Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Brato Duott
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

re: OOC - Tatooine Sandbox RP

Rahvin3 wrote:
Lol, looks like Beany's name has changed to Brato..... wink

Oops! This is what happens when I have 2 RP's running.
Naandi

Hey Vista,
For simplicity's sake, could you post up our cast of characters on the thread intros? It helps me remember who's playing whom.

Matta – SteelFalcon
    Orry – Arrowhead
    Puki – Naandi
    Bolt – Avisi
    Beany – Brato Duott
    Yee – Rhavin3
    Mort – The Fork of Doom
    Waka – AltaVista
    Itchy - NexusLuke

Done and done. The cast list is posted on both the IC and OOC OPs. :D Say that ten times fast...
Rahvin3

Sorry, I guess I still had Beany trapped...... wink

Brato Duott
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Rahvin3 wrote:
Sorry, I guess I still had Beany trapped...... wink

Lol, I was just waiting for you to get off! tongue out
Naandi

GM pulls the dues ex machina card…cuz she’s lazy.

As one of the game masters, I feel moved to suggest that we remain as realistic and true-to-character as possible. Jawas, to my knowledge, are a peaceful people. They are not ones go around attacking Tusken Raiders with reckless abandon (as fun as that might be!). And certainly wouldn’t win if they tried. For this reason, Vista and I have agreed to redirect the story before one of our Jawa buddies gets nommed.

One of the intentions of creating this thread was to offer a way to step out of the epic world of Jedi heroes and into something a tad more….easy to relate to. The real challenge of rp is trying to keep things entertaining, humorous, and suspenseful when people are not dying all around you. Everyone here as more than proven that such is possible!

A second reason for this is because combat rp is difficult. It’s very hard to pose an action as intention only and letting the receiver accept the intended outcome. Here’s an instance where that rule is harmlessly broken:

Rhavin3 wrote:
But Orry was not safe. The force of the blow to Yee's stomach made it bounce down so hard that it hit Orry in the face. The fat covered Orry's face before rebounding up again, throwing Yee onto his back.

As hard as I laughed, I still have to mention that—strictly speaking—this is an example of auto-connecting. When interacting with another character, in any format, you can only propose the action. This gives the other writer the option to receive or reject the proposed action. The rule protects us from things like: “Bob fires his blaster at your face, and it explodes.”

So, my proposition is this: let’s hold back on the hard-core action until we are settled in on the rules. Then, when we’re ready, your loving GMs will happily bring you someone to tenderize with your hydro-spanners. : )

Oh... I lol'd. Gaffi stick sudden death. ><
Arrowhead.

AltaVista wrote:
Oh... I lol'd. Gaffi stick sudden death. ><

Yeah, just substitute C3P0 there with Orry, that is exactly what he would have done! xD
Scream and fall backwards. xD

You know I was thinking....Yee probably doesn't have very soft footsteps. I dunno Rhavin, maybe he'd better cheese it.

Awww, sorry I broke a rule.... kinda forgot about keeping that in mind. Yee's stomach escaped from me...

And yeah Naandi, Yee had better had better a move on otherwise he will end up being food himself. Even if he doesn't move, the vibrations of his stomach growling will be more than enough to attract the Burrower to a large meal.

Rahvin3

Umm, I have a question now...

Since Orry is holding Yee's feet, can I now say "Yee stands up and starts running to crawler" (or something like that)???

Because that would then affect if Orry is still holding on or not. I will either have to say that Yee is released, or that Orry is still holding on and is there for dragged after the waddling Yee. But both of those are saying what happens to Orry.

So would I then have to only say something like:

"Yee feels Orry grab his feet. Yee stands up."

Then have to wait for Arrow to say something like:

"Orry lets go of Yee's feet."

Before I can then say:

"Yee runs to crawler"

Haha, sorry if I am just making this confusing....

Naandi

Naw, I think it's a good question, Rahvin (there, I finally spelled your name right). You are responsible for only your actions, so you may certainly get up and run, jump, waddle, or die. And Orry can't prevent you from doing those things--unless you let him. However, you can't say what is happening to him. So, you could just say you're running off--don't mention what happens to him--and in his next pose, he can say whether he decided to hang on or not.

I know it's annoying, but it's just one of the restraints you have to work around in rp which I like to think of as an interesting challenge.

Haha, ok then. Well I hope what I did do is ok. Happy

Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Someone should write lol the suspense is killing me Happy

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
Rahvin3

I know, but I can't really since I did the last one...

Please someone??

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: