Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Visan

re: The Annals of Visan

Comments? http://sotor.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6221130&gid=91149&gid=91149

Entry 1

Oh, where to even begin...when I was a just a baby, like so many others, I was taken from my parents, and brought away to Tython. There, I was trained to become the guardian of peace, master of the force, hero of the galaxy: a Jedi. My twin brother, Xayl, was brought to Tython as well. I'm not sure what it was, maybe it was the way I stared at my finger after covering it in my own saliva as a babe, but the Jedi Order saw promise in me. I showed "Great promise in the ways of the force," or so they told my parents. Personally, I believe the child has nothing to with it; that a Jedi is bred, not born. The whole selection process was merely finding sane parents from good backgrounds who were idealistic enough to give their kids away to a greater cause. But, I should not insult the Order more than I have, for they have been kind to me, and a gift to my life. Through my training, I have found peace, serenity, and have learned to control my emotions in the most uncontrollable situations. Respect for all beings, that is what I have obtained in my life. No matter how hard that respect may be to muster.

Now, me and my brother Xayl, though twins, were as different as plant and beast. Physically, our height, eye-color, hair color(and length now), build, voice, all were very different. One could not look at the two of us next to each other and just assume we were blood, let alone shared the same womb at some point. My brother was full of joy. He, enjoyed. Enjoyed his happiness, enjoyed praise, enjoyed victory, enjoyed power. This emotion was expected from children, and not seen threatening to his training, and was rarely addressed. But oh the danger it was. My brother loved me, and we were inseparable as younglings. But this did not always stay so, for I would find friendship in a girl named Straii. She was a year younger than I, and unlike most I encountered on Tython, she was, different. Her mother, now deceased, and father were both powerful Jedi. But she failed to receive that vital gene from her parents, that gene that the Order holds higher than all others, that gene that allows one to use and control the force. Her parents paid her little attention, ashamed and embarrassed that they had created such a mule, leaving her to raise herself. I met her in the forest, me and Xayl had been mapping out the forest around us in our spare time, and that day we were at it again. Xayl suggested that we race to the lake, so we can get into unknown territory faster, and I accepted. We race off, neck and neck, but I tripped over a root, and fell. My brother, seeing opportunity in my falter, continued running ahead. I tried to stand up, but staggered, for my knees were bleeding and in great pain. When I raised, and lifted my head, before me stood a grinning Flesh Raider. I had never seen one this close to the temple before, and was paralyzed in fear. Then suddenly, a charred hole appeared in the head of the beast, and it fell at my feet. Now exposed was a dirty, long haired blond, holding a blaster towards me. "Don't tell my mom," she said. I wanted to thank her, but before I could speak, she ran off into the woods. I looked for her around the temple, and eventually found her attempting to climb up its side, and quickly became friends. We spent more and more time together the more we got to know each other. This made my brother very jealous. One day, while we were sitting and talking, Xayl hurled a stone at Straii's head, and nearly knocked her out. I confronted him, asking what had gotten into him. "That do-do does not deserve your attention," he told me. "She's no do-do!" I retaliated, "She's my friend!" With that, my brother's complexion changed, and he picked up a wooden stick next to him. He tried to strike me, but I managed to loosen his grip with the force and knocked the makeshift weapon out of his hand. He followed that amazing display of mine by punching me in the gut, then elbowing my head after I cringed, causing me to fall onto the ground. He began to kick me repeatedly, until something triggered in his mind, which caused him to spat on me, then walk off.

In the aftermath of the fight, I found myself prey to gossip. I was now seen as weak, for I had lost a battle without even damaging my opponent. But Master Rayon, my mentor at the time, saw great promise in me for I was able to use the force at such a young age. He suggested me to the Circle of Jedi Healers, and I then began my training in the Living Force. With this move to the Halls of Healing, I was cut off from my brother. Our relationship would never be the same, in fact, I would not see my brother again, until facing him on the battle field years later. For my brother, as punishment for his brash and emotional actions, was sent out on a "journey of self discovery." And on that journey, he discovered the Sith Order. My brother

A meeting of the Saints has been called. I will continue another time.

Last edited by Visan on Aug. 8th, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

re: The Annals of Visan

Entry 2
The following is a recollection of my last confrontation with my brother as two Jedi:

My brother and I were sent out together on a mission to Ord Mantell by the Jedi Council to check on a Republic military training base and to act as liaisons to the newly formed Saints of the Republic. We were in route, cruising through space and catching some rest; when suddenly I awoke in a cold sweat. I sensed a great disturbance in the force, and I left my room to investigate. When I got to the cockpit, I saw Xayl standing there gazing out the viewport. Through the force, he felt my presence in the room, and began to speak.
“The death of a star: such a tragic opera, is it not?” He paused. “Even it cries out into this accursed dark.”
“What…what’s going on Xayl?” I asked almost hesitant.
“Tell me what you see.” He said, still looking out the viewport.
“I see a star.” I answered, confused.
“I figured as much.” He turned to me, “I see the Republic. It’s time has passed, Visan. You may be blind, but even in your darkness the beast croaks and shivers. A new galaxy is being shaped. A galaxy free from the lassitude of the Jedi.”
“Do you hear what you’re saying brother? You’ve gone mad!”
“Mad? Hah! Always naïve. The darkside of the force does not stem from madness like you’ve been brainwashed to surmise. It is freedom, Visan, freedom for your mind, your body, and the force!”
“No Xayl. It is a disease. A disease that corrupts and destroys one from within!”
“Corrupts!? It strengthens, brother. You are in chains. Your force is in chains. These pathetic pushes and throws you utilize now are infantile compared to what the darkside can produce! This:” He held up his right hand like a cup, and purple lightning began to dance among his fingers, “this is true power. This is true potential! You will never amount to anything with the Order, Visan! They are holding you back from becoming the most powerful being the galaxy has ever seen! Join me brother. Join me, and together we will force the entire galaxy onto its knees before us.”
“What did they promise you, huh? Was it slaves, credits, a high position within the Empire?”
“They promised me freedom, brother!”
“Stop calling me that!” My temper finally broke. “You are not my brother! My brother would never say these things!”
“Yes! Embrace it! Do you feel that? Can you feel that power coursing through you? Embrace that hatred, brother. Embrace its raw power!”
I force pushed him backwards in a fit of rage into an escape vehicle, and then stood across from him steaming.
“See you around, brother.” He smirked, then activated the vehicle and flew off into even deeper darkness.

Jump to: