Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AedinRing

re: Prayer request

I know this is probably incredibly selfish of me, but I need prayer. I was a member here six years ago, and I was dealing with really bad depression and anxiety, faith issues, all sorts of stuff. I posted a bit about myself, and I came back trying to find that post. I haven't found it yet, but I have found PM's from people who were really trying to help me, but I was too overwhelmed to respond and accept help. I ended up having a breakdown where I couldn't get on a computer for years. Actually on my phone now because I still have trouble being on a computer.

I'm trying to trust God, believe he has a plan and will help ajd make things work out. But lately I've been trying to work through my past in counseling, and I've been seeing how different things could have been in my life, how much I screwed up. Now I'm back here, six years later, and I see all these messages from people who were really nice; and really wanted to help, but I was stupid and couldn't recieve it, so now I'm just struggling with just, what if these past six years could hage been different? What if they were supposed to be different, God wanted them to be different, but I screwed it all up?
Armethis
Senior Executive Officer
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

We will definitely pray for you.

Young Jedi Sentinel
Awarded:

prayers
Ladialyse
Veteran
Jedi Padawan

Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

I had a counselor once tell me not to "should" on myself. You can't go back. God's mercies are NEW every morning! Just go forward from where you are. Praying for you.

Isa 30:21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,“This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.

Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

I'll be praying. Whatever mistakes you've made, rest assured that God is bigger than all of them. Even our sinfulness can't overcome the plans He has for us. May He help you move forward from here.

Young Padawan Learner

Young Padawan Learner
Awarded:

AedinRing, I will share something that I came to realize, that has helped me in troubling times. If you read Job, you see how Satan comes to present himself with the sons of God (Angels), and Satan starts to basicly mock God and tell Him how Job would turn on God in a second, if God would just allow Satan to mess with Job a bit. (This IS going somewhere) The Bible identifies Satan as "the accuser of the brethren". ---Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.--- Of course Job did not turn on God, and God was glorified in that. Now, instead of considering a temptation a burden, a difficult thing, look at it as an OPPORTUNITY. I believe when Satan sees us sin, he mocks God just as he did in Job's case. "Ha! That's your child your son DIED for?! That SINNER sooner takes pleasure than obey you. (The Bible says, the pleasures of sin are but for a season. Jesus said, If ye love me, keep my commandments). So, imagine you are tempted in some way, and Satan is all set and ready, just WAITING to dishonor God with his tongue, AND......you don't do it.......Satan has to sit in silence dumbfounded, and perhaps God says to him, "That is my child that LOVES me. He could have chosen his own pleasure, I would have forgiven him anyway, but he chose to show me his LOVE for Me, by choosing to do My pleasure." ---James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;--- Every christian has two sides. The flesh (your body) and the spirit (The Holy Spirit which God said is sealed inside a saved person till the day of redemption (the rapture....when God takes us all to Heaven). ---Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.--- God says the flesh and the spirit war against one another. ---Galatians 5:16 and 17 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.--- An old Cherokee teaching was in line with what the Bible says (When used pertaining to christians anyways). The teaching was that everyone has two wolves inside them, a good wolf and a bad wolf, and the one that wins is the one you feed. Bathe yourself in preaching (online even-I like Robert Breaker, Sam Gipp, and James Knox.), and reading and studying God's word (walking in the Spirit) and you will find it is easier to do what's right (not fulfil the lust of the flesh). I hope this helps you in some way. David committed adultery and then murdered the woman's husband (Uriah) yet he had a broken and contrite heart over the wrong he had done, and God still called David a "man after mine own heart" God loves you, hates when you let sin defeat you, but expects you to keep getting back up and fighting. ---Proverbs 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.--- Satan loves to see us urged to do wrong by him or our own sin nature (which is from him), but don't let him turn around and tell you to stay down and quit trying. Show God you love Him, because you can.
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

One of the awesome things about Christ is that He gives us the ability to start over from scratch. Learn to put your past where it belongs: firmly behind you. No benefit will ever be realized by looking back.

Start over. Fresh. New. Today. Your anxiety and depression are likely a lingering guilt you have or a sense of loss over something. Perhaps time, or family or even innocence. I’ve been there and I’ve started over. It is definitely worth it.

Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

re: Re: Prayer request

AedinRing wrote:
...what if these past six years could hage been different? What if they were supposed to be different, God wanted them to be different, but I screwed it all up?

AedinRing, God loves you. God loves you. God loves you!

Please let these words sink in. Jesus didn't just go to the cross "for the sins of the world." It's more personal than that. He willing gave up his life for you. Jesus also prayed...for you...2000 years ago!

John 17:20-23
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

I don't know what you've all been through, but God does. And He will work it out for your good.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Don't worry about the past six years. Yes you and I have human responsibility, but God has the sovereignty. He's in control. He's been in charge since time began and will continue to do so until the end. It's possible that He will use the past six years to teach you something that you can then help others with.

Whatever you are currently facing, bring it to Jesus. He is the answer.

Be encouraged, Brother. Be at peace.

"Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." Luke 13:4-5
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Discord Users

Featured Poll
Recent Awards