Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AltaVista

re: OOC: Dust Off (an excerpt from the SWTOR forumes)

So! Thought I'd drop in and share another tidbit of writing I've been doing lately. This is my final post in another thread that ended up getting wiped due to the fact that the GM up and quit on us, and then when I tried to take over as a fill-in GM... I failed. :P Haha! But, rather than just let it peter out, I wanted to give my character at least some closure, and typed up this novella to move her onto the next stage in her life. As I am prone to do, I try to focus on one particular aspect of writing whenever I do major posts like these. THis time around I wanted to play around with a heavy emphasis on dialogue. Yah know... straight up, near script-like banter. Not super excited by the result, but it was fun to do nonetheless. ^.^

So! A lil' explanation, 'cause the backstory is a little convoluted:

My character Jaxs was recruited by an old friend to be her first mate on the ship tranquility (yes, the thread was a salute to the Firefly series--so fun!). BUT, Captain Vera has a rather nasty secret. She is the notorious Bounty Hunter called "The Juggernaut" and has recruited the crew to help her reacquire her powersuit that she lost. The extra catch? Vera's involved with a Sith SuperSpy called "Mr. Galaxy" and he's paying for them to retrieve the suit (with incriminating evidence against /him/) before the Republic gets their hands on it. While Jaxs is not excited about playing for the Empire, it is a paycheck and she's determined to not pick sides. The extraextra catch? A Republic Intelligence Agent tracking the Juggernaut has weaseled himself onto the crew and sets up an ambush on Tattooine where they were hoping to intercept the suit during a handoff between the Reps and the pirates who'd gotten their grimy hands on it.

Once on the planet, Jaxs leads two of the crew to a cantina, pretending to be the Republic agents trying to make contact and the exchange with Rodian thug. But, their cover is blown by a rather smiley for-realsies Republic Agent, causing a big firefight, lots of actual fire, and eventually... Jaxs and her boys get caught by the bad guys... I mean.... the good guys. 'Cause she's a bad guy. Sorta. Mostly. ... For now.

After being knocked unconscious, Jaxs wakes up to find herself and her two crewmates cuffed to chairs in an unfamiliar room. Yup... someone messed up. Big time.

Now, the Republic Intelligence Agency wants someone to start squealing about Juggernaut and particularly about Mr Galaxy. And Jaxs is just selfish enough to take the bait.

And that's what you missed!
Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Good stuff! At first I was curious to whether or not I'd read it all at once, but knowing me and good RPs I was glued to the screen all the way to the end :D

very interesting, I constantly laugh at her attitude and comments, in some instances she reminds me of me lol keep it up :D

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
Erolene

I liked it a lot, you did a great job. I especially love Jaxs' attitude. Hope to see more soon! Happy

Vadis
Jedi Vadis
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Your RPs are always a good read, Vista!

"Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." Luke 13:4-5
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

Very entertaining and well written as always. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Naandi

The end was the best. I think the dialogue was a little smoother there. I can't tell if I like this agent or not--but there's something kinda cool about him.

Anyways, good job, sista sib.

Jump to: