Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jao Thaun
Overseer
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

re: 2 Yr Anniversary Short Story Contest Entries

SHORT STORY #1

Staring Into Fear Itself

“Finally, once again some silence.” Myss said to himself, walking up to the palace balcony overlooking the out-skirting grassy plains of Theed. He was sent to Naboo to obtain a handful of holocrons. These holocrons are said to keep a small fraction of the knowledge of ancient Sith techniques.

Myss would spend the days on Naboo in the library; pumping the knowledge stored within these small orbs into his head. Now resting, He found himself thinking back to his training days, when he and his Master would be exercising at about this time: picking up anything they could with the force: large rocks, logs, droids, even parked speeders. He quickly pushed those thoughts aside and redirected them to the objective at hand. He fell gently to his back to rest.

The next morning, he opened his eye to see the morning sun’s rays poking through the trees encircling the palace around him. This is how he awoke every morning, but for some reason, something seemed different in some unexplainable way. He could feel some sort of pulsating disturbance around him. He felt a sudden “blast” of excitement and energy, and then it drained to nothing.

Myss felt a hand being placed directly onto his left shoulder. He quickly leaped forward to the other side of the balcony railing and balanced. The figure, still with his hand extended, looked directly at Myss with an evil grin forming. The man began to laugh, and then suddenly he vanished. Myss began to tremble in fear as he recognized the face of the man as Aldonar Fesk, his previous Master.

“Now I am seeing things? I’m going mad!”

“No, that was not my Master. It is impossible!” Myss said, stepping off of the railing and sitting down.

“What sort of trickery is this?!” Myss yelled in terror.

Now hearing footsteps from behind the doorway that leads to the balcony, Myss turned. The door flung open to reveal two palace security guards racing through with blasters drawn.

“Master Jedi, what is the matter?”

“I…” Myss felt the concern of the soldier, which slightly comforted him.

“I… Need… Help…” Myss said, grasping his head.

“Oh no, alright come on let’s get this one to the medical bay!” One of the guards said.

Right before they took Myss’ arms to steady him, a red lightsaber came from under the balcony, nearly hitting both soldiers in one swoop. A large man jumped from below. Decked in black and red robes, and wearing a mask completely covering his head and face with protruding feather-like fibers shooting out from the sides. The Inquisitor pushed both guards off of the balcony with the force and then laughed. He then turned to Myss.

Myss heard a thud as another Sith jumped from the roof above onto the balcony, standing next to the Inquisitor.

“I am Fear, and this is Doubt.” The inquisitor said.

“We together have corrupted the entire Republic and brought down armies!” Fear finished.

“You have thoughts of betrayal young one… You are PATHETIC! Your God does not love you! You could never join them again, they won’t let you in.” Doubt started.

Myss groaned within him. He felt and heard some sort of gurgling inside of him. Like a monster, trying to take control.

“You know the powers of ancient Sith. You can become a very powerful ruler… Or would you rather stick around with your Saint’s and continue being their errand boy? You have been denied the title of Master, they do not believe in you. They do not understand the power within you.

A burning feeling built up within Myss’ stomach, he could feel it moving up his chest, and into his throat. It seemed to begin to choke him. Myss tried to scream for help, but nothing came out.

“Where is your God now, little Saint? Did he dump you and leave you to die as He did your Master? Why would you put your complete trust into someone you can not see?”

Myss fell to the floor, now gasping for air. His throat tightened, the burning began to rise even higher. He closed his eyes. In his mind, he pictured a group of words:
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
(Galatians 5:1)

Then, he saw it. In the midst of all this, he reached for his bag, carrying his Master’s lightsaber. With the force, he pulled it to his hand and activated it. The light of the blue sword stopped the blaspheming mouths of Fear and Doubt. The burning inside of him seemed to have drained from his body. He held the bright sword in front of him; leveling it with the ground as to deliver a soul-crushing attack.

Myss shouted to the two:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

With that, both Fear and Doubt vanished. An indefinable peace fell upon Myss. Just then he heard some noise below the balcony. The two guards had managed to grab hold of part of the balcony before they fell; so they slowly climbed back up. Myss deactivated the lightsaber and put it back within his cloak and then helped the two back up.

“What you Jedi go through with these Sith is indescribable.” One of the guards spoke, wiping the sweat off of his face.

“Are you both well?” Myss asked, seeing one guard grabbing his stomach.

“We will be fine, just got the wind knocked out of me, that’s all.”

With that, the three walked to the medical bay.

This was not the last time Myss came across Fear and Doubt. But he has now learned that they are weak in the presence of his Saviors Words.

Submitted by Arrowhead

Year 8 atc

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

SHORT STORY #2

Easy As Pie

I remember it like it was yesterday.

No, not because it actually was yesterday. The story I’m about to tell you happened about a year ago, before the Saint’s base on Ord Mantell was destroyed.

You see, I had been smuggling supplies in to the Saints base for some time. I hadn’t joined them yet, but they trusted me to keep quiet.

I had just finished delivering my cargo of blaster scopes and beam splitters to the Quartermaster when I was summoned by the Overseer himself.

Uh oh… I thought. What could I have done to make the Overseer want to talk to me personally? I’ve heard how he gets when someone steals his prized Force Fudge brownies. I admit, my mouth waters a bit when I see them, but I never touched them! Well, except for when I tasted a bit of the frosting that one time. Oh, it was so chocolatey, with just a hint of the Force… (For those of you who haven’t tasted the Force, it has a slightly minty flavor.)

Anyway, as I walk to the Overseer’s office, I wonder if he’s somehow sensed that it was me who stuck my finger in his food. I also wonder what the punishment is for something like this. Would they call it a Force Fudge felony?

“Have a seat.” Overseer Thaun says as I enter. I sit down in the surprisingly comfortable chair across from his desk.

“It seems we have a bit of an emergency, and all of our own smugglers aren’t due back for a few days. I need your help.”

He needs my help? That’s all? Phew. “I’d be glad to help… if the price is right.” I said.

The Overseer stroked his bread thoughtfully. “You’ll receive your normal payment, and since it’s an emergency, a little something extra; forgiveness.”

I blinked. “Forgiveness? What for?”

“You know what for. It doesn’t take a Jedi to see a fingerprint in fudge frosting.”

I cleared my throat, embarrassed. “Um… no, of course it doesn’t. If you’re willing to forget about the incident, I’m more than willing to help. What seems to be the emergency?”

“The base is out of Corellian crème pie.”

I blinked twice. He was serious! An elite military base, and the emergency is that there’s no pie?! Well, I suppose if I was fighting the Sith,, I’d want a piece of pie for my efforts, too.

I nodded. “I’ll set a course for Corellia right away.”

‘Right away’ didn’t happen nearly as fast as I would have liked. On my way to my ship, I was stopped by Julmay Hiddai, the Saint’s ambassador, who had heard that I was headed to Corellia. “Do you think you could get me some grilled Corellian chicken while you’re there?” He asked. “I give it to new initiates, but I’m running out.”

Of course, I had to ask him why exactly he gave initiates grilled chicken, which sparked a long discussion that somehow - don’t ask me how, because I really don’t know - ended with us sharing stories of different ways we had destroyed mouse droids.

When I finally left, Julmay was next to me in the co-pilot’s seat. Apparently, he decided that he needed to come with me to make sure I got the best Corellian chicken. I didn’t mind the company, since Julmay seemed alright, for a Jedi. I figured the extra pair of hands would be nice, too. I’ve had a lot of practice flying a light freighter by myself, but it’s easier with someone to help you.

We made it to Corellia, and loaded our cargo of delicious Corellian food without any problems. We had almost made it to Ord Mantell when everything fell apart. First, the hyperdrive stopped working. Yeah, it’s a major problem with used freighters like mine. We just floated around the planet of Borleias while I tried to fix the hyperdrive. I must’ve done something wrong, because the next thing I know, Julmay and I are putting on rebreather masks and holding on to the ship for dear life as the cargo ramp opens. So now you’re probably asking: “What happened to the cargo?” Let’s just say that not all the meteor showers of the planet were actually rocks...

And that’s why Jao never lets me smuggle in Corellian crème pie anymore.

Submitted by Erolene (Contest Winner)

8 atc

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

SHORT STORY #3

Of Glories Long Past

Seraph Dinassi looked up and saw an endless glittering sky. He looked through the flames that warmed him, and could see faces of people he loved. His family had gathered to spend the week together. He had lived every day in fear that he would never reach adulthood. He was grateful that he lived long enough to see two generations of his family. The warmth he felt now had nothing to do with the fire. He smiled.

“Grandpa?” his granddaughter asked.

“Yes?” Seraph replied.

Her arms stretched out. He lifted her to his lap. Her arms gently wrapped around him.

“Grandpa,” she said. “Tell us the story of the Jedi.”

From around the fire ears perked up.

“I suppose I could.” Seraph answered.

“Long ago, I turned seven and everything seemed perfect. My friends and I ran all over town playing and celebrating. I received some credits for my birthday and couldn’t wait to go into town and buy a toy and candy.”

The children’s eyes lit up at the thought of sweets.

“Since we were tired from playing, I and my best friend, Allendo, stopped to rest on a bench. We laughed and ate candy. Something unexpected happened. The sky darkened and thunder roared through the streets. We thought a storm was coming. People began to run and scatter and we started to get a little scared. BOOM!”

The children shrieked when their grandpa yelled.

