Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philmanov

re: Of Glories Long Past

The night was brisk. A cool breeze crawled its way through the woods. The skyline was clear of clouds and glistened with a spectacle of distant stars. Another faint light glowed in the heart of the trees. A fire flickered brightly, and warmth radiated from the burning embers.

Seraph Dinassi looked through the flames and could see faces. He looked to his left and right and saw more people, people that he loved. His children and grandchildren had gathered to spend the week together. He could remember a time when he lived every day in fear that he would never reach adulthood. He was forever grateful that he lived long enough to be able to see two generations of his family. The warmth he felt now had nothing to do with the fire. He smiled and breathed a deep, relaxing sigh.

“Grandpa?” one of his granddaughters asked.

“Yes, what is it child?” Seraph replied.

The girl came up to him and stretched out her arms toward him. He grabbed hold of her and hoisted her up to his lap. Her arms were gently wrapped around him.

“Grandpa,” she started again. “Can you tell us the story of the Jedi again?”

From around the fire ears perked up and faces turned, eagerly expecting the answer.

“I suppose I could.” Seraph answered. “Does everyone want to hear it?”

A chorus of “Yes!” and “Yea!” sounded from around the fire.

“Well alright then.” Seraph said.

“Many, many years ago I was a small boy. I had just turned seven and everything seemed perfect. My friends and I ran all over town playing happily and celebrating. My parents gave me some credits for my birthday and I couldn’t wait to go into town and spend them on a toy and some candy.”

Some of the children’s eyes lit up at the thought of candy and sweets.

“I was so tired from playing so hard that I and my best friend, Allendo, stopped to rest on a bench by the market. We sat together laughing and eating candy. Then something happened that we didn’t expect. The sky darkened and thunder roared through the streets. We thought a storm was headed our way. People in the streets began to run and scatter and we started to get a little scared. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!” he cried.

The children shrieked in terror when their grandpa had yelled so loud.

“Fire rained from the sky. I was so scared and I didn’t know what to do. I had never seen anything like it. It was terrifying. People began to panic and we thought we should try and head back home as fast as we could. We took off running down the streets. We had played so hard, that we were having trouble catching our breath. We stopped a few times to rest, but were too frightened to stop completely. Explosions rattled building behind us and fire spread across the town.”

The children were intently listening to every word. Worry was evident in their eyes as they listened.

“We tried to take a shortcut home through an alley and were cut off by dark men in black armor and dark robes. They turned to look at us but we turned around and ran away. They chased after us. In the distance we saw more dark men walking in the streets. They were shooting at people as they ran. Women were screaming and we could hear terrible cries in the distance. When we made it back to the street I tripped while I was running and scraped my leg really bad.”

He took a minute to lift his pant leg a bit and revealed a large scar stretching from his calf up past his knee. The children gasped at the sight of it.

“Allendo didn’t notice me fall and kept running. He ran across the road and I saw a dark man chasing him. The man grabbed him and carried him away. I cried out after him, but he couldn’t hear me. I limped to and hid behind some canisters by one of the buildings. I felt my heart beating out of my chest. I was afraid the bad men would hear it and find me. I heard one walking closer to where I was. I peeked over the crate to see one of the men looking down at me. He stretched his arm out to grab me, then all of a sudden he flew back and a green light pierced through his chest. A hooded man in a dark brown cloak pushed the man over. “

The children were quiet and couldn’t wait to hear what happened next.

“The dark men surrounded the man in the brown robe.

‘Step aside Jedi.’ I heard a man in a black robe say. The Jedi never moved. He looked at the men surround him. ‘Who do you think you are to defy me?’ The dark man asked him.

‘I am Faris Aldera, Jedi Knight. You will go no further!’ the Jedi yelled back.

‘You are a fool!’ the dark man replied. ‘You can’t stop us. You are only one man. What can you hope to accomplish by your death?’

‘Whether I live or die Sith, I will defend these people.’ Faris said.

‘What did these people ever give you in return?’ The Sith asked. ‘You would risk your life for filth such as these? Do you hope to win their love and affection? Do you seek a reward for saving their miserable lives?’

‘I can think of no better way to serve them.’ Faris replied.

‘Even if it means that you lay down your life for them?’ the dark man sneered.

‘I do not fear death.’ Faris stated.

The Sith laughed heavily. ‘You do not know our true power Jedi. You would do well to fear us. We will crush your order. All those who will not submit to us will live and die as slaves.’

‘I am one man!’ Faris yelled loudly. ‘I have stopped the advance of you and your dozen men. Imagine, Sith, what will happen when a hundred stand against you. What about a thousand? A hundred thousand? I would gladly die that those others may live.’

‘When that day of opposition comes Jedi, they will be counted among the dead!’ The Sith cried.

I ducked my head down to avoid being seen. When I was brave enough to look out again I saw Faris and the dark man fighting. Faris’ green blades of energy dancing through the air and were cutting through the dark man’s soldiers. They tried to shoot him, but their bolts couldn’t touch him. He radiated with an energy I’ve never seen before. Something was protecting him from harm. Soon all that was left was the Sith and Faris. The Sith activated a bright red blade like the ones Faris had. The two men fought. They moved so fast that it was hard to see what happened. Their blades went back and forth in a flurry of light.

I ducked my head down again. I was afraid of what was going to happen to me if Faris lost. I didn’t want to see him die either. Things got quiet and I looked back up and saw a dark figure walking toward me. I closed my eyes and began to cry.”

He paused the story and set his granddaughter down and walked to the next closest grandchild and hoisted him into his arms.

“Next thing I knew I was lifted into the air by two powerful arms. I opened my eyes and wasn’t afraid anymore. I felt comforted. I looked and saw his eyes, they were filled with compassion.

‘You don’t need to be afraid anymore.’ Faris said. ‘I won’t let them hurt you.’

‘Why did you do that for me?’ I asked him through my tears. ‘How did you beat them?’

‘Your life is worth fighting or dying for.’ He said. ‘When you have faith, little one, you can move mountains.’ He stretched out his hand and suddenly my toy that I had dropped when I fell came floating magically through the air and into my arms. ‘Never lose hope.’ He concluded.”

The children had smiles stretching across their faces. The parents saw the tears in their father’s eyes and their eyes too began to well with moisture.

“I will never forget Faris.” Seraph said. “He took me all the way home and never left me until I was safe in my parent’s arms. He went on and saved many more people that day. If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have lived to see all of you, my beautiful family. I vowed from that day on that I would tell his story to anyone who would listen and to spread the hope he had given me.”

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: