Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SaintOdid

re: Guild Wars RP Anyone?

Anyone else like to share a little of their potential character background for GW2?

I am curious about what races, professions, and personalities people are planning on playing their character like?

Odid

Alot of good ideas. This being a Christan guild I would say that a Christian theme is absolutely going in there. I'll have to talk to Jao as well to see if he is cool with us putting him in there (in name atleast if he doesnt have the time to RP).

What I have so far is: Jao officially forming the Saints in Lions Arch to spread word of the one true God (Some of the RP group playing founding members). As the word spreads many others come to the faith (this is where I will jump in). And eventually the Saints forming a team of hero's to go fight injustice.

If there are more ideas keep them comming, I'll try to have the RP up as soon as possible if I get the go ahead.

SaintOdid

Avissi wrote:
Alot of good ideas. This being a Christan guild I would say that a Christian theme is absolutely going in there. I'll have to talk to Jao as well to see if he is cool with us putting him in there (in name atleast if he doesnt have the time to RP).

What I have so far is: Jao officially forming the Saints in Lions Arch to spread word of the one true God (Some of the RP group playing founding members). As the word spreads many others come to the faith (this is where I will jump in). And eventually the Saints forming a team of hero's to go fight injustice.

If there are more ideas keep them comming, I'll try to have the RP up as soon as possible if I get the go ahead.

To bad you werent at the meeting with Iconic...

Boots, Aqua, Thas, and I had a little meeting after about the RP Sector and GW2 RP. But definitely a Christian theme. We talked about C.S. Lewis and Tolkien and bringing a Christian theme into stories. So we are on the same page!

Yeah... I was not expecting Jao to actually write an RP... unless he has the time, which would be cool.

My thoughts Avissi is that we need to create a GW2 RP background for the Saints in Tyria to go by. From there people can do RP together or individually, but basing their structure off our main story back ground. OF WHICH I can help you with. In fact you should put your thoughts in here as well. Maybe we can all get a solid background set envy

League of Saints still sounds like a sweet secret hero society to me, anyone else like?

Odid

I am totally up for the secret hero society League of Saints.

I also think that if Jao does not want to play and does not want to have a character apparent in the storyline, he could have slipped a Bible into that dimension, found by a group of adventurers, who after reading the Bible are reborn and call their guild Saints of the Divine. This would be in case it runs against Jao's convictions to play the game, thereby allowing him to be the founder of the guild, but not have to take presence in the game itself.
Thaspeare

Thaspeare wrote:
I am totally up for the secret hero society League of Saints.

I also think that if Jao does not want to play and does not want to have a character apparent in the storyline, he could have slipped a Bible into that dimension, found by a group of adventurers, who after reading the Bible are reborn and call their guild Saints of the Divine. This would be in case it runs against Jao's convictions to play the game, thereby allowing him to be the founder of the guild, but not have to take presence in the game itself.

My point is that Jao has a Christian presence in every game we play by founding the Saints and supporting games he may not play. This is a way to input Jao as the leader of the guild without him having to have a physical presence in the game.
B00TS

A Pet Human?
I have never RP'd as a pet human b4.
The concept is sort of out of this world...crazy...
Crazy enough to actually do it.

LOL!

Amazing idea, even if it was a joke.
JBGamer

I can see that I have got some serious thinking to do. I dunno but maybe I will end up playing one of the Sylvari people, perhaps one who was well on his way to becoming part of the Nightmare Court until some kind of intervention from God. I think that roleplaying from the perspective of one of the Sylvari people trusting in this God that no people even among the older races seem to know much of anything about ought to be really interesting!

Thaspeare

I think I am going to play Asura. Not so much arrogant but assured, and quieter than his fellows, possibly a tactical genius.
Verasol

^ Your post reminded me...
There needs to be an Asura named The Brain and a Norn named Pinky at some point.

Anyway, my main is a Norn Guardian, also a cook. Makes the best Wurm Stew in Hoelbrak!
Avissi

Ok the RP is up and ill keep this thread going as the OOC thread. feel free to hop in at any time.

SaintOdid

Avissi wrote:
Ok the RP is up and ill keep this thread going as the OOC thread. feel free to hop in at any time.

I just read it... great job! I will have to think about what I will put into it =)

Odid

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Avissi wrote:

Awesome! Time to start brainstorming!
Brato Duott
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Thaspeare wrote:
I think I am going to play Asura. Not so much arrogant but assured, and quieter than his fellows, possibly a tactical genius.

Speare I'm also planning on Asura! Want to brainstorm and come up with a background? Maybe have these two as friends?
Thaspeare

Brato Duott wrote:
Thaspeare wrote:

Speare I'm also planning on Asura! Want to brainstorm and come up with a background? Maybe have these two as friends?

Of course!
RedeemedJedi7

I'm game, and I can't believe I haven't looked around in the RP threads for TOR. I guess I was just so disappointed when I heard the RP servers in the game had no RP. Though, I'm still open to creating some events in game to create some RP for those who want it. That's what I've missed so much from Galaxies when I played it. It was very open to good RP with the community that was there, and the open world.

But I'm also thinking about getting GW 2 sometime very soon, so we'll see. I'd definitely be interested in getting involved with that RP. Someone tell me how I can get started and learn some about the lore. I have the first game and played through a lot of it.

"You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: