Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
Members Online
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armethis
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

re: Addressing "Concerns"

I have a concern. I feel like someone in the guild has "wronged" me, or maybe I think someone has behaved in such a way that was offensive to me. How do I go about addressing the issue?

There is a right way to do that. It's the biblical way. It's the way we would like our members to go about it. I will be brief.

1) Go to the person(s) with whom you have the issue. Not to your friends. Not to the forums or some other media. Go to them. Most of the time it will turn out to be a mis-understanding or a mis-communication. If the situation is unresolved, after you have spoken to them. Proceed to the next step.

2) Bring the issue to "2 or 3" folks who are mature in the faith. Ideally, they would be people who can be trusted to provide sound/unbiased council. In life, that could be elders at church, parents or perhaps elder family relations. Here in the Saints, we have a council. If you look to the left of this page you will see a "contact the Council" box. It is private. Only the council can see it. It is checked regularly. A really good option. Alternately, you can simply PM us or get with us on Discord.

Now, we go to the person again (in love, and assuming after hearing the matter, it is agreed that the issue requires resolution) and we attempt to reconcile the two parties. The collective wisdom of your elder council and the added perspectives brought to bear cannot be undervalued in the resolution of an issue.

3) In the unfortunate event that the offending party refuses to repent and is unwilling to amend their behavior; then, and only then, is the matter to be brought before the entire assembly (in our case, the guild). Even in this eventuality, however, the full details of the incident may not be fully disclose. The idea is always reconciliation, not humiliation. So, simply the fact that the offending party has done "wrong" and that disciplinary action (to whatever severity the situation requires) will be taken is communicated.

That's it. It's pretty simple and it's biblical.

The problem is, it's not easy. It's alot easier to run to you friends. It's alot easier to hold a grudge and talk poorly about the other party when their not around, and shun them when they are. And, when it turns out to have been a simple mis-understanding (which again, is most of the time) it makes it extremely hard to resolve the situation without having damaged the relationship of the two parties. It's a simple matter of pride. Sadly, we all have it and God doesn't think much of it.

So, there it is. I hope it helps. God bless the Saints!

**The above is a general guideline to be followed. There are some "situational circumstances" concerning public occurrences where a publicly made offense is dealt with publicly. For instance, a person using inappropriate language in a public channel being corrected immediately.**

Jedi Sentinel

Jedi Sentinel
Awarded:

This is probably not going to to be well heard, but truth hurts.
When the holy spirit tell me what I need to say I say it.
Respectfully thank you for the refresher course.
This has gotten way out of hand.
Both parties did wrong.
If you are offended do it privately.
If you need to talk to a individual do it privately.
If you need advice do it privately.
Don't respond due to you frustration through a post, that draws more attention and is just as bad as what you are frustrated about.
I am a third party looking in and before stating I don't have the right. Yes, I do both parties posted so you both now have brought the issue into the community.
This was handled on both sides wrong. So let's just forgive and move on and return everything the way it was last week.
If you can't sorry in my eyes that is sad and against scripture.
Matthew 7:3-5
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
I don't need to hear about other peoples issue unless you can't solve the issue privately and you did all you can to resolve it. Which I know that is not the case as there has not been enough time. If the scripture above makes you mad, well look to God as I didn't write the Bible.
I am sorry if this was brought to me at my church as I am a Elder the answer would be no different.
In him,
Brad
Armethis
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

Sword of Asle wrote:
Both parties did wrong.
Don't respond due to you frustration through a post, that draws more attention and is just as bad as what you are frustrated about.
I am a third party looking in and before stating I don't have the right. Yes, I do both parties posted so you both now have brought the issue into the community.
This was handled on both sides wrong. So let's just forgive and move on and return everything the way it was last week.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
I don't need to hear about other peoples issue unless you can't solve the issue privately and you did all you can to resolve it. Which I know that is not the case as there has not been enough time. If the scripture above makes you mad, well look to God as I didn't write the Bible.
I am sorry if this was brought to me at my church as I am a Elder the answer would be no different.
In him,
Brad

Brad, the only purpose of the original post was to let our members know how they are expected to go about addressing a concern with another member. That is the only issue it is addressing. The reason for it is because we have had a couple of members who failed to do it correctly and I wanted to make sure everyone understands how to go about it. That's it.

I believe you are confusing it with, or including it in another matter that is being handled (or maybe has been handled) separately. That issue, however, has nothing to do with this thread and comments about that other concern should not be posted in this thread, please. Thanks!

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Sword of Asle wrote:
Both parties did wrong.
In him,
Brad

As a Christian, I stand by what Armethis has put to words here but it should’ve been written someone outside of the situation so as to not appear just the way you took it. If it had been issued by Jao, Torshan or me it would’ve been received as brotherly correction.

Thread locked

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Discord Users

Featured Poll
Recent Awards