Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeon_Fluxxed

re: This is a Very Rough Start to what I have in mind for a Char

This is a Very Rough Start to what I have in mind for a Character, please feel free to comment and make suggestions. I have never done any RP type stuff before. I am also curious as too how much liberty I can take with making the back story. (Can I make up fictional towns on preexisting planets etc....)

Name: Aeon Starstrike (is this too typical?)

Home World: Tython (might change this)

Race: Twi'lek (would be Togruta if it was an option in game )

Profession: Consular

Forum Image

Will Add more very soon!

Last edited by Aeon_Fluxxed on Oct. 11th, 2011 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
neonpsyke

You seem to have an idea already somewhere in there, I'm guessing. The trick isn't about what's typical, it's about making it believable. Tell the story you want to tell and be convincing ^_^. Wookiepedia is a good place to start for geography stuff. Good luck!

neonpsyke wrote:
The trick isn't about what's typical, it's about making it believable.

I love this quote. So true. I don't generally like to invent planets/races etc, because it kinda ticks off your hardcore RPers. And sticking to canon is a great way to get some Star Wars lore research done which is a lot of fun too (well...at least it is for me). That research is also really helpful for inspiration and will actually help you write your backstory.

It is a lot easier to write the story that you enjoy rather than the story that others want to hear. Pick some details of your character that you want to spotlight and mix in some details from specific planets and if possible pick an aspect that you can find in satire to help extend that background. that is the method that i used. My nautolan Jedi has an issue with ord mantell's separitist.
Dantzor
Skinnydoc
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

I have not done a lot of RP before, but I do enjoy a good story and the historical aspect. I think one of the most important things in creating a RP story is to get the background as we move forward. With the game not being released yet, our characters future has not been decided. So the most important things to me are:

1. Where has my character been in life?
2. What struggles has he overcome or is overcoming?
3. What sort of unknown drama is going on? (The unknown leaves options to adapting the story as we get ingame.)
4. How has his past prepared him for the path he will take?
5. I like to tie myself into the major players of the story in the periphery.

As I have been reading some of the background information on the extended SWTOR universe and history, I am having to make changes. I.e. I need to go back and remove Aryn Leneer from most of the story, as she had left the Jedi Order after the Sacking of Coruscant. I also need to tie myself into joining the Saints.

Good luck on the story of your character!

re: : )

thanks for the info guys
neonpsyke

After this little chat you've created a bit of expectation my friend ^_^ I look forward to what you come up with now hehe

neonpsyke wrote:
After this little chat you've created a bit of expectation my friend ^_^ I look forward to what you come up with now hehe

agreed!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: