Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Arrowhead.

re: OOC - Tatooine Sandbox RP

Gah! Someone post next part! D:
Mine is knocked out so... Forum Image

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

I cant until I see what Yee/Wka do o.O
Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Brato Duott wrote:
I cant until I see what Yee/Wka do o.O

lol me too... And I can't really write either, my jawa is also unconscious.... I guess I could write about Si but I'm not sure what else to put yet

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

Species/Race: JAWA
Name: Itchhoochiii Badangoohiii
Nickname: "Itchy"

Relative Age: 23 (Not sure the lifespan of a Jawa)
Height: Average
Weight: Average
Hair Color/Style: N/A
Facial Appearance: Two glowy orbby eyes.
Eye Color: Yellow.
Body Appearance: Standard.

Home Planet: Tatooine
Current Residence: Tatooine

Spoken Language: Jawaese

Armor/Clothes: Standard brown robes, with a utility bandoleer, and a bright red belt, with accompanying sash.
Primary Weapon(s) : Powered Blaster Pistol, holstered on his bandoleer.
Secondary Weapon(s) : Very compact hold-out blaster pistol, tucked away discretely on his person.
Miscellaneous Item(s) : All in one screw driver.

Personality: Laid back, focused.

1-paragraph Biography: Itchy does not suffer from the compulsion and near sighted attention span that most Jawas do. He is one of a few Jawas that does not have any mechanical inclination, and thus has been banished to menial labor and is focused on his work. Thus he goes about his day, completing his tasks without many distractions. He observes those around him with casual amusement, and does not get involved in many of "the happenings" of the crawler or its crew. This stems not only from disinterest, but slightly from social dis function. Who would talk to a Jawa who can't fix things and has no personal lust for a good salvage or the trinkets they bring?

And since nearly every Jawa is practically identical to another, please note one physical feature that can be used to identify them from another Jawa: The red belt and sash detailed above.
Rahvin3

Lol, I guess I should make the next one then......

Arrowhead.

Haha, I knew NexusLuke would eventually make one, I mean, after seeing this, it is hard to say "no" to joining.

And don't worry Brato....I didn't destroy your droid.....just took it out of action for a while.... Happy

NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

That I did. I wanted to make one earlier, but I have been so busy.

So there it is, my first IC post. I am sorry for the length, but having missed so much already I wanted to introduce him, and get in on the scene at hand before I missed my opportunity.
AltaVista

OH, dearie! I've been much distracted outside of this forum and haven't posted due to just not being caught up. So, please don't wait on me for a reaction! I'd feel terrible if I was slowing people up by my pure absence. So, please, just move forward with your RP and don't let me slow you down! Happy

Continue, continue! Yeeeessss...
Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

AltaVista wrote:
OH, dearie! I've been much distracted outside of this forum and haven't posted due to just not being caught up. So, please don't wait on me for a reaction! I'd feel terrible if I was slowing people up by my pure absence. So, please, just move forward with your RP and don't let me slow you down! Happy

I'm not sure how everyone else feels but I don't think it's as much fun without everyone...

Also I thought about something, what if you don't continue for awhile? Your Jawa is just going to stand there in the hallway while the story continues?

The rules were that we can't control another persons character and we can't make any big scenario changes right? So how would we continue the story if a particular character is no longer active? Especially if another character had just set into motion something for the first char to respond to....

Ex. Bo and Sam are on a football team... Bo charges at Sam (ball carrier) and ends his post, allowing Sam to decide whether or not to be tackled...

What happens if Sam doesn't post any more?

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
Rahvin3

SteelFalcon wrote:
AltaVista wrote:

I'm not sure how everyone else feels but I don't think it's as much fun without everyone...

Also I thought about something, what if you don't continue for awhile? Your Jawa is just going to stand there in the hallway while the story continues?

The rules were that we can't control another persons character and we can't make any big scenario changes right? So how would we continue the story if a particular character is no longer active? Especially if another character had just set into motion something for the first char to respond to....

Ex. Bo and Sam are on a football team... Bo charges at Sam (ball carrier) and ends his post, allowing Sam to decide whether or not to be tackled...

What happens if Sam doesn't post any more?

Someone else takes over the inactive character? With the owners permission if possible.... maybe?

NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

No, I doubt that you would take over the character.

I think another courteous or polite principle we may have missed out on, is to not place any character in a situation where they HAVE to respond.

I am not sure how all this works myself. I wonder how you have any truly meaningful interaction with another character, if they can simply cease to be at any point.

So I guess my question would be, how do you lead the story, or character interaction forward if you cannot lean on another character so-to-speak?
Naandi

There's definitely no adopting other people's characters. Once you've created one, it's yours forever.

I think you do have to lean on people and depend on them to come back--this is after all role play and is purposefully cooperative. And thus we have the reason that so many role play threads die. When you really do lose a participating character, it's very difficult to keep moving the story line. (I did this to Vista once when she put my poor hobbit in a most awkward position and could never think how to react. She'll never forgive me).

When you do lose a character, most of the time you just have to think of a way to work around it. Sometimes you just ignore their existence. If you're waiting for a reply from them, find a way to move on. Roleplay is full of challenges, and half the fun is working your way around them.

However! Don't worry about Vista. She's coming back. We've both been very busy, but we were just talking about when to implement a little scene-change. But everyone was doing so well, and the situation was so comical, we decided to wait.

As for these "global changes", they are mostly there as prompts when the moderator feels there's a slump in the RP. Everyone here has been so busy and exciting, you don't need a change to keep things interesting.

Lol, looks like Beany's name has changed to Brato..... wink

Naandi

Owie.

Page 7 of 9

Jump to: