Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AltaVista

re: Scattered - The Discussion

Good heavens, I should have seen that. THank you Julmay!
AltaVista

Oooh, Naaaaandi... people keep dying around you. Now I'm all worried to have Aicha hanging around her. Naandi's, like, a walking curse of death. :P Noooo. We wants to live! We WANTS to LIVE, precious!
Reginox

It absolutely never ceases to completely stun me that Alta and Naandi can write as well as they do.

I'm going to be putting a LOT more thought into At The Front from now on.....

Jedi Master

Reginox wrote:
It absolutely never ceases to completely stun me that Alta and Naandi can write as well as they do.

^This.

I hear ya man. The bar has been raised further than I can reach.

Naandi: Loved your story! It seemed so realistic, and you captured the troopers disposition so well. Far beyond that is the manner in which you told the story, with such graceful eloquence in how you described things, from the opening description of the leaf and tree, to the "predator like aura" of the Sith warrior (loved that part), and and... wow. Just wow. It painted such vivid pictures, but not only that, such stylized vivid pictures splashed with emotions, the harsh gritty nature of war, and the effect on the people involved, all the while never lacking in story, action, and awesomeness, lol. That truly is WRITING. Bravo. *Standing Ovation.*

Vista: See above paragraph.... Lol. While your style was different, you managed to have a very intense scene without one blaster rifle firing, or a lightsaber powering on, keeping the tension high and just as perilous as a ground skirmish. Mad kudos. I really liked how you did something so unique with the attack. The addition of the droid for some comedic relief, hasn't been done yet in a scattered post that I know of, and it was cool. Definitely felt Star Warsy. You describe everything so well, my imagination took a nap and did it's nails while I was reading. I didn't need to fill in the blanks with missing detail, it was all there in full splendor. You write so... smooth. It felt like I read it in one minute, and it was all gone. My eyes were pulled like a magnet when one paragraph ended and another began. Then it was over and I waz sad. *Standing Ovation.*

There is so much more I could say, about both stories, but given how humble you two are with your talents you will just blahh them all away, and I am sure I "over did it" already. envy Who knew we had professional prodigy authors among us. Thank you both for posting. The wait was well worth it.

Ahem... when do we getz more? If we offer you food?
Vadis
Jedi Vadis
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

NexusLuke wrote:
Reginox wrote:

^This.

^^ Double This.

There is so much RP talent within the guild it's mind boggling.

"Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." Luke 13:4-5
Naandi

Yup, so I have no idea how to respond here. I guess the most efficient way is to say, thanks! :D

I love RP! It’s so much fun, and I’m soooo glad that there are others here that can enjoy it with me. Why can’t you all be my real life friends. =p But yeaup, writing this was fun and I discovered that writing Naandi’s part was really really boring and being a super trooper was way more exciting. I think I’m gonna pull a Recklan and roll a big brawny trooper instead.

Now, as I was pondering something to reply with, I suddenly remembered that I have this lovely story saved. It was written by our very own Jao when I was complaining to him that I didn’t want to write—so he did my homework for me and wrote Naandi’s story. Here it is, in all it’s glory—and without his permission (bwhahaha):

Jao Thaun wrote:
Naandi woke to the sound of blaster fire. She quickly grabbed her lightsaber and ran down the main corridor only to find…Jao Thaun standing over the corpse of a womprat.

“Take that, you filthy animal, and let that be a lesson to you and anyone else who tries to steal my force fudge brownies!”

Naandi quietly made her way back to bed. Just another day at the Saints base.”

Jedi Master

Naandi wrote:

I love RP! It’s so much fun, and I’m soooo glad that there are others here that can enjoy it with me. Why can’t you all be my real life friends. =p

I hear that. Why can't "real life" people be this much fun and have this much in common? Then I realize, you are all real life people. We are just scattered around the globe. : (

Naandi wrote:
But yeaup, writing this was fun and I discovered that writing Naandi’s part was really really boring and being a super trooper was way more exciting. I think I’m gonna pull a Recklan and roll a big brawny trooper instead.

They are fun to write, I hope the game play is not prone to the same outcome, or Aden will be sitting in the character screen all the time while my trooper is living it up.

Womprats... they eat your force fudge brownies. Lol.
AltaVista

Haha! Ain't it the truth?

When people ask "sooo... what do you do to entertain yourself?", I always catch myself and get all blushy and weird. Fanfiction isn't exactly a highly admired hobby by most people. And I think that is because most people simply don't want to let their imaginations run wild. Well, that or their imaginations have atrophied through disuse. Pity.
Awww, <3 to my roleplaying buds. :D
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

You did swell Cresenttwilight, don't be down on yourself.
Protector_Z

Wow, did Tobia Ednada just revived Scattered? hehe envy

Protector_Z wrote:
Wow, did Tobia Ednada just revived Scattered? hehe envy

YUP envy

I'm such a nerd envy

Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

I just posted Kytrn's experiences during Scattered. Hopefully it's okay, since it's only my second RP story ever. Comments are welcome. Happy

Jedi Master

Jedi Master

Kyrath56 that was an incredible addition to scattered. You have an amazing talent for writing. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

I for one am hoping that you write more in our RP realm.
AltaVista

Just got caught up on the Scattered entries. Wow! Good job gang! :D
NewYears1978

Wow, these stories are all incredible. I am a horrible writer so you guys really amaze me.

I want to contribute my story but I guess I am really going to have to think about it since I am terrible at writing.

Never done this before either. I would really like to include my story interwoven with other member's stories so that also makes it more difficult. Maybe someone has an idea, if so shoot me a PM Happy I will be playing a healing oriented, put others before self type character as that is how I usually tend to be in real life =) Consular Shadow FYI!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: