Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
Members Online
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

re: New monitor!

Well, my old friend started to die this week. My old AOC flat-panel HD monitor, after maybe seven years' worth of near-continuous use, started to show a bright greenish-yellow vertical line that persists in all environments, be it initial boot-up screen, Windows desktop, or in-game. My computer "guru" informs me that this means the monitor has started to die, and that the line would likely slowly get wider, and more lines would appear, until it fails altogether.

So, I asked him and several Saints for advice on what brand of monitor I should buy as a replacement. Consensus was either a Dell or an Asus.

So, to the Internet I went, and found an Asus VC239-H monitor -- a 23" LED/backlit LCD unit for $119 on NewEgg.com. They were sweetening the deal with a promo code that knocked $10 off the price. Free FedEx Ground shipping, so final cost was $109, which I jumped at.

Got the monitor yesterday late-afternoon, and set it up this afternoon after work. Initial impression: SA-WEET unit! I was surprised at how much more vivid and well-saturated the color is on this screen, even ahead of my old 23" LCD monitor. First HDMI monitor or video device I have owned, and boy, it makes LOTRO look surprisingly crisp.

Only issue was that some heavy, blocky triangles kept popping up in LOTRO when I took one of my characters to Dol Amroth to test the graphics. I wound up finding and downloading a moniitor driver from Asus, which I didn't know needed to be done. Docs that were bundled with the device are thoroughly inadequate -- just some pictures showing how to hook up the monitor. I found a driver called "Frames 1.1.1.1" in the support section for my model of monitor, so I downloaded and installed it. And it worked! Artifacts in Dol Amroth were gone!

/happydance

Jao Thaun
Overseer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
Awarded:

Grats Spec!

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Amazing.

Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Nice

2 Corinthians 5:21. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." All people are sinners by nature and by action. All people are sinners from birth. All people are born alienated from God who is Holy, cannot look upon sin, cannot fellowship with sinners. That alienation because of sin prevents us from knowing God. He is too perfectly Holy to have anything to do with sinners, except to reject them. Now the result of that rejection, the result of that alienation in time is Godlessness. The result of it in eternity is hell. So this alienation in to which every human being is born is indeed a serious issue. It means that everybody lives their life without God and if they die in that condition, will spend their eternity without God in torment.
Towne
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

awesome bro congrats Happy

Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Congrats and thank you for sharing, Spectus.

"Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." Luke 13:4-5
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: