Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Are you interested in creating an RP wiki page for your character?
Yay, fun!
59%
 59%  [ 25 ]
Not really, no.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
I would, but I'd like some help.
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
I don't get it.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

Brato Duott
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

re: The RP Wiki

Finally started mine, I'll post it here when it's more polished.
Heaven scent

re: would be my first

sounds fun

Na,

I really am not too sure what you are referring to mate, I have never heard of such a thing, it seems like a mini web-page though....hmm, is it significant to anything??

JESUS BLESS, GODS' STRENGTH!
Torshan
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

I'm a "late-bloomer" to this particular RP Wiki myself, but wanted to give it a big THUMBS UP! I used a website much like this one for a previous MMO in which I did a lot of RP gaming. For anyone that is planning on or would like to do any kind of RP story-telling, in or outside of game, I recommend using this fabulous resource.

The amazing template and tips that Naandi has provided in this post (Thanks Naandi Happy), has made setting up a page much easier. I'm in no way inclined when it comes to these things, but was able to work my way along wink. Although it seemed daunting at first, the first pains of editing my page were all worth the effort.

It's the kind of tool where you can put as much, or as little, about your character that you want. You can update and change things at anytime too, so nothing is set in stone. For instance, I made my first character page and have slowly added to it over the last few days. Currently, all I have is a biography and some basic statistics for my upcoming character, but look forward to adding more after the game launches as my character develops even more! Regardless, it's all in electronic form so that I can log on, review, and add/subtract as needed...it's pretty sweet!

Also a great source for others in the guild to get to know a little about your character. So, when RPing with each other in game, you can review other folk's stories and get an idea of what kind of storylines might suit the group as a whole. It takes the RP section of this forum a step further, allowing you to also post links to stories that you character might be involved in or even links to terms at Star Wars Wiki.

Anyways, just wanted to give this post some "props" and make new members aware of it's existence, as well as thank Naandi and others who have provided the great tips to get my page up and running .

The RP wiki is just a place for RPers to get together and share their backgrounds. It's game wide, so it's a neat way to meet other RPers on your server and read some of their stories. You can also search for common backgrounds. I've used an RP wiki on both Lotro and Wow; both times they were super helpful for finding RP buddies.

Sad News:

Today I did some updating for our RP Wiki page and apparently it got spotted by trolls. You may notice that the page has been deleted with this friendly note:

20:40, September 7, 2011 Masterkai (Talk | contribs) deleted "Saints of the Old Republic" ‎ (Vandalism)

I have no idea what vandalism he's referring to since when he deleted the page it also deleted all the update logs. But I suspect, since there was no other notification or warning, that it was simply because he didn't like us on his the wiki.

I have dealt with MasterKai on the official forums before (where he has quite the reputation for being a mary-sue troll and a thoroughly profane man). He has made it quite clear that he is fond of neither Christians nor our guild. Either way, I will hopefully be exchanging some emails with him to get our page back. I would love some prayer in this matter! It will be the second chance I'll have to dialogue with him about our Christian stance. There must be a reason for it.

Good news, however. Your pages should still be in tact! So your work is not lost. However, do make a backup on your own computers just in case.

Young Jedi Master

This is sad news. I am definitely in prayer about this situation: for protection and direction for you Naandi, for restoration to the guild's information page, and above all else, that Christ's name be glorified and salvation come to those who don't yet know Him!

Jedi Master

Jedi Master

This is most unfortunate news... I pray for you, and what to say, and that it all goes well.

Can't say that my inner Yoda doesn't feel a little...
Naandi

Good news:

This was the note I received after our page was deleted:

Masterkai wrote:
You should consider whether it is appropriate to continue editing this page. The deletion log for this page is provided here for convenience:

• 20:40, September 7, 2011 Masterkai (Talk | contribs) deleted Saints of the Old Republic ‎ (Vandalism)

I emailed Masterkai the day this happened but, alas, never got a response. However, Sia (the lady that runs the sight as I understand), somehow got the news and reinstated our guild site saying this:

Sia Sinblade wrote:
I have restored your Guild Page. Since I could not find obvious signs of vandalism, I will assume it was an accidental delete.

Cheers

Thankfully we have our guild page back. Moreover, I believe she is right to assume that it was an accidental delete, and it was wrong of me to jump to conclusions.

Thanks for your prayers in this matter! God is continuing to watch over us (even in the tiny things).

Glad to hear it go worked out ^_^ Our Saints drop some awesome RP and it was a shame it was 'accidentally' deleted.

I might be interested.

i really only posting this so I can dominate the recent post section envy

NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

Good news indeed. Yay!
Torshan
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Great news Naandi!

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5b

Sad News:
The TOR RP Wiki is getting a database wipe (due to some nafarious bot spamming). That means all our pages will be lost (on October 1st, see details) and I don't think they have any plans to reopen the page.

Good News:
You can save your pages and information very easily. Just click on the "View Source" tab at the top of your profile, copy all the text, and paste it into a doc file or something. In the future, you can just paste this all back into a wiki and voila--unchanged.

Reminiscences:
Here's your last chance to see all the hard work our TOR RPers put into their characters. Slip on down to the memeber pages to meet a jedi, or peruse farther down the page to catch up on an adventure: SOTOR RP Wiki

Looking to the Future:
Most RP friendly MMOs have an RP Wiki. Lotro has one and I am busily getting my character ready for a profile update. Wow has one (both of which are more highly guarded than TOR's), and I am confident that the others will at least have something similar. If you enjoyed this project, I am sure the code is the same, and invite you to start working on your new characters.

Jedi Master

So sad to see all that hard work you and other put into this lost.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: