Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
RichardRobins

re: Roleplaying.

its allright falcon.. just breathe deep.. slow breathes.

the shock will pass soon.lol
Mysour

I'm a huge fan of creative writing, and it's one of my favorite things to do. I'll get into this soon, when I start seriously thinking about my character and whatnot. I'm not fully aware of races and abilities and things, so until I know more about Commandos, I'll fantasize only.

ARGH! I really need to try and find more time. You would have seen my attempt at joining in, and I plan to continue that soon....once I find the time (school etc)

Jao Thaun
Overseer
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

I'm a little confused at what ya'll are asking for in the Roleplaying forum. A Forum holds Threads (topics) which holds Posts.

When you say thread I think you mean forum. Anyways, I have gave the roleplayers their own category and 2 forums, an OOC and a RP forum. I hope that's what you were wanting. If not, someone help me out here?

re: Re: Roleplaying.

Visan wrote:
Reginox wrote:
More Saints should do it, its getting kinda lonely in that forum....

This may come as a shock, especially when I'm so pumped for SWTOR, but I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies, well except Episode 1 when I was 5 which I have no memory of at all. I haven't played KOTOR, I haven't read any books. What I know I've learned from conversations with friends over the years, exploring the SWTOR site, and playing Lego Star Wars. As much as I love role-play, I have practically no background to build on and could only offer a character of extreme-memory loss who constantly had no idea where he was or what it meant to be there.

No worries, God still loves you. :P But, as people have recommended, the movies are a great place to start. Reading Fatal Alliance will probably help (I haven't read it yet, but it probably will help.). Kotor is $10 on Steam last I checked, and worth every penny, and a great place to jump in.

Jao Thaun wrote:
I'm a little confused at what ya'll are asking for in the Roleplaying forum. A Forum holds Threads (topics) which holds Posts.

When you say thread I think you mean forum. Anyways, I have gave the roleplayers their own category and 2 forums, an OOC and a RP forum. I hope that's what you were wanting. If not, someone help me out here?

\
What you did was great Jao! The only other thing I feel missing is a "forum" for people to post their character bio's. This will give a person a thread solely dedicated to their character so people can post comments or ask for comments on a bio. Currently trying to search for a characters bio is difficult.

"Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." Proverbs 4:26-27
Naandi

Have you seen the SW:TOR RP Wiki?

It's an area where everyone who plays SW:TOR can post their RP bios (plus pictures). And then each bio (page) is organized by race, class, guild, etc. and is searchable. I think most MMO's have an RP Wiki. I used one for both Wow and LotRO and they're marvelously handy.

It might be an easier way to organize everyone; at least it's one option. It would still be nice to have a thread for OOC comments (but the RP Wiki has a "talk" page attached to your bio for this purpose as well).

I'm definitely planning to make a page for both my characters on it, just cause it's so handy and makes it easier to connect with other RPers once the game starts.

Takeru wrote:
The only other thing I feel missing is a "forum" for people to post their character bio's. This will give a person a thread solely dedicated to their character so people can post comments or ask for comments on a bio. Currently trying to search for a characters bio is difficult.

Jao has created the "Character Bios" forum. I'm gonna go ahead and split each character's bio into a new thread to make things easier. If anyone has one of those "How to create a character" guidelines, I think it would be good to post it there.

what gets me going and I think will help the forum in general is if you read the story give a bit of feedback. I write bet if I know someone is reading it, shout out to steel falco, just food for thought.

Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

GSherm wrote:
what gets me going and I think will help the forum in general is if you read the story give a bit of feedback. I write bet if I know someone is reading it, shout out to steel falco, just food for thought.

I'm HERE!!!!! I saw the Falco Beacon and came immediately! What's the RP situation? envy envy envy envy envy

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
Reginox

GSherm wrote:

Same here, I love reading responses!

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: