Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Help Desk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jao Thaun
Overseer
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

re: God's Simple Plan of Salvation

Friend, are you 100% sure that if you were to die right now that you'd go to heaven? Or would you have some doubt?

The Bible says in 1st John 5:13 "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

It is possible to know that you have eternal life. Do you know for sure? Well I got good news friend, the Bible teaches us how we can know for sure.

#1 You must understand that you are a sinner just like everyone else.
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" - Romans 3:23
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" - Romans 3:10

What is sin? The Bible says that "All unrighteousness is sin:" - 1 John 5:17 All disobedience to God is sin, if you've ever broken one of the 10 commandments, or any other Bible command, you've sinned and we have all sinned. Have you ever told a lie? Disobeyed your parents? Got angry with someone for something they didn't do? Then you've sinned.

#2 You must realize that the price of your sin is eternal death in hell.
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." - Revelation 20:14
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." - Revelation 21:8

It doesn't matter how good of a person I am, the moment I steal a car I will have to go to jail to pay for my crime. Well, it doesn't matter how good of a person you are spiritually, the moment you sin, the only way to pay for that sin is to go to hell forever and ever.

#3 Believe that God loves you and that He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross and shed His perfect blood for your sins and that He was buried and rose again the 3rd day.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8
"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4

Friend, God loved you so much He gave all He had to purchase your soul from the fires of hell and redeem you for His own. He gave His own life for you. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13

#4 Understand that salvation is a free gift from God and it can only be received by faith. You cannot work your way to heaven or earn salvation by being good enough, it is a free gift through His Son Jesus Christ.
"...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

You think of Christmas time or Birthday parties, all gifts are free to the person they're intended for, they have that person's name on them, and they're wrapped in pretty paper, but they cost someone something. The gift of eternal life has your name written on it, it cost God everything - His own blood, and He offers it to you by faith wrapped up in His Son Jesus Christ and gives you the choice to either accept His gift by faith or reject it. You don't earn a gift, it's always free, but you can reject it.

Would you be willing to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and accept God's free gift of eternal life?

#5 You must call upon Jesus Christ by faith and ask Him to save your soul.
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." - Romans 10:9-10
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." - Romans 10:13

Friend, since Jesus was willing to die for your sins, would you be willing to call upon Him and ask Him by faith to save you right now? If so, please pray this prayer to God and mean it with all your heart.

Dear Jesus, I know I'm a sinner and deserve to go to hell, but I believe you died for my sins and rose again and I'm asking you to come into my heart and save my soul from hell. I accept you as my Saviour. Amen.

If you prayed and asked the Lord Jesus Christ to save you, please let us know. God bless you!

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum