Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
Members Online
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
DrZ3

re: Graphics Card: EDIT: Target ACQUIRED!!

Bazak12 wrote:
DrZ3 wrote:
Aeryn Suun wrote:
Ark is so unoptimized. Nice

It's weird because some Saints with worse rigs than him are running it fine, minus maybe long load times and some crashing...
not really, the newer the card the more likely the physical architecture and the drivers for it function in a way that is not compatible with ark, because they have not optimized it for the new methods the new card uses. optimization is basically the term for making sure your program plays nice with as many types of hardware as possible as effectively as possible.

I have one of the best new graphics cards on the market and a 2018 gaming laptop, and it runs ARK like a beast. Almost no issues at all, even at ultra high . So newer hardware not being optimized can't be a valid issue...

Dr. Z, a half crazy Elvish scientist

Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

DrZ3 wrote:
Aeryn Suun wrote:

It's weird because some Saints with worse rigs than him are running it fine, minus maybe long load times and some crashing...
not really, the newer the card the more likely the physical architecture and the drivers for it function in a way that is not compatible with ark, because they have not optimized it for the new methods the new card uses. optimization is basically the term for making sure your program plays nice with as many types of hardware as possible as effectively as possible.
DrZ3

Aeryn Suun wrote:

Maikeru_Arctic
Saint
Youngling Initiate

Youngling Initiate

Thank you for sharing your research, and hope you are enjoying the new card
Eryn Suun
Aeryn Suun
Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

2 Corinthians 5:21. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." All people are sinners by nature and by action. All people are sinners from birth. All people are born alienated from God who is Holy, cannot look upon sin, cannot fellowship with sinners. That alienation because of sin prevents us from knowing God. He is too perfectly Holy to have anything to do with sinners, except to reject them. Now the result of that rejection, the result of that alienation in time is Godlessness. The result of it in eternity is hell. So this alienation in to which every human being is born is indeed a serious issue. It means that everybody lives their life without God and if they die in that condition, will spend their eternity without God in torment.
Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Aeryn Suun wrote:
What's the first game you will play?

Well, that's a tricky question.

The first game I tried to play was Ark. Two attempts so far; both attempts resulted in crashes less than a minute into the environment.

Next sample was LOTRO, and it ran beautifully. Didn't stay in-game long, though -- it was getting late.

Next will be Divinity: Original Sin 2.

DrZ3

re: Re: Target ACQUIRED!!

Spectus wrote:
<-- cackles maniacally

IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!!

Forum Image

JOIN US IN ARK!!!

Eryn Suun
Aeryn Suun
Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

What's the first game you will play?

2 Corinthians 5:21. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." All people are sinners by nature and by action. All people are sinners from birth. All people are born alienated from God who is Holy, cannot look upon sin, cannot fellowship with sinners. That alienation because of sin prevents us from knowing God. He is too perfectly Holy to have anything to do with sinners, except to reject them. Now the result of that rejection, the result of that alienation in time is Godlessness. The result of it in eternity is hell. So this alienation in to which every human being is born is indeed a serious issue. It means that everybody lives their life without God and if they die in that condition, will spend their eternity without God in torment.
Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

re: Target ACQUIRED!!

<-- cackles maniacally

IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!!

Forum Image

Eryn Suun
Aeryn Suun
Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Spectus wrote:
Aeryn Suun wrote:

Well, I have to let you know I did not get the 2060 video I went for the 2080Ti. So I finished the rig and here are the specs.

Operating System
----- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
GPU
----- 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Gigabyte)
CPU
----- Intel Core i9 @ 3.60GHz, Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
----- 16.0GB
Motherboard
----- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF Z390-PRO GAMING (LGA1151)
Storage
----- M.2 465GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB (Unknown (SSD))
----- M.2 931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Unknown (SSD))
----- 1863GB Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA))
Powered
----- 1200 Watt 80 Platinum off Brand

Nice! And the top-of-the-line 2080 Ti -- sweet!

My budget won't let me come anywhere near 2080 at this time. But since my monitor is a 23" 1080p anyway, I'm hoping to be in good shape with my 2060.

Following my card's tracking data is quite the armchair sport the past couple days. Here's a snip of the latest summary. Two-day arrival time: not bad at all for free shipping!

Forum Image

Nice!

As you spec the 2060 video, works nicely for the monitor you have, you made a great choice. Most of the games I play are not really optimized the card handles it well, but still get some tearing and pauses.

Play a bit of Anthem looks pretty good.

I was excited when the video card arrived. It took me a couple of weeks to put together due to my work schedule. The Corsair 1000 W power supply I had died just after a month, so I bought a 1200 W off brand for 50 less and it works just a good. Corsair will replace it.

The one thing that amazed me is how quiet it runs, my other computer sounds like, a good comparison Newest Rig sounds like an electric car and the others like a motor automobile.

I am debating either buying a game computer for my grandson or building one, thinking just buying an i5 for him. My granddaughter has my 1st rig from years ago, grandson using my old i7 laptop and both actively enjoying Minecraft.

But planning to get them into Hytale. (oops going off topic). Can't wait till you get your rig built, so cool.

Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Aeryn Suun wrote:

Well, I have to let you know I did not get the 2060 video I went for the 2080Ti. So I finished the rig and here are the specs.

Operating System
GPU
CPU
RAM
----- 16.0GB
Motherboard
Storage
Powered

Nice! And the top-of-the-line 2080 Ti -- sweet!

My budget won't let me come anywhere near a 2080 at this time. But since my monitor is a 23" 1080p anyway, I'm hoping to be in good shape with my 2060.

Following my card's tracking data is quite the armchair sport the past couple days. Here's a snip of the latest summary. Two-day arrival time: not bad at all for free shipping!

Forum Image

Eryn Suun
Aeryn Suun
Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Spectus wrote:
Aeryn Suun wrote:
Thanks for the info 2060 will be going into my new gaming rig.

Cool! Glad my scribblings were of assistance!

So what are the other components you are planning to build into your rig? (CPU, memory, HDD and/or SSD, etc.)?

Operating System
GPU
CPU
RAM
----- 16.0GB
Motherboard
Storage
Powered

Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Intrepid Corsair wrote:
It’ll be cool to see what your results show, Specs. Keep us informed, Major.

I've made my purchase! Went for a ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2060. I hadn't heard of the brand before, but user reviews seemed almost all positive. A couple of comments about a noise the users referred to as "coil whine" (whatever that means), but most comments tout it's quiet operation. And all say their card has performed solidly in a standard 1080p to 1440p environment. My only concern is that it's a PCI-3x card, while my systems only have a PCI-2x capability. But if-and-when I upgrade to a newer Ryzen build, that shouldn't be too much of a concern. Looking forward to getting the card! Standard shipping from Newegg, so I will be drumming my fingers impatiently until it arrives. But Newegg has a good history of decent delivery times for me.

Spectus
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Aeryn Suun wrote:

Cool! Glad my scribblings were of assistance!

So what are the other components you are planning to build into your rig? (CPU, memory, HDD and/or SSD, etc.)?

Eryn Suun
Aeryn Suun
Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: