Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardRobins

re: Collorative Christian Fiction Idea

I have been tossing around a christian fiction idea for a few years, the basic concept is about a medievil fantasy world where sometime in the past an event happened that plunged the world into total darkness.

From the dark time God calls men and women of all races and species (Human, Elf, Dwarf etc) to serve as Paladin (Warrior Monks).

The RPG would have a very Star Wars-ish style plot, as in a mixture of Humour and Action, but with the added benefit of a strong christian core since the majority of the plot would also revolve around the Paladin trying to restore the True Word to the people.

No as this is not SW i doubt it could be RPG'd here, but i'm sure i could find a place for it on one of the christian sites i work with.

just wanted to gauge interest
Reginox

Hmmmm.. Interesting, id would like to know what kind of abilities you had in mind for the "Paladins". And why do you call them Paladins? (because historically paladins were bloodthirsty mercenary knights who fought in the front lines of Charlemagne's army).

Ah well the term Paladine is taken more from the general term, as in a Defender of a noble cause or virtue, and not to specific group setting where they are viewed as the good guys compared to say Dark Knights or whatever, however Knights could be used to replace the term.

As for Powers normally each Paladin has one ability, the powers were somewhat more visible than Star wars Jedi powers, but not exactly force unleashed style powers.

Example in a previous version of the RPG one of them used to have a dispel darkness ability which would cause a massive flash of light, blinding evil doers etc

The powers of the Good guys are supposed Gifts from God, so as you can imagine no evil powers for good guys allowed
Reginox

^ Ok, sounds good. When you say "evil" powers, do you mean like attacking powers? Or do you mean just like "dark" powers? Because I would be very interested in a Holy Fire or maybe a Lightning Smite. envy

they are fine as in attack i mean evil as in.. well force choke/drain life etc :P
Protector_Z

sounds nice. But medieval/fantasy backgrounds doesn't interest me. I like futuristic/post-apocaliptic/cyberpunk-ish/sci-fi better

But I hope you get it to start man, we Christians need every type of literature we can Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: