Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
ARK Server Hotjoin
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Gamer 4 Christ
Saint
Jedi Commander

Jedi Commander
Awarded:

re: My Apologies

Hello, Saints.

My humblest apologies. I was horribly misinformed. Note to self: Check up on Info Wars for REAL news. xD

Last edited by Gamer 4 Christ on Dec. 1st, 2017 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

The Gaming Disciple
Jao Thaun
Overseer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
Awarded:

its the end of the internuts! oh no!

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

What I dislike is that companies, such as Google, support this stuff because it puts heavier restrictions on anyone entering the market, which puts their company at an advantage. I also cannot stand that something as simple as a email could get faster priority on high speed than something like...streaming video!...gaming!! I mean really??? I seriously hope they do not enact this nonsense.

Megamind: [from projector] Over here, old friend! In case you've noticed, you've fallen right into my trap!

Metro Man: You can't trap justice. It's an idea, a BELIEF!

Megamind: Even the most heartfelt belief can get corroded over time!

Metro Man: Justice is a non-corrosive metal!

Megamind: But metals can be melted by the heat of revanchge!

Metro Man: It's REVENGE, and it's best served cold!

Megamind: But it can easily be reheated, in the microwave of evil!

Metro Man: Well I think your warranty's is about to expire!

Megamind: Maybe I got an extended warranty!

Metro Man: Warranties are invalid, if used beyond their intended purpose!

Gamer 4 Christ
Saint
Jedi Commander

Jedi Commander
Awarded:

NYG wrote:
What I dislike is that companies, such as Google, support this stuff because it puts heavier restrictions on anyone entering the market, which puts their company at an advantage. I also cannot stand that something as simple as a email could get faster priority on high speed than something like...streaming video!...gaming!! I mean really??? I seriously hope they do not enact this nonsense.

Worse, they will end up charging you for using your email and for watching YouTube... no comment

It's gettin' REEEAAAALLL bad here, folks.

The Gaming Disciple
Yehochanan
Veteran
Jedi Apprentice

Jedi Apprentice

net neutrality is not a good thing. am i seriously the only one on earth who gets that?

the internet is not a public utility, no matter how much you want it to be. so the comparison to barely drinkable water vs. premium yum water is irrelevant. there is no inalienable human right to high speed internet.

on the other hand, businesses do have the right to sell their products and services for what the market is willing to pay for them. petitioning government to curtail the rights of others for your own convenience is ignorant as if flies in the face of freedom of association.

"freedom on the internet"? dont make me laugh. your every web search and every keystroke is able to be monitored, logged, and scrutinized by the websites you visit, your isp, and multiple government agencies. take facebook for example. anyone use the book of faces? they monitor every word you type, build a profile out of your identity, and sell that to advertisers. and google? their tracking software is installed on tens of millions of websites. you dont want to pay for the internet, so they pay their bills by selling you. youre not the customer, youre the product, and "net neutrality" is the reason.

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
Awarded:

Yehochanan is right

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

I'm gonna withhold my judgment. If companies make sound choices, we might not notice much difference. If companies take advantage of it, we could see a lot of tit-for-tat stuff like providers making extra charges or slowing down content from competitors.

But when you say the internet is not a utility, I'm not sure we've really gotten down to the real nuts and bolts. Companies do lay the wiring, but it's part of a system that the nation runs on. Highways, water lines, sewers and electrical services are all comparable to the internet. Private companies put in the connections, and yes I know people pay for access, but it should be run in a reasonable way, and I hope that there will be penalties for providers who abuse average users.

And there will be no end to the "internuts" because there always have been and always will be plenty of nuts in the world.

All in all, this world is run by corrupt people, and as much as I hope people will not take advantage of normal people, it happens all the time, and it will get worse until it gets better upon Christ's return. So sit back, make wise choices, and don't let it bother you too much, unless of course it gets really bad.

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered . . . Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something.”   ~Sam Gamgee in The Two Towers

Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

I'm all for deregulating publically owned and operated companies. The only thing we should institute is standard requirements but allow companies the freedom to do what they want. Let the people/customers decide what they will pay for and accept as service. This is what our Country was founded on and should continue to this day.

Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Intrepid Corsair wrote:
I'm all for deregulating publically owned and operated companies. The only thing we should institute is standard requirements but allow companies the freedom to do what they want. Let the people/customers decide what they will pay for and accept as service. This is what our Country was founded on and should continue to this day.

Those standard requirements is what I'm most concerned about. Hopefully they will not benefit only a closed circle of people and hopefully they will be able to be changed, and not only by a closed circle of people. I'll cross my fingers.

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered . . . Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something.”   ~Sam Gamgee in The Two Towers

Gamer 4 Christ
Saint
Jedi Commander

Jedi Commander
Awarded:

Yehochanan wrote:
net neutrality is not a good thing. am i seriously the only one on earth who gets that?

the internet is not a public utility, no matter how much you want it to be. so the comparison to barely drinkable water vs. premium yum water is irrelevant. there is no inalienable human right to high speed internet.

on the other hand, businesses do have the right to sell their products and services for what the market is willing to pay for them. petitioning government to curtail the rights of others for your own convenience is ignorant as if flies in the face of freedom of association.

"freedom on the internet"? dont make me laugh. your every web search and every keystroke is able to be monitored, logged, and scrutinized by the websites you visit, your isp, and multiple government agencies. take facebook for example. anyone use the book of faces? they monitor every word you type, build a profile out of your identity, and sell that to advertisers. and google? their tracking software is installed on tens of millions of websites. you dont want to pay for the internet, so they pay their bills by selling you. youre not the customer, youre the product, and "net neutrality" is the reason.

My apologies. I apparently was misinformed by our friends the Libturds. xP I should've looked this up on Info Wars before posting. Sorry for the false alarm.

The Gaming Disciple
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi Commander

Jedi Commander

Awarded:

no worries gamer, thats what discussion is for :D
Yehochanan
Veteran
Jedi Apprentice

Jedi Apprentice

bazak is correct, theres no need to apologize gamer. i would like to suggest, however, that an alex jones is no more your friend than a bill maher. take news from the regular sources, but remember the Author of truth and use your ability to think critically about issues.

something that may not be clear is my repeated use of the pronoun "you" in my prior post was not referring to gamer specifically, but the net neutrality supporter in general.

Young Jedi Apprentice

Young Jedi Apprentice

Sound advice Yochinchan.
Crackjaw73
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Off topic by why cannot the general population have rational discussion such as this one where an idea is proposed, discussed, and opinions even changed based on facts rather than an immediate knee jerk reaction to ad hominem name calling? I swear this country is run by the political fringe on both sides and everyone in the middle is stuck wondering what is going on and who is in control.

./endrant
./offtopic

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi Commander

Jedi Commander

Awarded:

human nature, bad parenting, the anonymity of the internet (lol), pride, and im probably forgetting about half dozen things. the education system in this country is also a big problem heavily infested with marxists even elementary - high school, not just colleges. its kinda scary tbh.

also what yehochanan said, take everything from any news site with a heavy dose of salt, ideally, verify what they are saying as well.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Discord Users

Featured Poll
Recent Awards