Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Protector_Z

re: A Double-Bladed Companion

A Double-Bladed Companion

Part I - Don't play with players

- Are you sure there's nothing you can do about it?

- Look man, I told you 4 times already: it's broken, and there's no way to fix it!

- But there's gotta be a way to-

- Ok!! I'm done here! It appears you don't know the meaning of the word “broken”. It'll be 2,000 credits.

- 2,000?! But you did nothing! The ship still broken!

- Of course I did something! I ran a full diagnostic on your entire ship 4 times. Each scan costs 500. Therefore: 2000.

- Arrggg!!!...

Reluctantly, Maxon transferred the credit into the rip-off mechanic as to not get into trouble. He was in the middle of Hutta after all, where a snap of fingers can put you in trouble.

- Thanks man. Now look, if you want a good ship, I can point you to-

- Please... Just leave.- Interrupted Maxon with a down expression.

The mechanic left with a smiley face while Maxon kept a disappointment one.

- I knew I shouldn't trust that shaddy jawa...

Yes, his ship didn't last long before the main generator had some major problems. His credits still hadn't been cleared after the attack on the saints' base, and he didn't made his survival known to the Order. He wanted to meet up with the saints before making his “official” confirmation of survival, that way they wouldn't make many questions as to his actions in the meantime, and in case they did, Maxon knew Master Thaun could work them out, he had done it before.

Poor and without a ship, looks like Maxon was pretty much trapped in Hutta of all places. At least he could defend himself... While he still had a lightsaber...

It was night in Hutta. Lots of bars opened, parties all around, a couple of gang skirmishes here and there. Nothing unusual of the place. Maxon thought maybe he could pull some of his Jedi tricks in gambling, or even mind trick some weak minded individual to hand over some credits. “It is not stealing”, he thought “besides, everyone here is pretty much a thief. They have it coming”.

He stepped inside a bar with a little better looking appearance, seeking the wealthier gamblers. Oh, the inexperience of a young Jedi... After asking around about gambling, he soon was conducted to the back part of the bar: a room full of gambling tables with all kinds of different games. After analyzing a couple games, he finally found his favorite kind: dice.

When seating around the table, he instantly raised suspicions with his obvious clothes. Isn't ingenuity something beautiful?

- 5000 credit to buy-in.- One of the gamblers muttered, to Maxon's misfortune.

- Hmm.. How about 653 credits plus a ship in an all-in single bet?

The other gamblers looked at each other like they knew what was going to happen, but dear Maxon's greed had blinded him this time. When they threw the dice Maxon did a little slight movement with his hands and the dice stopped right on the spot.

- Jedi scum!- One of the gamblers shouted while hitting the table strongly and standing up immediately. Maxon instantly reached for his lightsaber, but he only grabbed the air. When he looked at his side: the lightsaber had gone! The other gamblers started to stand up while getting their blasters. Impulsively Maxon force pulled one of the blasters to him and pointed it to one of the gamblers. When Maxon realized it was him pointing at one while everyone else pointed at him.

- Ok, I think there has been a misunderstanding here. As you can see, I have no lightsaber with me.

- What?! You just pulled a blaster to you!

Yeah, way to go Maxon!

- Hold on fellas.- Said a feminine voice in the background.- We are all cheaters here, aren't we? Why are you acting so harshly with the newcomer?- it was a togruta female seating in the corner of the room.

- What do you mean, we are all cheaters here?! Questioned one of the gamblers.

Pointing at one she answered: “Well, didn't you see him pulling cards from his sleeve just a while ago?

- What? No! I didn't do anything!- Now everybody surprisingly pointed their blasters at him while he pointed at them.

- And are you telling me none of you saw (pointing at another one) him switching the dice a couple plays ago?- She continued. Now everybody switched to him.

- Blasphemy! I never cheated in my life!

- Now, I don't know if any of you realized this, but the waiters have been ripping off all of you all night long in the drinks.- At this everybody started looking at the waiters who responded with worried negation expressions.

- She's telling the truth! They are just getting our credits!
- I knew there was something funny with the drinks!
- You'll pay for this you bunch of cheaters!

All craze started breaking loose at the bar, with punches and laser blasters starting to fly all around, creating an unbelievable chaos around the bar. Maxon took the opportunity and force pushed all the gamblers off him while dropping the table to form a cover for him from the blaster fire.

While everybody was fighting breaking the whole bar and killing themselves in an already uncontrolled and totally chaotic battle, Maxon was trying to find who took his lightsaber. Next to the door he saw a rather suspicious little alien slipping away from the chaos. Maxon went to pursue him, but with the same intensity that he left the cover someone pulled him back. It was the togruta, who had just saved Maxon from an incoming blaster shot.

- You really want to die today, don't you?- she asked with a sarcastic tone.- Follow me, if you wanna live.- At that she blinked at him.

Tossing a flash grenade in the middle of the room, they ran for the exit as everybody was temporarily stunned by the light, with her guiding him by holding his hand. After leaving they got into a speeder outside and hurried away from there as fast as they could.

[To be continued...]

Part II – Symbiosis

At an apartment in a slum of Hutta, Maxon stood in the balcony, gazing at the stars while meditating on the past events. There was an angry/worried expression in his face, arms crossed. He wasn't happy.

- I guess now we can introduce ourselves properly.- Said the togruta after leaving the bathroom still drying her head-tails.- I am Kaashna Tanual, captain of the Centurion Runner.

- I am jedi saint Maxon.- He said shaking her hand.- I'm most grateful for what you did back there.

- You're welcome, but a jedi saint? Never heard of such a thing.

- It's my unit's name... I'm trying to find them.

- Sorry, I haven't heard of any other “saint” around Hutta. And I never heard of jedi trying to cheat gamblers donwtown either.- She turned suspicious of Maxon.

- Please don't remind me...- He turned back to gaze the stars.- I'm going through a... “Transition” period in my life, and with no master to guide me, it becomes as hard as it can get. I was sloppy and stupid back there, almost got killed twice for pure lack of focus, concentration and strategy... That shall never happen again.

- You sound really angry at yourself. You should relax now, what's past is past.

Maxon took a deep breath: “you don't understand... I was being proud, over-confident, and immoral. That blinded me of the reality, made me lazy in my meditations and training. What worries me the most is... I don't know where it came from... I'm sorry. I don't want to annoy you with jedi philosophies. It's just that... I haven't really talked to anybody for some time now..."

Kaashna stood besides Maxon at the balcony joining him at the observation of stars.

- It's ok Maxon. I know what loneliness do to people... I'm curious to know though, what makes a jedi want to gamble in hutta. Are you a rebel or something?

- Well, depends on your point of view.. Anyways, my ship broke beyond repair on my way here, and my account was blocked because I'm considered MIA and haven't reported back yet, so I was trying to raise money to buy my way out of here... Wait, you said you're captain of a ship, right?! Can you take me somewhere?! I'm sure the saints will pay your expenses once we find them.

- I was captain of a ship... A damn Hutt's pirate gang trapped me, stole my ship and killed my crew in the process. I was the only one who managed to escape... Since then I've been living from small jobs and gambling.- Then she turned to Maxon with a smile on her face.- But you came in the right time.

- What do you mean?

- I recently found out that Gron'ri, the hutt that stole my ship, will be receiving some illegal shipments on Hutta, and the ship that's bringing the cargo is the Centurion Runner, my ship.

- Let me guess, you want me to help you recover your ship?

- Precisely... I thought if I saved your life, you could return the favor and help me regain mine. After all you're a jedi, you fight for justice, don't you?

- Ha, how naive of me to think a smuggler in Hutta would do something for the sake of nobility...

- Please, help me Maxon, and I'll take you whenever you wanna go.

- But you're forgetting something: like your ship, someone stole my lightsaber. I can't do much without it.- “yet” he thought to himself. He never liked to depend on a lightsaber.

- I know that, but you're in for some treat. Inside my ship there's a hidden special compartment in my cabin where I hold my most valuable treasure: a Double-bladed lightsaber!

- A lightstaff huh? How did you manage to acquire one?

- I got it after killing a sith inquisitor. It was a tough battle and almost got myself killed, but he underestimated me. If we are lucky enough they didn't find it. You can use it.

Maxon didn't know if that was doable. He didn't know if Kaashna could be trusted. He didn't know what was going on inside him. But he didn't have much choice, it was that or be trapped in Hutta.

- I need... Time. I must find a place to meditate, only then I'll be ready.

- We don't have much time, the ship will arrive tomorrow and won't stay for more than a couple hours.

- That leaves us one full day. It's enough for me. In that meantime see if you can find schematics or any information on the place, our enemy, anything that might give us an advantage. To battle without a plan is to surrender your life to luck. Until then I ask for privacy.

- Ok, I'll see to it. You can stay here, I'll sleep at a friend's house. He'll likely be helping us too, he's a computer tech freak. I'll come back a few hours before the ship arrives.

Maxon went to the bed and was assuming the meditation position his master taught him. When Kaashna was about to pass through the door she stopped and turned her head one last time.

- Please Maxon, this ship means a lot to me. More than you can imagine.- He nodded compassionately and she left. He closed his eyes and started meditating...

[To be continued...]

Part III – Force Encounter

“Where did such arrogance and pride come from?” Maxon was thinking to himself according to recent events. Eyes always closed, in his meditation position on the bed.

“When did I become so irresponsible and careless?... Since Serina's death I've been changing, but I thought that change would be for better, not for worse. At first my training was doing so well, but since a few days ago I have been slowly become something... Else.”

He was afraid of what might be happening to him. Could he be falling to the dark side and not even realizing? If that was so, how could he avoid it of happening?

“I must seek guidance of the force.”

Maxon started concentrating and focusing on the flow of the force around him. Soon he started to feel the life around Hutta. He felt evil much more than good, to no surprise. While feeling evils like stealing, lies, murderers, blackmail, fear, the darkness running loose he remembered Serina's death, an assassination, but also how he had overcome his hatred and thirst for vengeance...

“Victims of evil influences” he thought of all the people doing wrongs around Hutta. “I wish there was peace, I wish people would love each other, just as I loved Serina”. After pondering at that for a while something weird started to happen, as if the darkness was starting to be “filtrated”. He continued to concentrate on his love and his wish to spread it, and so the process also continued. Soon he had almost completely eradicated the feelings of evil. He had managed to sense only the good, only the “light” side around. He let himself go in such a pleasant ecstasy of this mixture of good people and loving feelings. The sensation started to become so overwhelming that he was losing his consciousness...

Suddenly Maxon saw himself at an infinite white. He was the same. It was like he was walking on air, but all he could see besides himself was white. Soon he started to see a figure fade in through complete whiteness...

- What?... I can't believe it!... Master!!

Maxon couldn't believe his eyes. His master was now standing in front of him, with a smile on his face.

- I'm proud of you Steve... I knew you wouldn't fall.

- But I haven't succeed either...- He answered looking down.- There's so much to learn, but I don't know where to walk through.

- Wrong. As long as you don't fall to the dark side, you'll always be successful... I can sense much confusion in you my young padawan, but you must stand firm. There can be no ignorance. Cultivate your feelings of love, find new ones, find pure ones, and let the force guide you through them.

- What about my pride? My ego? My arrogance? Even so I can't seem to get rid of them.

- That's because you haven't found balance yet. Whenever you love yourself more than others, that is bound to happen. And that is the path to the darkside: to put yourself in the highest pillar of your life. That is the great danger of the path you've chosen. Don't become blind Steve, but be true to yourself! Search your feelings with the force constantly, be aware of your true motivations! Don't let your self-love become greater than the love you feel for others. When you achieve this balance, then your true potential will rise!

Maxon still seemed a little confused and lost.

- I don't have much time.. I want you to understand this Steve: it's not wrong to want to become strong. It's wrong to want to be stronger than anyone. It's not wrong letting your emotions go, but it's wrong to don't give it limits. It's not wrong to love, it's wrong to love yourself more than others. It's not wrong to feel anger, it's wrong to let it continue being... Your motivation is not to become the strongest, and that's exactly why you will be one of the strongest. Don't fight that, it's not becoming strong that will take you to the dark side. What will take you to the dark side is loving to be stronger than others...

At that he raised his head, and his eyes were watered, but with a gleaming on them.

- Meditate on what I said, for you will be challenged in that. I had a secret apprentice once, one who have fallen to the dark side. I want you to confront him.

- You had a secret apprentice?!- Maxon was perplex to know that.

- There's no time to discuss that. I want you to confront him, in doing so you'll learn the missing piece in your puzzle.

- Yes, my master.- He answered hesitantly.- But who is he and where shall I find him?

- He's in Coronet. Go there and the Force will lead you to him...- At that his master started to drift away, while fading out in the white.

- Master!

- What is it my young padawan?

- I'm not a padawan anymore, I'm a Consular now... And call me Maxon!- He said remembering old days.

- You're always gonna be my padawan, Steve!- His master replied from the distance. His words echoed as he completely disappeared, and everything turned to dark...

Maxon oppened his eyes and looked around. He was laying down at the bed and it was afternoon already. He got up rubbing his eyes like he had had a long night of sleep and went to the balcony, just to see the ugliness of the planet during the day.

- Master Cri'Stor... Thank you.

He looked around the apartment for something similar to a staff, and he found a long steel rod in some dusty closet. “That ought to do it” he thought, and taped the middle of it with a piece of cloth as to have a reference where the hilt would be.

He moved all the furniture to the sides, making as much room as possible in the middle. Maxon didn't had much training in double-bladed lightsabers. He would have even more problems since his preferred lightsaber form was Soresu, which requires to keep the lightsaber as close as possible to the body and works more around hand and arm movements rather than the whole body. The problem is that with a lightstaff you have another blade at the end of the hilt, and the hilt is usually longer than a normal one, meaning that every move he used to do with a single lightsaber, if the bottom part of the hilt pointed towards him, and he did it with a lightstaff, it would kill him, and that changes everything. In a lightstaff situation, he thought, it would be better to implement the ataru form, in which the entire body is always in movement, so he would be moving as much as the blades and have less worries with cutting himself while giving more speed to the attacks, it would be easier because the attacks would follow his moving body, and not the other way around, although this form wasn't very good for deflecting blaster shots. He would have to adapt his knowledge and skills to a lightstaff, even though he probably wouldn't have any encounters with a sith there, he would surely have to deflect a lot of blaster shots, very quickly. He thought in training with an improvised staff first, so when he went back to meditate he would rest his body while getting ready with the force for the battle.

And so he began his staff practice. Starting with the basics moves, adapting it to the staff, analyzing the possibilities for combos, the weaknesses, the advantages. He went on to assume battle situations and how to react to each of them. He found overwhelming how everything really doubled with a lightstaff: not only the blades, but also the possibilities, the combinations, the strengths, the weaknesses, the possible flaws, the defense and offense strategies. In summary, the difficulty level doubled in general.

“This is a two-edged sword. Its use can be my winning advantage, or my fatal mistake. What really decides which one will be is not only my skills in it or wisdom on how to use it, but also what is my opponents knowledge of its use. That means it can be an advantage against opponents who know little about it, but if I face an enemy with experience in it, I'll be the one in disadvantage because I don't have much experience, no matter what weapon he uses. Therefore, I must quickly analyze the enemy to try to find what his level of experience with a lightstaff is, so to determine if I have the advantage of the saber or not. In case of the latter, I must be as much evasive as possible and use the force to break the flow of battle until I formulate an strategy, either for offense or retreat.”

He continued the training, this time concentrating and focusing in the force. He tossed a couple things around the apartment in the process, simulating force pushes, making kind of a mess in the place.

- Oops...- he felt sorry for breaking a vase after a force push.

The practice ended as the night fell. After taking a shower he went on to meditation again, remembering and meditating on his master's words. He had no idea how that had happened, but he knew it wasn't a dream. He felt more comfortable now, more relieved, less distracted the more he meditated. He was finding the balance he was lacking, putting his emotions and thoughts in their right place. It lasted a about 2 and a half hours, until Kaashna arrived.

Of course when she did the place was back in order. A moment before she entered Maxon opened his eyes, sensing her presence. This time she had brought her friend along to disscuss the plan.

- Maxon, we have a problem!- She said with a worried tone as she entered the apartment. Maxon stood up and looked deep in her eyes:

- Then let's find a solution.

[To be continued...]

Part IV: The Escapade

- An imperial agent? Are you sure he isn't a sith?- Maxon asked Kaashna.

- We were able to intercept the comm link of the Centurion Runner. I can confirm the guy is an agent of the Empire. Seems like the Empire is trying to bribe Gron'ri's favors. The cargo the Centurion Runner is bringing are weapons, and this agent came to supervise the whole deal.

- We must proceed with caution. Not being a sith helps, but we cannot underestimate the expertise of these agents. I heard they are trained even to fight against jedi.

At this time a young male human entered the apartment. He seemed a little worried and tired from running.

- The Centurion Runner arrived!!- He shouted while entering.

- What?! You said it's suppose to arrive in 3 hours!- Kaashna responded.

- I know, but it looks like there was a change of plans. The probe just sent the video with the Centurion landing on their west hangar.- At that the young man showed the footage from a hologram.

- That means we don't have much time.- Maxon interrupted.

- Sorry. You must be Maxon. I must say I'm honored to meet a jedi! My name is Fen-Wei, I'm Kaashna's tech and intelligence officer.

- That's a pretty title.- Maxon chuckled.- You're doing a good job young one. Do you have schematics of this hangar where the ship is located?

Fen put another hologram at a table nearby and the schematics of the place came into view.

- From our surveillance videos and this map I have been able to determine a rather safe route for you to infiltrate the base.- He used a little remote he had with him and a red line showed the route ending in a circle close to where the ship must be.- At that point you'll wait until I create start the distraction-

- You sure you can hack those droids?- Kaashna intervened.

- Yes, I'm sure!- Fen answered in an annoyed tone.- When I hack the droids the base will go in chaos. But I only have a couple minutes before someone can cut my connection. That's your chance to slip into the ship, find the lightsaber and plant the receiver.

- You keep saying “you”. Aren't you coming with us?- Maxon asked.

- Of course not. I don't know how to fight! Besides, I would piss my pants on the first blaster shot I hear... I'll be nearby though. Once the receiver is installed into the ship I can hack into its system and override any security protocols they might have put up so Kaashna is clear to go.

- After we take off we'll meet up with Fen a couple miles from there where he'll join us on-board and then... We're off this stinky whole.- the togruta added as she and Fen smiled at each other...

[Later on]

A hired guard was just walking close to a dark and lonely part of the perimeter fence, doing his usual boring patrolling. All of a sudden he went up in the air and force smashed down the ground. Maxon and Kaashna then went out of hiding and with a welder she made a whole through the fence. They quickly passed through and stayed behind a fuel shed.

- Fen, we're in. Planting a bomb here.- She said as she put a thermal detonator at the shed's wall.

- Careful, there's another guard coming close.- Fen said through the comm link. She warned Maxon with a hand signal. He nodded, suddenly jumping in front of the incoming guard around the corner. Before the guard could shoot Maxon kicked his blaster away. The guard came onto him, but Maxon quickly blocked the incoming punch, punching with the right hand the guard in the face, again with the left and finishing him with a spinning kick that left him unconscious in the ground. Maxon dragged his body behind the shed and dressed up as the guard, taking his blaster rifle.

They continued through the base entering a ventilation shaft and dropping in a storage closet. Rolling a ball-camera outside the closet Kaashna could see the ship just meters away with its cargo being unloaded. The centurion runner was a Barloz-class medium freighter.

- Fen, I can see the Centurion from here, but it's rather crowded out there. Are you ready to set up the trap?

- Wait! I can slip in the ship and get the lightstaff. Once I have it then hack the droids. That way it will be safer to escort you through the way, since I'll be able to deflect shots then.- Maxon suggested. Kaashna was a little hesitant but gave in to the idea.

- Ok Fen, be ready to hack but wait for my command to do it.- She said through the communicator.

- Where is the lightstaff hidden?

- In my cabin. As you enter the cargo bay move towards the bridge, after you go through the storage, take the left, first room to your left. From the door take two steps left and turn to the wall, you will see what seems a little crack in the wall. There's a little button there that will open a compartment on the ground by my bunker. Inside the compartment there's a box with the lightstaff in it.

Maxon exited the closet disguised with the guard's clothing and the blaster rifle. He walked naturally towards the ship where a couple of droids and some thugs were coming and going as they unloaded the ship. On his way there one of the thugs turned a little suspicious as Maxon passed by him. The thug turned and tugged Maxon in the shoulder stopping him.

- Hey! I haven't seen you here before. Who are you?!- Asked the thug with a suspicious tone.

Wavering his fingers Maxon repplied: “I'm the new guy, and you WILL let me work”

- Oh, I see. You're the new guy. Well, I'll let you work.- the thug said and continued on his business.

Maxon got in the ship and into the storage, closing the door behind him. But there was a soldier at the other door, where he had to get through. It was a Nautolan soldier who seemed a little different from the other thugs.

- What is you business here guard?- The soldier asked in a rough tone. Maxon looked around. There was nobody else in the room and no cameras. He force pushed the soldier against the door, then to the side against some shelves, and then again to the other side against other shelves. That knocked the Nautolan down.

Maxon went through the door, past a corridor and into the captain's cabin successfully. Inside the room he found the fake crack and pushed the button. He heard a metallic sound behind him. A latch on the ground had opened. He took a pretty golden box outside of it and opened... But there was nothing inside!

- Looking for this, Jedi?!- Maxon turned around. There was a chiss by the door pointing a weird gun to him and holding a lightstaff in the other.- You know, it wasn't hard to find this. Smuggler's ships are well known to have hidden compartments. I just wish I had found this before, I could use it to win a few favors from a Sith.

Maxon stayed still, in silence, trying to come up with a way to get out of this.

- Don't try anything stupid. I've dealt with your kind before. This is a sonic blaster. I just have to pull the trigger and you'll be knocked unconscious, there's no way to deflect or dodge it in this small space... By the way, nice trick you did out there with that thug. That's the first time I saw a jedi doing a mind trick successfully.

- I have nothing against you. This is a stolen vessel. I only want to give it back to its rightful owner.

- Oh, I don't think so. You see, Grin'ro will soon be an important ally to the Empire, and I need him to have ships to do the dirty jobs, and he'll be even more pleased when I capture a jedi for him... I'm just curious to know: what is a saberless jedi doing on Hutta?

All of a sudden a big explosion made everything shake. The agent got a little distracted and instantly Maxon force pushed him out to the corridor while force-pulling the lightstaff to him. The agent shot the weapon but outside in the corridor while still in the air. As soon as he grabbed the lightstaff Maxon jumped out of the room and ran away. The agent shot again the sonic gun but Maxon had been faster.

Upon leaving the ship through the loading ramp Maxon saw the hangar in chaos with droids and thugs shooting each other. Away and close to the walls he saw Kaashna trying to sneak her way through the chaos. Lighting up the yellow double-bladed lightsaber he ran to her direction while deflecting a couple shots on the way. It felt good to held a lightsaber again. When he got close she came out of cover and ran towards the ship with Maxon following her to protect from incoming shots.

- Careful Kaashna! The agent is inside the ship!- he shouted as he protected her.

When they were close to the loading ramp the agent appeared with another rifle, and aimed for the Kaashna. Maxon sensed the threat and put the light blade in front of her, but when the agent fired the shot passed through the light blade! It hit her shoulder though and knocked her to the ground. Maxon was astonished to know that the shot had passed through the light blade. He immediately assumed the slug must be made of some rare material that allowed to go through light blades. Now Maxon knew what the agent meant when he said he had dealt with his kind before.

The agent hid again to reload his sniper rifle. Maxon ran towards him but he threw a stun grenade that impacted the jedi who fell on his back to the ground. The agent reloaded the gun and aimed at Maxon now, but sensing the force he made a force-backflip from the ground up to his feet at the exact time, making the shot hit the ground.

Maxon stood still, thinking, while the agent went for cover again. Looking back at Kaashna, Maxon saw a thug going for her as she was getting back on her feet. He force-jumped in front of her, deflecting the thug's shot, running and finishing him with the lightstaff. Meanwhile the agent again aimed for Maxon who was more distant this time, but that didn't matter for the agent. Again, focusing on the force, Maxon dodged at the right time from the shot and ran again for the agent as he switched to the sonic blaster. When Maxon saw this he stopped and thought:

“Sith Spit! If I get too close he'll knock me out, If I stay away, I'll never get him, and the droids must be close to going back to normal, then we'll have double the enemies.”

Maxon looked at Kaashna. She had go to cover and was shooting some thugs. Then it just hit him. He looked back to the agent who was grinning back at him pointing the gun, just waiting for Maxon to dare come close to him. Maxon closed his eyes, and turned off the lightstaff in the middle of the battle! The agent thought that was his chance and quickly switched again to the sniper rifle. When he leaned out of cover to shoot Maxon, he opened his eyes and force-pulled the agent to him! The pull was strong, which made the agent drop the gun and come quickly in Maxon's direction, who lit up the lightstaff and just pointed it to the agent.. The blade cut through his belly.

- Kaashna, go!- Maxon shouted. She saw the agent dead and ran to the ship, with Maxon following her. When both were there she closed the ramps and ran to the bridge, while Maxon stayed to make sure no one would come inside the ship while the ramps were being slowly closed.

- Fen, I'm installing the receiver now, what's your status?

- I have lost connection to the hangar's systems, soon the droids will be reset.

After installed it only took a couple seconds for the controls to turn from red to green and Kaashna started the engines.

- C'mon baby, we don't have much time.- She said. Maxon had joined her at the bridge without the disguise.

The ship soon started to take off slowly as the engines were heating up and the droids stopped shooting the thugs and started shooting the ship. But it was too late. Fen had made sure the hangar doors had opened as well during the combat. And so they parted as the doors were closing, but they weren't fast enough. The Centurion Runner had escaped...

[To be concluded]

Part V: Interests Apart

The three were in the cockpit and already in space leaving Nal Hutta's orbit. Kaashna and Fen had already celebrated the recover of the Centurion Runner, but the smiles were still stamped in their faces. Maxon felt accomplished for being able to help them... And for leaving that filthy planet as well.

- So, I guess you're gonna want to head to Tython huh?- Asked Kaashna to Maxon.

- No, not yet.- Kaashna and Fen looked at each other with suspicion.- I want to go to Corellia first.

- Corellia? What could you possibly want to do there?- Fen asked.

- I have... Business to take care of.

- I didn't know Jedi had “business”- Kaashna joked.

- It was a request my master made me. If you'll excuse me, I will contact my superior now.

- Sure, go ahead.- Maxon then left to his quarters.

------------------------

- Maxon! It's good to hear from you. I knew you weren't dead, but I couldn't tell what happened.- Said Jao through the hologram.- Where were you all this time?

- I had to deal with unfinished business from the past. I'll be glad to tell you everything I've been through once I'm back to Tython, but until then I would like to ask you to make the Order aware of my survival so they can clear my credits account.

- Where are you right now?

- I'm aboard a freighter called the Centurion Runner. I was stuck in Nal Hutta and they offered me a passage out of there... There is more to it, but I'll tell you later.

- I look forward in hearing about it. I'll be waiting for your arrival at Tython.

- Actually... I'm not heading back to Tython yet.

- Where are you going to then? Is there something wrong?

- No, there's nothing wrong... But I received a vision from the force. I saw my master, and he gave me a quest I could not refuse. Looks like he had a secret apprentice who have fallen to the dark side, and asked me to confront him.

- And where is this secret apprentice? Do you know who he is?

- He's in Coronet. I don't know who he is, I don't know if he became a Sith. I got nothing on him. My master told me the force would guide me to him, that's all

- Coronet huh? You must be careful there, that place is dangerous. I can point you to some people I have worked with who may have some info about Sith or exiles in the area. Let me assign someone to assist you at as well.

- I appreciate it master Thaun. I don't want to seem overconfident or proud, but I need to do this by myself. I hope you'll understand that.

- That do concerns me. I trust you Maxon, but dueling a fallen jedi is a very dangerous thing. And sharing the same master only complicates things. It wouldn't surprise me if he tried to convince you join the dark side.

- I am well aware of that danger master Thaun, and I can assure you I'll be prepared for that. Thank you for your comprehension. I'll keep you updated on my situation.

- Very well. I'll see with the Order regarding your account. If you need assistance contact us. We lost many people on Ord Mantell, I don't want to loose anybody else, specially to the dark side.

Maxon nodded and turned off the hologram. He took a deep breath. “That went better than expected”. It was a good thing for him that Jao didn't ask many questions, but he knew once he arrived to Tython his report would have to be extensive.

“Each day with its own problems. I must prepare for the battle to come. Who knows how powerful is this secret apprentice...”

He seated with crossed legs in his bunker and started to meditate...

--------------------------

Back on the cockpit, Fen had locked it to make sure Maxon wouldn't intrude their secret transmission.

- Did you receive the deposit?- Asked a man through the comm link.

- Yes. He's going to Corellia. Coronet to be more specific.- Kaashna responded.

- Are you sure he's part of the saints?

- Yes I'm sure! That's the first thing he told me. His name is Maxon, and he's a jedi consular. I'll give you the exact coordinates once I drop him there.

- Perfect. Delay his arrival a few days. I'll give you the rest of the payment once we find him.

- You got it. Good doing business with you... Mr. Griegan.- She grinned at Fen, who returned the smile.

[The End. For now...]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: