Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

re: Steam Cloud and local game saves: I'm confuzzled...

So I've upgraded to a better, stronger, faster Bionic Ma... erm, gaming rig, and I've been trying to figure out how to transfer my single-player game saves for ARK onto it from my old rig. But I'm confused. Seems like I'm missing something, but whenever I look in my Steam Library's ARK info page, it shows I have 10Gb of storage space available in SteamCloud, but zero gigs of anything saved. Yet I have the checkbox checked, which I think should have activated the process to save my single-player games into SteamCloud.

What am I missing?

Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

I’m not sure but Jao probably knows this bit of info right off his noodle.

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
Awarded:

re: Re: Steam Cloud and local game saves: I'm confuzzled...

Spectus wrote:
So I've upgraded to a better, stronger, faster Bionic Ma... erm, gaming rig, and I've been trying to figure out how to transfer my single-player game saves for ARK onto it from my old rig. But I'm confused. Seems like I'm missing something, but whenever I look in my Steam Library's ARK info page, it shows I have 10Gb of storage space available in SteamCloud, but zero gigs of anything saved. Yet I have the checkbox checked, which I think should have activated the process to save my single-player games into SteamCloud.

What am I missing?

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\ folder

Copy these folders:

Config
Saved
SavedArksLocal

Then paste them on a USB drive.

On the new computer copy them off the USB drive to the same directory on your new computer. Your single player game is now there on the new computer.

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Ahhh, SUCCESS!! Had a hiccup on my first attempt -- turns out the SavedArksLocal folder is a bit too far of a drilldown. The trick was to copy over the Config and the Saved folders, found inside the ShooterGame folder. The SavedArksLocal folder is inside the Saved folder. Caused a game crash when I tried to copy the SavedArksLocal folder separately.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: