Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Vadis
Jedi Vadis
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

re: Gaming laptop or upgrade pc?

I know you bought already, Towne, but just for everyone's enjoyment they do make gaming laptops with SLI cards: http://www.digitalstorm.com/banshee.asp

Although they're not cheap.

Congrats on your new set up.

"Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." Luke 13:4-5
Free IC

Is it a touchscreen? I had an acer laptop with a touchscreen and it did not survive long, use gently!

That laptop should let you play most games well, though not at super hi graphics for some. You might want to invest in a nice laptop pad with a fan too, them cpu's and gpu's get hot. I have a Deep Cool laptop pad and that allows my little laptop to manage decent graphics on lotro which is nice.

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered . . . Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something.”   ~Sam Gamgee in The Two Towers

Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Free IC wrote:
Is it a touchscreen? I had an acer laptop with a touchscreen and it did not survive long, use gently!

That laptop should let you play most games well, though not at super hi graphics for some. You might want to invest in a nice laptop pad with a fan too, them cpu's and gpu's get hot. I have a Deep Cool laptop pad and that allows my little laptop to manage decent graphics on lotro which is nice.

My first computer I bought was an ACER. Had nothing but trouble with it so I started calling it a Pacer after the car. That was many years ago though. Perhaps they are much better now. Artoo says that the chances of it surviving ARK and SC are 725 to 1. Actually Artoo has been known to make mistakes... from time to time... Oh dear...

Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Thats why I got an i5 7600, 16 gb ram, mobo, 1tb hhd for my desktop also. That is going to be for my higher setting games like ark and sc. The laptop is more for abc mouse for my kids, makes it easier to watch them, work, and light gaming like lotro bf3 etc lol.

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Towne wrote:
Thats why I got an i5 7600, 16 gb ram, mobo, 1tb hhd for my desktop also. That is going to be for my higher setting games like ark and sc. The laptop is more for abc mouse for my kids, makes it easier to watch them, work, and light gaming like lotro bf3 etc lol.

Ahhhh. wink

Yeah you'll be good lol

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered . . . Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something.”   ~Sam Gamgee in The Two Towers

Towne
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

It plays bf1 and arma 3 lol

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Could any one give me a good build for a pc for about 1000, but all and and raydon video card? I'm thinking of building a new pc. Something that will run SC.

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

Bump

Young Jedi Master

Towne wrote:
Could any one give me a good build for a pc for about 1000, but all and and raydon video card? I'm thinking of building a new pc. Something that will run SC.

Hey Towne Happy! I'm sorry, but I lack the PC knowledge, so I'm afraid I can't help in terms of builds . BUT, you should post your question over on Discord in a chat channel - some Saints visit it more than the website wink.

Young Jedi Initiate

Young Jedi Initiate

Google Sadia... play on your phone, tablet, tv, whatever you want. I am not a fan of streaming games but it looks interesting.

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22 KJV
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: