months.


_________________
just call me John
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
user avatar

Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 2589

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

Not sure what kind of budget you are working with, or if you are willing to travel at all... but if you want to go to any of the CityPass cities you can save a lot of money and get to see some really cool stuff. Last summer I went to Chicago and went to their amazing Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry, the Field Museam, etc, etc. Lots of good food as well. Really good trip for 2.5 days, and the CityPass really saves you a lot of money if you are planning to hit up several of the highlighted destinations anyway.

http://www.citypass.com/
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
user avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2014
Posts: 6253

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

That's a cool site, Nexus. Thanks for the link.


_________________
As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord. In mind, body and spirit.
Ramlatus
Veteran
Young Padawan Learner

Young Padawan Learner
user avatar

Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 60

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

Yehochanan wrote:
EDIT: apologies, its target trail, not range rd. the fishing at nearby blakely dam is also good. you can pull trout out of the water left and right with canned corn during the cold months.


You have to be careful with that some states make it illegal to fish with corn or anything that is not considered a normal bait.

It should be noted to all that I have an untrained 8-month-old puppy. He will be going. From his reaction to me in a bath tub I suspect that he would have a heart attack in fear if I took him on a canoe trip. Right now the most logical option is camping, but I am still looking into it.
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
user avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 1864

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

Ramlatus wrote:
Yehochanan wrote:
EDIT: apologies, its target trail, not range rd. the fishing at nearby blakely dam is also good. you can pull trout out of the water left and right with canned corn during the cold months.


You have to be careful with that some states make it illegal to fish with corn or anything that is not considered a normal bait.


Really!?


_________________
1 Corinthians 13
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
user avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2014
Posts: 6253

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

Kyrath56 wrote:
Ramlatus wrote:
Yehochanan wrote:
EDIT: apologies, its target trail, not range rd. the fishing at nearby blakely dam is also good. you can pull trout out of the water left and right with canned corn during the cold months.


You have to be careful with that some states make it illegal to fish with corn or anything that is not considered a normal bait.


Really!?


Each state has its own regulations. When you apply for an out of state fishing license, you will get a game and fish guide that will state the requirements. Make sure you read them because the fines can be quite stiff.


_________________
As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord. In mind, body and spirit.
Yehochanan
Veteran
Young Jedi Apprentice

Young Jedi Apprentice
user avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 146

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

i know in utah it is. i am able to find no such law or regulation in arkansas. its absurd beyond belief, and the supposed justification some people in fish and game will make for the regulation are equally hilarious.


_________________
just call me John
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
user avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2014
Posts: 6253

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

Yehochanan wrote:
i know in utah it is. i am able to find no such law or regulation in arkansas. its absurd beyond belief, and the supposed justification some people in fish and game will make for the regulation are equally hilarious.


I support fish and game regulations. While some might believe it is just a bunch of nonsense that allows game wardens the ability to get money from country folk just trying to survive, the actual reason for regulations is to protect natural resources and make the sport of fishing and hunting available to all. Believe it or not, if there were no regulations or wardens to enforce the laws, there would be very little left to hunt or fish. Though none of us here would likely do that, there are many others who would completely decimate game populations for profit.


_________________
As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord. In mind, body and spirit.
Yehochanan
Veteran
Young Jedi Apprentice

Young Jedi Apprentice
user avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 146

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: Interesting vacation ideas

Intrepid Corsair wrote:
Yehochanan wrote:
i know in utah it is. i am able to find no such law or regulation in arkansas. its absurd beyond belief, and the supposed justification some people in fish and game will make for the regulation are equally hilarious.


I support fish and game regulations. While some might believe it is just a bunch of nonsense that allows game wardens the ability to get money from country folk just trying to survive, the actual reason for regulations is to protect natural resources and make the sport of fishing and hunting available to all. Believe it or not, if there were no regulations or wardens to enforce the laws, there would be very little left to hunt or fish. Though none of us here would likely do that, there are many others who would completely decimate game populations for profit.


i imagine "some" do believe those things. im sure youre not referring to me specifically, even though you directly quoted me. im certain you can easily see that my comment was a very specific criticism of one particular regulation, and not the broad condemnation of game wardens and fish and game depts in general which "some" may extol.

anyway, i just got off the phone with debbie with arkansas game and fish commission who assures me the only regulations with regard to bait use has to do with live bait, like worms and crawfish.  there seems to be no mention of the use of canned corn for bait anywhere in arkansas law. i hope you enjoy your vacation ramlatus.


_________________
just call me John
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
 
 
Discord Users
 
Featured Poll
Recent Awards
1