Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

re: FOOTBALL FANS: Here's A New Name To Watch!

Talk about a thrilling finale to the NCAA football season! Alabama 26, Georgia 23 in an overtime shootout! Bama wins it on a thrilling touchdown pass!

So many talking points on this...

I've been saying for years that the SEC is arguably the NCAA's toughest, most-competitive football conference. And the results seem to lend credence to my opinion, with championships going to SEC teams so frequently the past several years -- and even having both teams in the championship game coming from the SEC several times.

But what I want to point up here is the play of a true freshman, a Samoan named Tua Tagovailova. The kid's a pretty amazing talent -- but of particular interest to us Saints is he's also a vibrant, openly-outspoken Christian.

Catch this highlight reel of his play spearheading Alabama's 2nd-half comeback and win. (The Tide were down 13-0 at halftime, and looked like they were rocked onto their heels for much of the first half.) And at the end, the capper...

UPDATE: Sadly, Disney/ESPN forced YouTube to shut down the previous video I had linked here, claiming copyright issues. This one looks like an official ESPN YouTube release, so we'll see if it stays up. The editing is a bit more heavy-handed than the previous video, but it also has Tagovailovoa's post-game quote thanking Jesus at the start, so in that way I like it better.

Last edited by Spectus on Jan. 14th, 2018 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zer0 C00lness
Veteran
Youngling Apprentice

Youngling Apprentice

It's definitely Tua time in Tuscaloosa next year. I knew the kid could spin it, but I didn't know he was so far ahead of Jalen in running the offense. Roll Tide Roll!

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

That's nice!

It's funny, by the way ...

In Kansas City, Alex Smith has been a rock as a quarterback. He's probably the best mediocre quarterback in the NFL, or the worst very good one (if that makes sense).

So after that game, many people were comparing KC with Alabama ... they had a very good QB all season but when they needed it, they pulled in the freshman!

Many people in KC are ready to get rid of Alex smith and get Pat Mahomes in. Let's just say I'd be ok with that too.

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered . . . Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something.”   ~Sam Gamgee in The Two Towers

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Discord Users

Featured Poll
Recent Awards