“Fire rained from the sky. I was scared and didn’t know what to do. I’d never seen anything like it. It was terrifying. People panicked and we thought we should return home as fast as we could. We ran down the streets and had trouble catching our breath. We stopped to rest, but were too frightened to stop completely. Explosions rattled buildings behind us and fire spread across the town.”

Everyone intently listened with worried eyes.

“We ran down an alley, but were cut off by men in black armor and dark robes. They saw us. We turned and ran away. They chased us. In the distance we saw more dark men walking the streets. They shot into the fleeing crowds. We heard terrible screaming and crying. When we got to the street, I tripped and scraped my leg.”

The children gasped as he pointed to the large scar on his leg.

“Allendo didn’t notice and kept running. A dark man chased him, grabbed him, and carried him away. I cried after him, but he couldn’t hear me. I limped behind some canisters and hid. My heart beat loudly. I was afraid the men would hear it. One walked closer. I peeked over the crate. The man looked down at me and tried to grab me, then all of a sudden flew back. A green light pierced his chest. A hooded man in a dark brown cloak stood behind him. The dark men surrounded the brown man.

‘Step aside Jedi.’ The black robed man said.

The brown man never moved. He watched the men surround him.

‘Who are you to defy me?’ The dark man asked.

‘I am Faris Aldera, Jedi Knight. You will go no further!’ the man yelled.

‘You can’t stop us. You are only one man. What will you accomplish by your death?’

‘Whether I live or die Sith, I will defend these people.’ Faris said.

‘What will they give you in return, that you would risk your life for such filth?’ The Sith asked. ‘Do you hope to win their affection or expect a reward for saving them?’

‘I can think of no better way to serve them.’ Faris replied.

‘Even if it means your death?’ the Sith sneered.

‘I don’t fear death.’ Faris stated.

The Sith laughed. ‘You don’t know our true power Jedi. We will crush your order. Those who won’t submit to us will live and die as slaves.’

‘I’m one man!’ Faris yelled loudly. ‘I stopped you and your dozen men. Imagine what will happen when a hundred stand against you, or a thousand. I would gladly die that others may live!’

‘Those who oppose us will be counted among the dead!’ The Sith cried.

I ducked to avoid detection. When I was brave enough to look out again, I saw Faris fighting them. His green blades danced through the air and cut through the Sith’s soldiers. They tried to shoot him, but their bolts couldn’t hit him. He radiated with an energy I’ve never seen before. Something protected him from harm. Soon only the Sith and Faris remained. The Sith activated a red blade. The two men fought so fast that it was hard to see what happened. Their blades went back and forth in a flurry of light.

I ducked again, afraid of what would happen. I didn’t want to see Faris die. I looked back up and saw a dark figure walking toward me. I closed my eyes and cried.”

He set his granddaughter down and walked to his grandson, hoisting him into his arms.

“He lifted me into the air with two powerful arms. I opened my eyes and wasn’t afraid. I felt comforted. I looked and saw his eyes were filled with compassion.

‘Don’t be afraid.’ Faris said. ‘I won’t let them hurt you.’

‘Why’d you save me?’ I asked through my tears.

‘You are worth fighting or dying for.’ He said. ‘Have faith and you can move mountains.’ He stretched his hand and suddenly my toy I dropped came floating magically through the air to my arms. ‘Never lose hope.’ He concluded.”

The children smiled widely. The parents cried as they saw tears in their father’s eyes.

“I’ll never forget Faris.” Seraph said. “He carried me home and left when I was safe in my parent’s arms. He went on to save many people that day. Because he saved me, I lived to see all of you, my beautiful family. I vowed to tell his story to anyone who would listen and to spread the hope he had given me.”

Submitted by Philmanov

about 69 atc

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

"SHORT STORY #4"

A Tale Told by an Idiot

Sweat dripped from the trooper’s eyebrow down the side of his cheek. He wasn’t used to this kind of recon. This was all stealth and no battle. His mission was that of the utmost importance. In the room ahead of him there laid a treasure protected in a safe of which few had ever seen an equal. His eyes strained in the darkness as he opened the door. Suddenly he remembered his helmet. This mission was really taking everything out of him. He was forgetting his basics. He turned on the night vision in his helmet to reveal another intruder in the room. This green nautolan was sneaking in after the same treasure! He couldn’t allow this to happen! The nautolan was trying to open the safe and was unaware of the trooper’s presence now entering the room. His lips parted as a smile covered the face inside the helmet. He crept forward and closed the door behind himself without a noise.

The nautolan scratched an itch just below one of his left tentacles. He could feel it; he almost had the safe open. Suddenly there was a slight click and the nautolan relaxed his senses off of the safe. With the safe now open he could concentrate on his surroundings once more. He could tell that all of this had really taken a lot out of him, but all in all, it was well worth it. The nautolan reached one green hand forward pressing the button that would cause the safe door to slide open. Before his finger could touch the button however, he felt a sharp pain in his side as a metal shoulder plate collided with his ribs. Upon slamming into the floor, the nautolan could feel the arms of a trooper squeeze him trying to rid his lungs of air. He managed to get one hand up enough to force yank the helmet from the trooper’s head. Even in the darkness it was easy to see who this adversary was. The nautolan’s mouth opened with a single word, “Sandwhichman.”

Sandwhichman couldn’t help but chuckle at his council mate, “Julmay.” Sandwhichman tossed Julmay and made a dive for the safe. Sandwhichman felt a sudden clasp around his ankle that prevented him from reaching the prize that was just out of his grasp. He fell to the ground with a “THWAK!” He clawed at the tile on which he’d landed trying desperately to reach that which he desired so dearly. There was a beep as apparently Julmay had force pushed the button and thus opening the safe. A slight hiss indicated the opening door and made Sandwhichman try even harder to get away from the hand that held him. Sandwhichman could see that his helmet was nearby on the ground next to him. He grabbed it and threw it at the unsuspecting Julmay in the darkness. The grunt of from Julmay was satisfaction enough for Sandwhichman. He hopped up and ran to the safe and plunged his hands into the hole in the wall only to find that it was already empty. His head snapped around as a light buzzed on and a very angry Jao Thaun stood in the door way of his office.

Jao’s face flushed with heat. He could feel the blood rushing to his head. They were at it AGAIN! This was the last straw! They had come to steal his Force Fudge Brownies for the last time. After taking a deep breath, Jao muttered, “Sit.” Jao watched as Julmay gathered himself from the floor and walked to the nearest chair in front of Jao’s desk. Sandwhichman had to pick one up off the ground before being able to sit with his head hung looking at the ground. Jao paced over to his safe and peered inside to find an empty plate where his most recent batch of brownies had laid just 20 minutes earlier. “So… Which one of you has them this time?” Both faces immediately looked to the other in bewilderment. This did not help Jao’s mood. “So, you mean to tell me that neither of you have them?” Jao leaned forward placing his hands on his desk.

Later that day………. Julmay and Sandwhichman were made to clean the Bantha stalls as a temporary punishment for “stealing” Jao’s Force Fudge Brownies. They both knew that it wouldn’t be long before Jao would dismiss them from this terrible chore after cooling off; however, until that time shoveling Bantha poo doo scooper was their current rank as far as Jao was concerned. Julmay had it easier than Sandwhichman; every time he saw that Sandwhichman not looking his direction, he would look to the force for a little help with his cleaning duties. Julmay could hear footsteps coming and thought that it would be Master Thaun coming to relieve them of their punishment. Julmay and Sandwhichman smiled at each other and began working extra hard, but to their dismay it was only Falco Ferro, Julmay’s former apprentice. He was grinning ear to ear at the site of his old Master working in the Bantha stalls. He laughed, “Ah, you got caught snuckin’ around for Jao’s brownies again huh?” He chuckled and continued walking past the two Councilors. Just as he passed though Julmay was sure he saw brown fudge on the creases of the young Jedi’s mouth.

Submitted by SteelFalcon

9 atc sometime just before Scattered

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Wow good stories! Great writing talent here in the guild that's for sure!

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
Philmanov

Definitely some good stories here... Well done everyone! I wouldn't have wanted to pick a winner either...

Naandi

I would love to add these to our RP Timeline. You guys think you could post your story's title, date, and tagline?

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Naandi wrote:
I would love to add these to our RP Timeline. You guys think you could post your story's title, date, and tagline?

Lol you beat me to it Happy I'm still working on getting the information together and I was just gonna edit the main post. If everyone posts their stuff here though that'll work too Happy

ICONICFURY

oh wow,.. Some of these are good enough to be apart of a book!!!

Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

ICONICFURY wrote:
oh wow,.. Some of these are good enough to be apart of a book!!!

Lol I don't know if mine are good enough or not but I'm compiling all of my stories with Falco Ferro together, hopefully it'll be enough for a nice little book. :D

Arrowhead.

Steel, story #1 would probably be put there in ATC 8 somewhere...
Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

above posts updated

and Arrowhead, do you have a title for it?

Arrowhead.

Staring Into Fear Itself
Visan

Erolene wrote:
The Overseer stroked his bread thoughtfully. “You’ll receive your normal payment, and since it’s an emergency, a little something extra; forgiveness.”

Oh man, I have an absolutely fantastic image in my head of Jao slowly petting a piece of bread on his lap akin to that of a villain with a cat.

Visan wrote:
Erolene wrote:

Oh man, I have an absolutely fantastic image in my head of Jao slowly petting a piece of bread on his lap akin to that of a villain with a cat.

no comment I saw it too but I decided not to say anything... :P
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: