Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Avissi

re: Guild Wars RP Anyone?

So the saint are branching out to so many different games, why not start some new RP going for our different ventures as well. I am planning to make my way over to Guild Wars 2 when i comes out and it would be cool to have a bit of guild lore established like we did for swtor. Anyone interested?

Thaspeare

re: Re: Guild Wars RP Anyone?

Avissi wrote:
So the saint are branching out to so many different games, why not start some new RP going for our different ventures as well. I am planning to make my way over to Guild Wars 2 when i comes out and it would be cool to have a bit of guild lore established like we did for swtor. Anyone interested?

I agree, and I was thinking about this just a couple days ago. I would be happy to help.
Verasol

Definitely interested and would be willing to aid in any way I can as well.
Tobia Ednada

GW2 looks cool :D

Avissi

Cool i was thinking we could all some how meet in Lion's Arch. from what i can gather its a trade hub and melting pot city for all the races so a good place to meet everyone. though if anyone else has some cool ideas for a setting please share.

Thaspeare

I think I am going to work Christianity into my story. I see a lot of possibilities for this through the background info.

1. The Charr have killed their 'gods', which leads the charr to believe they are just more powerful foes to be taken down. Hence, these were not 'gods' at all.

2. The Human 'gods' are silent now. No one knows why, it also lends itself to them not truly being 'gods' but perhaps powerful beings trying to oppress.

3. The Norn are tribal and see strength in the traits of the Animal Totems they 'worship'. Hence, not 'gods' but spirits.

4. The Asura focus on the science of magic. There are still scientists that believe in God in our world, so why would there not be in Tyria.

5. The Sylvari awakened from a tree, the actual fruit. All kinds of biblical connotations here.

I do not see why the rp could not focus more on being Christian, or exploring Christianity from being brought into it anew from a character perspective. Many S3G Star Wars roleplays have been written in this way also.
SaintOdid

Well... just because the Lore says one thing does not mean all follow the way of their society or heritage. You can have our Christian "lore" in there. My main character is going to be a Human Ranger, that is from a rich family descend who lost both his parents at a young age and wanted to learn to shoot (arrows), sword fight, and be different than most royalties after he discovers Jesus.

At the age of 14, his parents were brutally robbed by thieves when they were coming back to Divinity's Reach. His Aunt and Uncle moved in with him. His Uncle is an Elementalists. They had a son and daughter, the son did not gain the gift but was very good with the bow and arrow. The daughter was given the gift.

I want to name him Blue Arrow, yes like Green Arrow hehe, because I was going to originally name him Oliver Queen after Green Arrow, but want him to be a secret "hero". At first he was angry and hated everything and did not want to live properly. He learned to shoot and fight, but when he was 18 he used his money to party, drink, and enjoy life.

What changed? In the last few days before he changed, he had been thinking about all that his dad taught him and what his uncle had tried putting into him when they moved in. He also thought about the training his uncle gave him as he learned to shoot and fight. His uncle always taught values and godly truths. God was reaching out to him... one day he was heading to one of his favorite spots.

He saw an older couple being robbed, something inside seem to burn and it was not for revenge but to protect. The robber had a pistol, and the older couple was so scared, but the man did stand in front of his wife.

The man roared out with anger, "Give me your money, now".

Oliver then pulled out his dagger and climbed up the building near by. He noticed a tree that was making the shadow of the theft. So he made his way to the branch.
The older man spoke up to the thief, "This is all I have, please take it and leave us alone". The older man handed over the money purse. For some reason the thief was not satisfied.

"I want the jewelry around your wife's neck".

It was it, Oliver jumped from the branch knocking the pistol out of the hands of the thief. The couple was shocked but the older man made sure his wife was protected. There was a struggle, but Oliver was able to loosen the guys belt and spin him to the ground where he was able to use the belt to tie the guys arms behind him. The couple thanked him as the Seraph came running.

"You are welcome, please be careful this is not the safest area to be".

The couple nodded and the older lady kissed him on the cheek.

"So what happened here" demanded the Seraph with the clean cut beard. The couple explained all that happened. The Seraph looked at Oliver, "Well we could use people like you in the Seraph, maybe you should consider" Then they took the thief away.

Oliver decided to take time and head to the park near by where he sat and thought. He finally pleaded to God and asking him to forgive him for being a fool a sinner trying to create my own world. He ask Jesus to forgive him and change Him.

That night he went home. He told his Uncle and Aunt what had happened. They praised God together in joy and tears.

This was the day that Blue Arrow was born. He decided that he needed to work outside the law but follow it. Helping any and all who needed help and could not defend themselves. He was a man of honor, truth, and humility.

That is what was in my head lol as I played my beta version of my ranger. We still can fit into the lore of GW2. In fact Paul entered into cities always knowing the people's theology. We can be the followers of the Divine, the one true God

Odid

SaintOdid wrote:
Well... just because the Lore says one thing does not mean all follow the way of their society or heritage. You can have our Christian "lore" in there. My main character is going to be a Human Ranger, that is from a rich family descend who lost both his parents at a young age and wanted to learn to shoot (arrows), sword fight, and be different than most royalties after he discovers Jesus.

At the age of 14, his parents were brutally robbed by thieves when they were coming back to Divinity's Reach. His Aunt and Uncle moved in with him. His Uncle is an Elementalists. They had a son and daughter, the son did not gain the gift but was very good with the bow and arrow. The daughter was given the gift.

I want to name him Blue Arrow, yes like Green Arrow hehe, because I was going to originally name him Oliver Queen after Green Arrow, but want him to be a secret "hero". At first he was angry and hated everything and did not want to live properly. He learned to shoot and fight, but when he was 18 he used his money to party, drink, and enjoy life.

What changed? In the last few days before he changed, he had been thinking about all that his dad taught him and what his uncle had tried putting into him when they moved in. He also thought about the training his uncle gave him as he learned to shoot and fight. His uncle always taught values and godly truths. God was reaching out to him... one day he was heading to one of his favorite spots.

He saw an older couple being robbed, something inside seem to burn and it was not for revenge but to protect. The robber had a pistol, and the older couple was so scared, but the man did stand in front of his wife.

Oliver then pulled out his dagger and climbed up the building near by. He noticed a tree that was making the shadow of the theft. So he made his way to the branch.
The older man spoke up to the thief, "This is all I have, please take it and leave us alone". The older man handed over the money purse. For some reason the thief was not satisfied.

It was it, Oliver jumped from the branch knocking the pistol out of the hands of the thief. The couple was shocked but the older man made sure his wife was protected. There was a struggle, but Oliver was able to loosen the guys belt and spin him to the ground where he was able to use the belt to tie the guys arms behind him. The couple thanked him as the Seraph came running.

"So what happened here" demanded the Seraph with the clean cut beard. The couple explained all that happened. The Seraph looked at Oliver, "Well we could use people like you in the Seraph, maybe you should consider" Then they took the thief away.

Oliver decided to take time and head to the park near by where he sat and thought. He finally pleaded to God and asking him to forgive him for being a fool a sinner trying to create my own world. He ask Jesus to forgive him and change Him.

That night he went home. He told his Uncle and Aunt what had happened. They praised God together in joy and tears.

This was the day that Blue Arrow was born. He decided that he needed to work outside the law but follow it. Helping any and all who needed help and could not defend themselves. He was a man of honor, truth, and humility.

That is what was in my head lol as I played my beta version of my ranger. We still can fit into the lore of GW2. In fact Paul entered into cities always knowing the people's theology. We can be the followers of the Divine, the one true God

Odid

I love this! Great Story! I like the name, Blue Arrow.
Verasol

Heh. There are six gods, but wait till everyone hears about the Seventh ;)

Pretty awesome story, Odid. And I agree with adding Christian elements, Thaspeare, it would seem to flow forward, naturally.
In the tor RP the Saints were scattered, then regathered. Should we set up something akinr for Gw2, or simply have the Saints meet and establish themselves as a guild/group in LA, similar to what Avissi suggested?
No doubt converging and prior adventures will be had before this too. So date wise, have it start when the game is starting [1325 AE ], or before, maybe during the whole spiel with Destiny's Edge?
*shrug*
B00TS

SaintOdid wrote:

Odid

I was not even planning to play GW2 until I read this RP thread. I love playing the sister of heroes, (often adopted). Can I be someone's in-game RP sister? LOL
As the end of my summer break approaches, I will only be able to get online after 6 pm PST. Incidentally, because of my love of playing the healer even in bully (pvp) territory, I have found it good to have big brothers about on the pvp servers. Also, big brothers have been my protection from other types of predators in MMORPG arena.

Or maybe I should ask a better question, does this guild do in-game RP or just forums RP?
SaintOdid

Shazeen,

Actually this topic is about whether we want to do some RP in GW2

Well with my story, my cousin is a girl elementalist could that work?!

Verosal,

Here is my thinking... Jao and his followers discovering small pockets of believers all over Tyria and told them to come to LA to consider creating a guild. So many came and (Divinity's Saints or Saints of the Divine) was Established 1322? The guild gain strength and a voice in Tyria, and in Divinity's Reach Jao has a voice to the council. Many noble families who already have been following the One true God have always been teaching to their families. Now with a guild, these individual have a home to call home.

My next thought knowing my story, how about a secret society called League of Saints, sorta a superhero league. We are heroes that work outside the law but at the same time uphold it. Helping those that the guards or Seraph cannot. If we decide to go together in PvPc and WvWvW it would be sweet to be heroes out there and cause chaos lol. In some ways be a GW2 squad as well as a RP group as the League of Saints. Name them code names, like mine Blue Arrow. My Ranger will be the only one that has a code name. My Guardian will be named Odid Hammerlight most likely envy

What do you think?

Odid

I am totally up for the League of Saints. I think I might make a thief or guardian for the league.
Darius Tarminthor
Archenson
Veteran
Jedi Padawan

Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

shazeen wrote:
I was not even planning to play GW2 until I read this RP thread. I love playing the sister of heroes, (often adopted). Can I be someone's in-game RP sister? LOL
As the end of my summer break approaches, I will only be able to get online after 6 pm PST. Incidentally, because of my love of playing the healer even in bully (pvp) territory, I have found it good to have big brothers about on the pvp servers. Also, big brothers have been my protection from other types of predators in MMORPG arena.

Or maybe I should ask a better question, does this guild do in-game RP or just forums RP?

You can play as my Charr's pet human or Asura or w/e that carries stuff for him or something that tags along on his adventures. XD I actually have a little backstory already built up for him in collaboration with Verasol, with hopes of plenty of in-game RP.

On a more serious note, I'm not sure you'll like GW2 so much because there are no "dedicated healer" classes, only DPS and support which includes healing, but there are no direct heals in this game. You can still stack +heal gear to help keep others HP up, but don't expect to throw anything big around to save someone, just merely keep them going enough to finish a fight. I'm no expert though with what little experience I've had playing support, though, so you'll have to get a feel for yourself.

Arch,

we actually went to Iconic's meeting... we actually talked about GW2. It peaked a lot of people's interest =)

You should write a little of your story... I didnt finish my whole story just wanted to give a little to see what people thought hehehe

Odid

shazeen wrote:

We have Saints who RP in Lotro and SWTOR in-game, and I don't doubt we will have some in Gw2. as well Happy

I like it, the guild origin. And add another to the Leauge of extraordinary Charr-- I mean, Saints. Charr Warrior [Rissa Searblade], codename .... something-something-fuzzy-something-at-some-point...reporting for duty.

Oh, yeah, we do have an RP we need to work on, Arch. I totally didn't forget about it...*for Nornia!*
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: