Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AltaVista

re: IC OPEN - Tatooine Sandbox RP

Tatooine “Sandbox” IC

The monstrous shadow of a tiny kreetle scuttles across the sand in desperate haste. He is racing the sun that even now with one half opened eye criticizes the creature’s progress as it steals into the shadows of a deep canyon. Its knob-kneed feet are half busy with its flight, and half occupied in rolling a reluctant pebble—a treasure for its burrow. Only a tiny pockmarked trail of shadows tells the tale of how far he’s come across the dunes.

Morning breaks upon the desert where overnight a wind has swept the tide of sand against the cliff face, washing away the footprints of the previous day into the clean, reflective surface of endless sand. The silent, arid ocean rolls deep into the distance where far away the sun now issues undulating waves of heat from the sand so that the dunes themselves seem to ripple like rolling waves in the distance.

Now is the hour when shadows and creature creep fastest, before the sun saps both life and energy from the desert and turns the red rocks golden. And now, for the first brief moments of dawn, the brown robes of a rat-like race stand silhouetted against the cliff face while their amber-stoned eyes glow with the morning sunlight. Into the deepening shadows they scuttle, and peeping from the alcoves, look greedily down on the remains of a fallen spacecraft. Scratching sounds of tiny boots on rock and chirrups of timid speech are suddenly interrupted by the shriek and mad dash of one red-robed Jawa as he spills down the scree from the cliff into the dunes. Caution is not so important when the column of smoke from the derelict craft may be seen by the neighboring clan and the slovenly progress of a sandcrawler in the distance.

((---Scene graciously penned by Naandi))

((OOC begins here…

This is a “Sandbox” RP open to any Saint. Although Naandi and I will occasionally perform some setting alterations, we will not be acting as a full-fledged GMs. In essence, the story/scenario is what you, the writer, make of it. For the sake of all involved, please do not post before reading the rules in the related OOC thread.
Please keep all OOC comments in the associated OOC Thread so as not to clutter up the IC thread with immersion-breaking chatter.

Have Fun!!

OOC Thread Here
(Please read and understand the rules)

"The Cast":

Matta – SteelFalcon
Orry – Arrowhead
Puki – Naandi
Bolt – Avisi
Beany – Brato Duott
Yee – Rhavin3
Mort – The Fork of Doom
Waka – AltaVista
Itchy - NexusLuke

… and here ends the OOC comments of this thread.))

Last edited by AltaVista on Mar. 7th, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Matta and about 10 other Jawas clamored through the sand dunes. It's a race to see if they can make it before any other 'undesireables' come along. Matta slid down a dune not too far ahead of the others, after all there only strength was in numbers... Matta looked at his S6 droid and told him to scout forward in Jawese.

The small maintainace droid flew up ahead scanning for any potential hazardous company. Upon findin none the droid returned to it's masters side. The Jawas were well in view of the crashed ship and were inching steadily closer. Half of the scavenging party had been sent around to scout the ship from cover...

Si (pronounced 'see' which is Matta's nickname for the S6 droid) hummed near Matta's head. It could detect movement but couldn't tell whether or not it was living. Matta and 3 others peered inside the destroyed ship the a large hole in the hull.

Si rushed inside first to scout the inside of the ship. There were several anxious murmurs from the Jawas nearby. They were antsy to get their hands on some droids.

Suddenly Si let out a half-beep just before a metal thud....

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
Arrowhead.

Was heard from the opposite side of the ship. Apparently Orry ran a little too fast up the top of the dune, and then tripped over another Jawa which in turn sent him flying down the large sand dune and into the side of the ship. After getting back up onto two feet, he fell once again still feeling disoriented. He finally came to and stood up and walked near the cockpit of the large vessel. Most of the Jawa crowed was still near the rear sides of the ship investigating the wreckage to see if there were decent parts to salvage. Orry climbed up onto the nose of the craft, and made his way near the window. He dusted off some ash and sand from the window with his right arm and looked inside to see a...

A dark face pressed against the glass. Then a gloved hand banged on the inside of the window, loud and desperate for Orry’s attention. Momentarily it stopped, and then the hand held up one half of an eviscerated droid, the torso hanging by its wiry innards. Now, if Jawas could smile, Puki’s golden eyes would no doubt be grinning broadly beneath her black wrappings as she proudly showed off her find to the first available audience. But instead, she jumped up and down—twice—then turned and giddily ran back into the cockpit to scrounge amongst the shadows.

From the sandcrawler, Bolt watched the progress of the scavenger teams from a small window as he beat a generator with his large wrench. the large forward bay doors had been stuck for for several days now, but with an entire spacecraft of scavenge waiting outside he had not time to properly troubleshoot so he was always willing to give the machinery the proper "motivation". Finally the generator stammered to life and the door screeched open and slowly lowered itself into the cool sand. Bolt looked proudly upon his handy work as scavenger teams began sprinting up the ramp to show off and their latest treasures. But suddenly Bolt heard a loud bang and turned to see the scavenger teams by the space craft scattering and falling over eachother in panic.

Arrowhead.

{Got this one :D}

Off to starboard from the crawler, an un-human screech was heard across the dunes. It was a hunting team of Sand People looking for dinner. Not catching anything all day, Jawa was apparently on the menu. The whole team was armed with projectile-based rifles, relics to modern day firearms.
Sand shot up in what looked like hundreds of places as Jawas scrambled from the wreckage and to their crawler. Orry hopped down from the nose and quickly looked about the ship to see if there were any Jawas from his clan left. He then turned left to see Matta and Puki running towards the crawler. He quickly caught up with the two and headed towards where Bolt stood near the entrance of the massive vessel. The crawler's main door was just closing as the three hopped into it, escaping the menacing threat that was still screaming from the outside.
After securing the last hatch...

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Matta plopped on the metal floor with a sigh. Si let out a chirp to see was Matta ok.

"Ibana" he replied before pulling himself to his feet. The noise of sandpeople outside was enough to get any Jawa on the move... The sandcrawler fired up with a little 'encouragement from a few Jawas and Matta headed towards his room.

Avissi

Bolt scurried around like a crazed womp rat, securing doors and sealing any hatch a sand person might fit through. Then, with the crawler safe from boarding for the moment, Bolt sprinted back to his room. He carefully pulled a large blaster rifle from his locker and gazed up at the menacing weapon. His glowy eyes acquired a serious look and he scampered off, dragging his rifle behind him, for the higher levels of the sand crawler. The sand people were slow to learn that you never get between a jawa and his scavenge.

Naandi

“A beton nya mombay m'bwa!” Puki shouted bravely from behind the secured door of the sandcrawler. Her glaring eyes peeked just barely above the sill of the window and her loud, chittering voice was lost in the thrum of the working engines. But still she barked her orders, “don’t touch that! That’s mine! Put that down, you!” The raiders paid as much attention to the Jawas as they might to an annoying sandfly, but that didn’t prevent them from raising their gaffi sticks and calling out their guttural coups. Puki jerked her head back as if she’d been personally insulted and then sat down to pout. Of course, sitting for Puki was hardly a relaxing thing, and as she muttered to herself and knocked her knuckles on the steel flooring, she felt the desperate desire to shove someone--anyone. But everyone seemed to be running around in a panic, hardly still enough to be shoved. She joined in the general chaos and ran about the crawler with the distinctive smell of an angry Jawa that only seemed to put the rest of her companions in the same state of frenzy. But then she found one, a jawa, that for no particular reason looked just like he should be complained to. Puki ground her teeth and took a step forward with arms flailing. “That was mine!”

Orry looked up at Puki. He was in his own little corner, reading in his book a Jedi gave him. He was reading in the 18th book, which is called Job. In section 16, in lines 16 - 22.

Job 16:16-22 wrote:
My face is foul with weeping, and on my eyelids is the shadow of death;

Not for any injustice in mine hands: also my prayer is pure.

O earth, cover not thou my blood, and let my cry have no place.

Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high.

My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.

O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleadeth for his neighbour!

When a few years are come, then I shall go the way whence I shall not return

Orry then looked back at his book, and closed it and slung his rifle over his shoulder.
"We will be safe" Orry spoke, trying to ease the tension in the furious Jawa girl.
He put his book back into one of his pouches on the utility harness draped across his chest and buttoned it securely so it wouldn't fall out. He then got up and took a couple steps to the nearby window to see if the raiders were still out there.

Last edited by Arrowhead. on Feb. 1st, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Matta peeped out the slit in the wall in his room that could barely be called a window... Several of the sandpeople were hunched over some scrap metal sorting through it... Matta smiled this was his favorite part of any day!

He put the barrel of his pistol just outside the window. Pew pew! The power of the gun actually flung Matta to the ground! He shhok himself off and jumped back up to peer out the windo again....

He coulnt help but laugh! Matta got one in the rump and another in the ear... The gun wasn't strong enough to kill but the annoyance to the sandpeople was all he wanted...

Matta sighed contently and sat on the mat that served as his bed

Brato Duott
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

From his room, Beany could hear the sounds of blaster fire from his neighbor. He sighed, and went back to work, trying desperately to clean Squeaker. Squeaker had managed to get himself covered with oil and grime.... again.
"How difficult is it for you to keep clean?" he asked the small droid.
A small beep from Squeaker was the only reply he received. Another blaster shot could be heard, and Beany sighed. Rising from his well used hammock, Beany brushed off his white robes (which were beginning to show a tinge of brown, much to Beany's disdain), and went to tell Matta to knock it off with the blaster. There was enough noise on this crawler without angry Raiders outside yelling as well.
Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Matta cackled from his position on the ground, it was way too much fun! suddenly there was a rap on his door.... It was Beany, Matta's neighbor, he was obviously not happy about the sandpeople screams...

Luckily for Matta, he really didn't care. To show Beany how much fun it was, he motioned him over to the window to shoot another...

This time however, it did not go as well as planned. the sandpeople threw an flash grenade up to the window that exploded just as the two Jawas peered outside

Rahvin3

Yee yawned, and with great difficulty managed to stand up. The remnants of whatever he had been eating last fell off his considerable stomach. He tried to see what it was (he was feeling a little peckish after that nap), but couldn't see it over his belly.

"Never mind," he thought, "I'll go see if Puki has anything."

Yee slowly waddled out of his room in search of Puki, and hopefully a meal. He grumbled the whole way down the corridor, since he had to squeeze through. He had finally reached the end when an explosion shook the crawler. Yee's body wobbled like jelly. (Jello if you an American Jawa)

His fat was still wobbling when he came across Puki waving her arms wildly and yelling at a confused looking Jawa. He could smell her anger, and a faint hint cooked spices. So feeling very optimistic, he stumbled towards her and asked if he could have some food.

Brato Duott
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Beany squealed as the flash went off in front of his face. There was a ringing sensation in his ears, and a pounding headache. Terrified and concerned that he was blinded forever, Beany began to quickly scuttle around the room, looking for something, anything to help. Unfortunately, the only thing that Beany managed to find was the solid wall that connected with his face.

"Ooof!" Beany gasped, as he slowly slipped into unconsciousness.

The last thought in his mind was the futile hope that Matta had at least cleaned the floor where he fell.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: