Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AltaVista

re: Fantastic Reads for the Burgeoning Roleplayer

Hey gang! As one of the many resident roleplay-enthusiasts, I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the different aspects of roleplaying in a galaxy far, far away. Which! Is much different than roleplaying in the fantasy world of WOW, or even the extremely detailed world of Tolkien. Curious enough, while there is an entire universe of lore and some head-bangingly difficult to understand philosophies (how exactly does one reconcile the fact that Light side and Dark side does not perfectly parallel Good vs Bad in BioWare's universe? [as opposed to Lucas' universe, where it is 10x more cut and dry]) there is still much that can be added to an ever expanding universe.

In any case, I've been stumbling across some really fantastic reads on this site: http://www.swtor-rp.com (but reader beware, not all articles are of the same level of helpfulness and many members do not share our biblical mindset, so read with a grain of salt). But what I'm really excited about is this article I read on another guild's roleplaying guide. The author has really thought through this, and offered a lot of really good examples. Not all the concepts involved are "newbie" friendly, as much of it pertains to the development and RP-ability of influential characters. Check it out: http://outriders.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7767640&p=28423226&gid=231052#28423226 (another word of caution, aside from a quick mention of the three-letter substitute word for one's derriere/rumpus/rear/bum, all other content is entirely acceptable. But if that word will cause you offense, I advise you to avoid reading the article Happy ).

I would also link Nitwit's roleplaying rules from the official forums, but... *sadpanda* BioWare ated them during the massive Forum Dump of 2011.

I'll try to send links as often as I happen to stumble across them. Hopefully someone else will find them as helpful as I. Cheers!

Last edited by AltaVista on Dec. 12th, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
jaytrust

I might be interested in RP but I don't want to readto much lore. Is there a way we could condense it to basics. I will admit I haven't read the link yet its late I'll do it tomorrow. But I would love if I could just wing it with my JK and be like a hero wanna be light fighter protector of the innocent do good-er type hero figure... Lol. Work with me.

"My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."- Col 2:2-3
Redeadk

Excellent post Vista! Thanks!

K x

I've tried to get into RP before but just can't. Maybe my brain is too small for it. You guys have fun with that.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: