Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erolene

re: The Rescue (Erolene and SteelFalcon)

Part one

After three years on the job, Meriline Devira had gotten cocky; and had paid for it dearly. She was now in the possession of a crazed dark Jedi. Although all Jedi are a little crazy, Meriline thought to herself. This one takes the Banja cake. Meriline sighed and looked at the cell around her for the millionth time. The floors, ceiling, and walls were all glossy black, and so shiny that she could almost see her reflection. The lighting right above the platform used for a bed was a menacing red. And most irritating of all features was the force field, a vivid purple in color. It shimmered, and could be turned off in an instant if you were on the right side. But for Meriline, it was an immovable barrier keeping her from freedom.

She was in here because she had tried to help people. She’d brought food to the planet of Dromund Kaas, a dangerous task, but one that paid well. After three years, the colonies of Dromund Kaas gradually stopped buying the overpriced supplies from the Sith. This had eventually taken a chunk out of their profits, and the Sith had sent someone to find the cursed smuggler who dared to meddle with their business.

Meriline wasn’t the only smuggler bringing supplies to Dromund Kaas, but she happened to be the one to get caught.
She had been on the Sith ship for a few days, now, and they hadn’t done much besides threaten her. She wasn’t starved, and her cell wasn’t unbearably small, but how long would it be until something happened to her? One of the Sith troopers said something about ‘teaching her a lesson’, whatever that meant. Maybe she’d be tortured, or killed by that dark Jedi. Either way, she didn’t plan on sticking around to find out.

Her ship, a light freighter dubbed the Silver Dawn, was in the hangar bay, a floor below her. If she could get out of this cell, that’d be a start. But what would she do after that? The Sith were likely to have the Silver Dawn’scontrols locked, and the only way to unlock them would mean getting to the bridge.
That’s no good. Even with a good blaster, I couldn’t survive long. Meriline chewed her lower lip as she thought. Maybe I could send a transmission for help? The more Meriline thought, the more that seemed her best option. She would just need enough time to send her location and the word ‘help’ or similar. She would likely be caught afterward, and there was no telling what they might do to her then, but at least help would be on the way.

But who would be crazy enough to board a Sith cruiser to rescue her?

“Vari, this is Meriline.” The message on Nevari’s comlink started. Her adopted sister’s voice was quiet, and came out in a rush. “I need…” There was a sigh on the electronic device as Nevari frowned. “I need your help. I’m a prisoner on a Sith ship above the planet of Dromund Kaas. I’m sending the coordinates with this message. I don’t have time to go into detail, but I think they plan to kill me, and I can’t get out on my own.” There was the sound of boots on metal. “Please help.” The message ended.

Nevari listened to it again, just to make sure she heard it right. Her sister, who she hadn’t talked to in at least five years, was asking for her help. Not just any kind of help, either. The life and death kind of help. This needed to be brought to Master Thaun.

(OOC: I guess it's your turn, Steel. )

Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

((Thanks erolene and sandwhichman we will make a trip to rescue that bacon, I promise envy ))

Falco made his way through the vast halls of the Jedi temple in total awe. He would have gotten lost in this maze had it not been for his datapad... He was on his way to his temporary room but got sidetracked and found himself heading in the wrong direction...

Shaking off his disorientation he decided he RELLY needed some sleep. But just as he went to turn around he felt a pull towards a door not far from him. Thinking delirium was setting in he turned around anyway. This time the pull was harder... So to keep from falling on his face he walked cautiosly towards the door...

Muffled voices inside revealed a meeting of to people... Inside was Nevari and Jao Thaun... Not sure what purpose he had being here and thought it was not wise to snoop so he started lightly retreating from the door...

Just then The door opened and Jao's voice rang out, "You can come in, Falco."

Falco scoffed... He got caught not eavesdropping!

He walked into the room, Nevari had her head hung and Jao sat on the edge of a desk. "I wasn't listening, I.."

"I know." Jao said with a smile, "I could feel wandering this direction a while before you got here and was trying to get you to come inside. Nevari, you can go... May the force be with you."

She nodded, "You too Master..."

The door closed behind Nevari, and Falco could only wonder what was going on. "Let me start by showing you something..."

Jao pulled out a holodisk with the imprint of a transmission on it. The transmission crackled to life showing a young girl in apparent distress... She was held in captivity and was sending a cry for help... As the transmission ended Jao spoke, "This is Nevari's sister... She was apprhended by an unknown sith. Miss Devira has requested leave to go help her sister. I've given it to her for a number of reasons. She is likely to run into trouble, now you don't have to by any means but..."

"Master... With all respect... Do you need to ask?"

The Overseer laughed, "I guess not... But I want regular reports from the two of you. It's bad enough that I don't need two more Saints disappearing."

"Yes Master..." Falco bowed and left the room...

Nevari was loading her bag into the small ship granted to her as an R5 droid rolled onboard. It beeped and whistled as it got into position for flying the craft.

As the engines sprung to life Nevari could hear a faint "Wait!" Not sure where it was coming from she got the R5 to halt the lift off. She peered outside the cockpit window to see someone force running across the hanger. It was Falco! She ran to the back of the ship and let down the ramp... He climbed aboard with a goofy grin, "You wouldn't go on a big rescue mission without me would you?"

"Of course not..." she smiled and the ship was soon pulling out of the Tython airspace and into hyperdrive...

((it's all you Erolene))

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
Erolene

The Sith guards practically threw Meriline back into her cell on the Sith cruiser. She stayed on the floor for a minute, hoping the cool transparisteel would soothe the burns she had recently received.

She had a fairly high tolerance for pain, but had almost passed out when the dark Jedi punished her for escaping her cell. She had heard that the dark Jedi could unleash lightning from their fingertips, but had passed it off as a rumor meant to scare people into obedience. She had found out she had been wrong.

At least she had gotten a message out to Nevari. It was a long shot, but if anyone could help her right now, Nevari could. After all, she should be a fully fledged Jedi by now. Meriline got up off the glossy black floor and groaned.

If it was the last thing she did, she would kill that dark Jedi for this. She couldn’t feel pity for him, even if he didn’t have any hands.

Nevari leaned back in the pilot’s seat and watched the starlines of hyperspace. “Thanks for coming with me, Falco.” She said to her friend sitting next to her.

“I couldn’t let you have all the fun.” He joked.

Nevari laughed mirthlessly. “A Sith ship above Dromund Kaas may be more fun than I want, don’t you think?”

Falco grinned. “You can meditate on the ship while I take care of them, if you prefer.”

Nevari bit her lip to keep from laughing. “That’s alright. It’ll give me more lightsaber practice anyway.”

“That’s the spirit.” Falco said.

Nevari took a deep breath. “Jokes aside, I have to wonder why the Sith would have any interest in Meriline. She’s a pilot, but she’s not military. She’s more of a… constant tourist.”

“Maybe she recently joined the Republic.” Falco thought out loud. “They’re always looking for good pilots.”

Nevari frowned. “Maybe. But do the Sith capture Republic pilots for fun?”

Falco shrugged. “Good point. She must have ticked someone off personally.”

“I suppose there’s no point in guessing.” Nevari said after a moment. “We’ll know soon enough.” She closed her eyes. “Ugh, I’ve never liked hyperspace travel. Wake me up if anything happens.”

Falco smirked. He was pretty sure Nevari could sleep through anything. “Will do.”

(Your turn, Steel.)

Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Falco sat at terminal in the ship playing pazaak. He was losing badly when he spotted Nevari watching him play from the other side of the room...

"Awww... Did the poor little Jedi let a computer out-smart him?" she said mockingly

Falco frowned at the terminal, "I never did like that game... Wait I thought you were sleeping?"

Her face went from smile to almost solem in an instant, "Can't... Too much to think about..."

"You know... When I can't get something off my mind I always go practice my lightsaber forms...

But that's just me... You may want to do something else."

She grinned, "Actually... I've been wanting to freshen up my forms anyway and your not half bad with a lightsaber..." Falco raised an eyebrow and grinned at her. "So whattaya say? Wanna help me with my lightsaber training?"

"I don't know... I was really enjoying pazaak." they laughed and headed to one of the more spacious parts of the ship.

They stood about ten feet from each other and withdrew their lightsabers.

"Tell me, Nevari, what is your primary form of lightsaber combat?"

"Makashi is the only one I've mastered..."

"O.K. For this exercise you are prohibited from using Makashi..."

She gave him a quizzical look, "That'll put me in the disadvantage."

"As you know a fight constantly changes... So you have to adapt to the fight. If you are using a form you are not comfortable with, you are automatically at a disadvantage..."

Falco tossed one of his lightsabers across the room. I see you are Practicing Jar'Kai." ((For those who don't know, that just means fighting with two lightsabers)) "Although in alot of ways better, it too has it's weaknesses... Attack me."

Nevari took a deep breath and charged Falco. Three lightsabers ignited simultaneously. SHe watched Falco slide from one fighting stance to another to adjust his forms. It was too late she had already swung.

He parried her first two blows and started on the offensive. His strikes were more powerful and he overwhelmed her. A flick of his wrist and her orange saber was gone.

His force pulled it to him and handed it back. They each returned to their original positions. "One thing that I noticed immediately, is that you give away you next move too easy... It's not hard to look at someone's stance and guess which form they will be using. It's another story to guess where the strike will be coming from... The part where you messed is up you look where your blade is going before you swing... Practice looking your oponent in the eye... It's more intimidating this way as well..."

They laughed as if Nevari had never been intimidating in her life. "Now I'm no Jedi Master, but I know my lightsabers... Oh, and one more thing, can you tell me what the weakness of Jar'Kai is?"

"Weaker strikes and parries... Less strength behind each lightsaber..."

"Right!" He grinned, "Personally I like to use to forms with Jar'Kai. Ataru and Juyo... Both of these forms combine well with Jar'Kai because they use speed, strength, and agility to barage the enemy with attacks... It helps having two lightsabers."

"But isn't Juyo dangerous?"

"Yes and no... It requires you to tap into emotions for the fight... If you let your emotions control you then yes it is very dangerous. But if you remain in control there is no harm in it..."

Falco force pulled his other lightsaber from the ground across the room, "Use what you know of those two forms and attack me again..."

Nevari took a second to get her stance and charged Falco again. This time he ran forward and met her midway. They clashed momentarily and then Falco noticed a flaw, "Use your emotion! Think about what that creep could be doing to your sister!"

Nevari bit down hard and with teeth clenched continued the assualt. Falco was getting pushe back... Bit by bit Nevari was pressing forward...

"Alright!... Whoa... whoa!... STOP!!!"

Finally hearing him, Nevari stopped. She put away her lightsabers and was leaned over out of breath, "Im sorry... I won't bring it up again... Umm... That should be the end of the excercise..."

Nevari looked up, "It's alright Falco... I appreciate... the help with the forms..." she smiled and he smiled back. "Don't worry about it. It's the least I could do for you reintroducing me to proper meditation..."

"I found the weakness to these forms... They are VERY tiring."

Falco laughed, "I've tried to maintain conditioning for that very fact."

"Yea, you seemed real conditioned when I almost kicked your butt with your own form!"

They laughed as the R5 droid rolled into view beeping about the hyperdrive.

The three of them headed directly towards the cockpit as the streams of light passing by faded into small stationary dots... The only thing lying before them were the stars... "What! This isn't right!" Falco fumed, "The nav-computer says the sith ship is right under our noses!"

"I think we're right under thier's..." Nevari said in awe looking up.

Through the skylight above them a ship materialized out of thin air... It wa using a cloaking device unheard of! A tracter beam latched on to the ship and pulled them up and inside.

"Well this is great." Falco moaned as he flopped into the pilot seat, "Now who's gonna rescue us?"

"Hopefully, we won't need it..." Nevari replied as a small army of imperial soldiers formulated in front of the ship...

((Du-du Dun!!! Haha take over Erolene, may the force be with them haha))

Erolene

The Sith lord’s hood kept the upper part of his face from view as the trooper walked up to him. The dark Jedi could smell this underling’s fear. The trooper was afraid the Inquisitor would kill him- or at the very least hurt him- if he failed in any way. The dark Jedi smiled. The trooper was right to fear him.

The filtered voice crackled a bit as the trooper spoke. “We’ve detained the vessel, milord. It’s a small transport, no weapons systems. We’ve captured two Jedi knights and an R-5 droid, but there was no one else on board.”

The Inquisitor’s smile disappeared. Two Jedi knights? Headed for Dromund Kaas? It would be a suicide mission. Unless…

“They were specifically looking for us.” The dark Jedi thought aloud. The trooper stayed silent. “Lieutenant; have we been able to retrieve a copy of the transmission sent by our charming guest?” He asked of the trooper.

“N-no, milord,” Was the stuttering reply. “We have not. All we know was that it was sent to a personal communicator that was at the time located somewhere in the Core systems.”

The Inquisitor smiled thinly. “Think, Lieutenant. Jedi and the Core systems. What do they have in common?”

“T-Tython, milord; the Jedi enclave is located on Tython.”

“Yes, you are correct. Our captive smuggler knew someone on Tython. A Jedi, obviously. The question is: are they merely a rescue party sent by the person she knows, or do they know her personally?” The dark Jedi started to pace in thought.

“Do you wish to interrogate them, milord?” The trooper asked after a moment.

“No.” The Sith decided. “Let us let the gravity of the situation sink in for a while, shall we?”

After having their weapons taken from them and their hands put in stun cuffs, Nevari and Falco were lead to the elevator. Eight troopers formed a circle around them. Too many to get out of this by force. The elevator went down one floor, and the doors opened to reveal the cell block.

“Two more smugglers, sir?” The guard at the door asked.

“Two Jedi, it seems.” Replied the leader of the eight. “Keep a close eye on them.”

The guard at the door laughed a little. “I’m sure we’ll have no trouble. The master wants you to put them in the same cell as the other prisoner.”

The leader of the eight sighed. “All right.”

The guard opened the door and Nevari and Falco were led past a hall of empty cells. The one at the end of the hall, on the left hand side, had the purple force field activated. Behind the force field was Meriline. Nevari tried not to let the emotion show on her face as she recognized her sister. Meriline’s face showed recent burns, but she was otherwise unharmed. The woman in the cell wore a perfected blank expression as Nevari and Falco were shoved inside.

Two troopers trained their rifles at Falco as they unlatched his stun cuffs, and Nevari went through the same process. The guards walked out of the cell, and the force field closed behind them. The main metal door closed seconds later.

Nevari sighed with relief, and turned to look at Meriline.

“I see you got my message, Vari.” Meriline began, her voice sounding defeated.

Nevari nodded and motioned to Falco. “This is my friend, Falco Ferro.”

“Nice to meet you,” Falco said, mostly out of habit.

“Nice to meet you too, Falco.” Meriline turned to Nevari. “Thanks for coming after me.” She noticed Nevari was looking at her oddly. “What is it?” She asked.

Nevari smiled, despite the situation. “You, uh… you never hit that growth spurt, did you?”

Falco stifled a laugh as Meriline put her hands on her hips. “I’ll have you know that I am five foot one and a half.”

“Out of curiosity,” Nevari asked after she stopped smiling. “Why are you in here anyway?”

Meriline turned to face the back wall of the cell and sighed. “Does it matter?”

“Yes, it does. How did you attract the attention of a dark Jedi? Mom said you were travelling.”

“She was right, in part.” Meriline said vaguely.

Nevari narrowed her eyes. “What do you mean ‘in part’?”

Meriline turned around, and took a deep breath. “I’m a smuggler.”

“What?” Nevari asked.

“I’m a smuggler that got caught leaving Dromund Kaas at the wrong time. I’m hurting profits that the Sith gets from the colonies, so they dragged me here.” Meriline explained.

“And such a scenic view it is.” Falco mumbled dryly.

(And at that, it's Steel's turn. wink )

Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

On each side of the cell there was a short metal platform reaching from the force field to the opposing wall. Meriline sat gosling with the eating that she had pulled out of her ear. Nevari sat cross-legged on one of the platforms trying to meditate, but Falco kept mumbling under his breath across from her. Falo was sitting on the ground facing the corner of the platform and the force field...

Nevari opened one eye to look over at him, "What is it that you are doing?"

"Shh... Just a seco... NO!" Falco sighed, "I'm trying to get us out of here..."

Meriline scoffed, "He's delirious! We are in a force field cell! And they are two guards out..."

"Hey get quiet in there!" One of the guards rumbled...

"You should be more respectful of a Jedi Mistress..." Falco smiled, "What kind of fighting skill do you have Meriline? Also do you have anything sharp?"

"I can handle my own..." she said as flicked her wrist and her earring switched from a full circle to a very small dagger...

"Good... Now you are only going to have a second... When I tell you to, run and plant yourself against the wall next to the door."

"But I..."

"NOW!"

The purple force field flickered and then decipated. In an instant Meriline shot through and kneeled next to the door. The force field returned and Nevari's jaw dropped...

Falco stood, "Be ready Meriline... Hey guard!"

The guard groaned and turned to look through a small window in the door, "Hey! Where'd the other one go?!"

Falco shrugged as Nevari pretended to search the cell. ((lol as if there were anywhere to look)). The door slid open and one of the guards stepped inside. Meriline stood up and planted her 'earring' into the man's throat... This alerted the other guard but she spun and kicked him in the groin. When he hit his knees she snapped his neck. Then reached over and turned the force field off.

Falco an Nevari ran through, "Ok, now to get off this ship, Nevari, were you paying attention when we came in?"

"Wait... How did you do that?"

Falco chuckled, "It's a trick Julmay showed me after he heard about the incidents in my last mission... I'll have to explain it later for now we gotta get out of here so that there is a later... Now do you remember anything about our trip in here?"

"Sadly no..." Nevari crossed her arms as Meriline chimed in, "I do... And the last time I escaped I found the weapons locker..."

Falco smiled, "Now we're talkin! Let's go!"

The trio headed out of the cell block and down a hall with Meriline at the lead. They turned once or twice more and she entered a room... Inside they quickly found Falco's and Nevari's lightsabers. (They were the only lightsabers in the room). But Meriline was still looking around through the various guns for a blaster... Finally she grabbed one. A customized blaster with an extended barrel for accuracy.

They turned around to see a large squad formulate outside the room...

((Alright Erolene!))

Erolene

Nevari and Falco ignited their lightsabers just in time to deflect a few blaster bolts. Meriline was using one of the lockers for cover, and leaned out to shoot a trooper in the chest.

Falco quickly took care of the troopers with vibroblades(using a FAALCOOON PUUUUNCH, maybe?wink), while Nevari used Soresu to bounce the blaster bolts back at her enemies. After a few moments of chaos, the last trooper hit the floor with a metallic clunk.

Nevari and Falco waited a few moments to catch their breath, and then followed Meriline out of the room, and back down the hall where they came from.

They came to a T-junction, with the elevator on the right, and the path that eventually led to the bridge on the left. Motioning for Nevari and Falco to be quiet, Meriline pressed her back against the wall and leaned out, facing the elevator. She shot the guard in the face mask, and he fell.

Meriline faced the Jedi and sighed. “I know the smart thing to do would be to go with you guys in the ship you brought, if they haven’t locked the controls yet. But…” Meriline looked unsure for a second, but then set her jaw. “I can’t be smart. That ship in the hangar is my life. I’m not leaving without it.”

Nevari nodded. “I can understand that, I guess. We’ll help you get it back.” Meriline smiled in thanks.

“We’re headed for the bridge, then.” Falco said as Meriline lead the way. The first room they entered had three troopers inside, which they dispatched easily.

They kept going along the halls, making turn after turn. Nevari tried to keep track of which directions they were going, but gave up after a while.

There was only the occasional guard in these hallways, which Meriline usually shot before he was any trouble.

Finally, they made it to the door of the bridge.

“There’s one other thing I should have told you about.” Meriline said. “The person in charge of all of this is a dark Jedi. I’d bet a month’s supply of juma juice he’s through this door. I’ll provide cover fire for the two of you, and try to take some of the troopers, but the Sith is up to you.”

“Don’t worry,” Falco said confidently. “We can take him.” Nevari nodded in agreement. To protect her sister, she could easily take on a Sith.

The three of them got into their positions, the Jedi ingnited their lightsabers, and the door opened...

(The climax is all yours, Steel.)

Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

The group's run slowed to a trot and then to a walk. Their direction never changing. Falco figured it best to come up with a plan, (for once). He never was any good at it as Julmay usually took care of the planning and he just liked to carry it out. "Ok if we're gonna do this we have to be ready... Meriline, once we're inside find the nearest terminal and free up our ships and open a window to let us escape."

Meriline nodded while keeping a steady pace. "And Nevari, she'll need some cover. Stick to her like a fleas to a bantha... I'll focus on the offensive. Hopefully this won't take too long..."

As the group neared the doors they each pulled out their weapons. There was a hiss as the doors opened and the small team walked in. 

Inside was 15 terminals with men sitting at each. Above them a bridge crossed horizontally, the only way to it through a door on each end. A man in a black robe paced the bridge overviewing the "piloteers".

A harsh voice erupted from behind the hood, "I wondered how long it would take you... I didn't expect you to come directly here however. Take a wrong turn, FRIEND?"

The last word hissed from his mouth... Falco's face contorted, "Do I know you?"

The man cackled as he dropped his hood to reveal an all too familiar face...

"SHADEN?!"

"Yes it's me, Falco... Why are you so surprised?" he laughed again, "You had to know it was coming... And now I can finish up where we left off." he snapped his fingers and all the men sitting at terminals stood and drew their blasters.

Lightsabers ignited and Meriline dashed to a terminal. 

Blaster fire lit up the room. And the sound of lightsabers echoed back and forth. Shaden paced on his perch above the bridge, waiting for the Jedi to fall to their deaths...

Nevari side stepped reflecting blaster bolts as Meriline typed away. Meriline sighed in frustration and moved to another terminal. 

Falco leapt over one man decaptating him and advanced on two more, cutting each of them down in turn.

Again Meriline moved terminals, "Ahh! I keep getting locked out!"

"Take your time..." Nevari smiled at her sister. Meriline sighed and began slicing again...

Falco charged a group of three, stabbing two of them then cutting the other's arms off. This was way too easy... And suddenly Falco felt a pull towards one of the doors where Shaden paced. It slid open and a bounty hunter flew in pistols blazing... 

Nevari continued to divert blaster bolts killing several men in the process. Meriline shouted, "Almost got it... Nevermind! Locked out again!" She moved to another terminal as Falco jumped and rolled away from a flurry of bolts...

The bounty hunter landed on the bridge with Shaden, trying to let his suit cool down. Falco threw both his lightsabers.... One at each end of the bridge. The blades sliced through with ease and the bridge crumbled on top of the remaining soldiers and sent both Shaden and the bounty hunter to the ground. 

Falco smiled but Shaden was quick to his feet, so quick that Falco's lightsabers hadn't come back yet. Lightning erupted from Shaden's false fingertips and crackled towards Falco...

Falco cringed, hoping his lightsabers would make it back in time... 

Just before the lightning cracked Falco's skull wide open a purple haze caught the attack and held it...

It was Nevari! She had leapt across the room in the nick-of-time! Falco's lightsabers flew into his hands as he charged the bounty hunter who was still clamoring to his feet.

Falco got about three steps from him before the bounty hunter let a grenade loose in Falco's direction. Falco force pushed it away and it exploded at a terminal Meriline had just left. She dove out of the way of the explosion and eyes wide went back to a terminal slicing faster than ever...

Falco could see this needed to end and fast... The chances of someone getting seriously hurt were raising too high. Shaden and Nevari clashed sabers as the bounty hunter's jetpack lit and he flew directly at Falco.

Falco had not expected this and was caught square in the stomach by the bounty hunter's shoulder. They both sprawled on the floor, weapons gone...

Nevari was holding out best she could against Shaden's light staff skills but he had grown much stronger since his last run-in with Falco. Nevari pushed forward with an attempted attack but Shaden pushed off and stepped back. As each of them caught their breath Nevari blew the hair out of her face and changed stances...

Falco and the bounty hunter were locked in a scramble. Each fighting to gain control of the other... Falco saw an opening and took it...

He pulled the force to his hand and then rammed his fist into the chin of the bounty hunter's helmet. ((Falco Punch to the FACE!!! Haha)) The helmet flew off his head and bounced across the ground as the bounty hunter lay unconcious...

There was a shout from Meriline, "I got it! I really did this time let's go!" She ran over to the sliding doors they had come in and used some rubble for cover while she opened fire on Shaden. Nevari slowly edged away from him while he deflected blaster bolts.

Falco stood frozen, mouth agape, staring at the bounty hunter at his feet... The face that the bounty hunter wore was just like his own... This man was Falco's brother!!!

Shaden put one fake hand out to catch blaster fire and reached another up towards the cealing. He was trying to bring the roof down ontop of them. 

Nevari screamed, "Falco let's go!" but her words fell on deaf ears...

Shaden cackled as Nevari and Meriline leapt out of the room and the roof caved  blocking the doorway...

((okay Erolene write about how Nevari and Meriline make it out... I've got more planned for Falco *sneers*))

Erolene

Nevari and Meriline barely landed on their feet as the door was magnetically sealed behind them. Nevari turned to see if she could go back, but it was impossible. Even if she could somehow open the door, the rubble was still blocking the other side. Falco was trapped.

Nevari pounded her fist on the door in frustration. “Did that help?” Meriline asked softly behind her. “No,” Nevari admitted. “It just hurt.” She motioned for Meriline to follow her. “Come on, we’re not helping Falco by sitting here.”

The two of them jogged to the hangar, and opened the door. Nevari redirected the two blaster bolts that came her way, killing the only two guards in sight, and the room was clear.

There was only two ships in the hangar, Meriline’s Silver Dawn, and the Saint’s transport. “Those hangar doors are only going to be open for a short amount of time.” Meriline warned. “I hate to leave your friend, but we don’t have any choice.”

Nevari nodded. “I know.” She said bitterly. “Let’s get these engines warmed up.”

The two of them went into their respective ships and started them. The freighter and the transporter flew out of the hangar moments later, away from the ship and Dromund Kaas.

The speaker in the transporter crackled to life. “I’ll meet you on Tython.” Meriline’s voice said before the Silver Dawn disappeared into hyperspace.

Nevari punched in the well-known hyperspace coordinates, and was soon headed for the Jedi academy. Don’t you dare die on me, Falco. Nevari thought as she tried to relax. Don’t you dare.

(May the Force be with ya. )

Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

((sorry it took so long for me to pick back up... I've been busy since school started Happy but here's a nice juicy piece for everyone to enjoy!))

Falco blinked back the water in his eyes. The dust that filled the room was thick and made him cough. He pulled himself to his feet and peered through the dust cloud. At his feet were his lightsabers, and he force pulled them to his hands and put them away. In the place where Shaden had stood in front of him there was an impenatrable wall of destruction. To his left there was a massive pile of debri where Nevari and Meriline had leapt out the door to safety. He was trapped....

Falco searched the room with his eyes looking for an exit but the dust was just too thick. He couldn't see much farther than the ends of his fingertips. But wait! What was that on the ground?! There, under a piece of ceiling, was Orlad Ferro...

Falco had always thought the sith had killed Orlad on his home planet the night Julmay found him... But this was worse, now Orlad worked for them, as a bounty hunter

Falco focused the force around the piece of ceiling and willed it upward.... Nothing happened... He took a deep breath and tried again... The rubble quivered and shook as the debri lifted and Falco slid Orlad out of the way. With a loud crash the rubble crumbled to the ground. The falling ceiling caused more debri to shake loose from the top and fall to the floor...

There was a door near the top of the cave-in! It was one of the doors that had originally connected the bridge Shaden stood on. Falco swung Orlad over his right shoulder and leapt up onto a small lip hanging from the edge of the door. He grabbed one of his lightsabers in his free hand and stabbed it dead center in the door.

The metal around the blade glowed orange and oozed until he pulled it out and returned the saber to his belt. The power to this section had been shut down due to the ceiling cave-in so Falco force pushed the doors apart...

The hallway was like a vaccuum. All of the dust inside the bridge bellowed out and filled the narrow hall. Falco quickened his pace to a run and exited through a still working door...

Eventually Falco entered the hangar but much to his dismay, it was empty. "Now how do I get outta here?" He grumbled.

Just then he noticed three droids rolling down the hanger. He watched them scan the wall farthest from him for a moment. Suddenly the droids found the correct spot as they all beeped excitedly. One of the droids robotic arms reached up and touched a specific spot on the wall. There was a hiss as the wall dissapeared. Falco was amazed, but his astonishment was his downfall... 

The droids managed to enter and let the wall/door close behind them before he realized he should've followed them. Falco raced across the room to where the droids exited the hanger and began to run his fingers along the walk but to no avail. Falco closed his eyes and searched the force for the key spot. 

It started off as a light hum, but the closer his fingers came, the louder the force got in his ears. A siren wailed inside his head and Falco knew this was it... Pressing his finger there for a moment Falco wandered if this was going to work. 

Just like before the wall hissed as it disapeared and Falco stepped into the dark corridor. (still carrying Orlad btw)

Falco couldn't see anything... All he could do was walk towards the distant sounds of droids communicating... Soon he rounded a corner and could see a light coming from around the next corner. The droids had gotten out of ear shot so he creeped up to the corner and peered around. 

Falco could see a small hangar filled with old ships. At first glance none of them were usuable. The droids were scavenging parts from the vehicles and sending them down a conveyor belt. Falco could see a massive vehicle sitting in the center of the room. This vehicle was much larger than all the rest and looked undamaged. When Falco got closer he could see that it was a Mandalorain attack land vehicle. ((http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_attack_land_vehicle))

Falco hunched over and used the force to distract the droids away from his direction... He had figured out how to get off this ship. And that land vehicle was it... 

The behemoth Mandalorian vehicle had been untouched by the scavenger droids and it was easy for Falco to sneek aboard unnoticed...

Falco set Orlad down behind the pilot's seat and looked at all of the controls to figure out out to work the massive price of machinery. Just then a female voice echoed over the main ship's PA system, "Attention: we are entering the Nar Shadaa air space in T-2 minutes."

Excellent! Right on time! Falco locked the air seal door and fired up the engines. 6or 7 droids in the area immediately started chirping and rolling around in "panic". Falco grabbed the two steering handles and pushed the left one forward while pulling the right back. This caused the Mandalorian attack land vehicle to turn right until it faced the hangar window. 

One of the droids raced across the room to some computer controls. It was obviously trying to alert someone that a vehicle was malfunctioning. Falco pushed both levers forward and the attack vehicle lurched into motion. A droid rolled out in front of the vehicle and was crushed under the massive center wheel...

Falco sighed and flipped a switch that increased the attack vehicle's speed. There were several different kinds of ships and vehicles inbetween Falco and his destination but he rolled over them with ease...

"Attention: Now entering Nar Shadaa airspace." Falco grinned. This was all too easy! Falco could see the planet coming into view... Next he opened fire on the hangar shield relay. It exploded in a large puff of smoke and the hanger "shield window" slowly disappeared.

Upon the shield's full power down the space vaccuum sucked everything near it out into the black sky, droids and ships alike...The Mandalorian attack vehicle may be heavy but it was not heavy enough to with hold the vaccuum that pulled it out of the empirial star ship...

Just as the attack vehicle entered space the ship's emergency hangar shield turned on, preventing anything else from being sucked out... Falco sighed, now comes the hard part...

The force of being pulled out into space was propelling the attack land vehicle toward Nar Shadaa, soon it would be latched on by gravity as it was already passed orbit... Falco could see the vehicle gaining speed as it propelled towards the Hutt occupied moon. And it didn't take long before orange flames licked at the cockpit window.... 

Falco suddenly realized the flaw in his plan... He could see no water sources...
Falco grabbed a short-range communications relay headset and made an attempt to fix his foolishness...

"Attention any nearby flyers! This is Falco Ferro coming in hot!....... I repeat, Attention any nearby flyers! This is Falco Ferro coming in hot!"

Silence.......................

He was just going to have to figure something else out... Falco searched the Mandalorian vehicle for any means to slow the giant vehicle down. Nothing... Then Falco noticed something, a harness...

An idea rushed to his head and he knew Master Julmay Hiddai would not approve... Which is why he was positive it would work.... As he grabbed the two-man harness and put it on, he heard the communications relay crackle to life...

"Attention unidentified flight craft, this is Vanguard two-six-seven, we see you. What is your ship code?"

Falco ran over and picked up the headset, "Hello two-six-seven, this Mando six-zero-one."

For a moment they did not reply, "Repeat your flight code. We seem to have an error here..."

"No error, two-six-seven." Falco replied with a grin, "This is a Mandalorian attack land vehicle." 

"We'll ask questions later six-zero-one. We're sending in a removal team now."

The fire outside had decipated and Falco could see the cities buildings coming up fast. "No time two-six-seven! I'm gonna have to jump!"

"Neative six-zero-one! A fall from that height and there's no way to save you!"

The Vanguard 267's plea fell on deaf ears... Falco was already strapping in with Orlad on his back... Falco walked over and hit the door release button. It was immediately ripped off and sent flailing behind. Falco grabbed a nearby handle and leaned out enough to see the Mando 601 coming up to a tall building real close. It wa just enough space...

He timed the jump and leapt out just before the the vehicle passed the building... Falco ignited both lightsabers and stabbed them into the building wall... His body pulling behind his outstretched arms, while his knuckles turned white at the hilts of his sabers...

The building was round which was good because his momentum propelled Jim both down and sideways... He rounded the building with immense speed, slowing steadily... The extra weight of Orlad was giving him more momentum than he thought... And a new problem had arisen... He was coming into the lower districts of Nar Shadaa and platforms were popping up at the edge of his sight. They were coming almost directly to him... If he hit the platform at the speed he was going he'd kill himself, Orlad, and people on the platform...

Think...Think! THINK!!!! Just as Falco could begin to see the people run in fear he had another idea... He really hoped this would work as his other ideas were not turning out too well... Falco reached put with the force and concentrated on Orlad's jetpack, causing it to engage and greatly decrease their speed...

But he was still going too fast! His speed plumeted but so did his hopes of landing safely... He continued to fall in the direction of the platform... Lightsabers and jetpack doing all they could to shave off speed... But just as Falco thought it was over, a hooded Jedi stepped out onto the balcony and began using force push to slow the rate at which Falco fell... He just might live through this thing!!!

Soon Falco was easing down the building's wall towards the platform with no worries. It was almost graceful! He grinned ear to ear as he and Orlad crumpled on the platform... Falco fought to stand up and when he did was blown away at who stood before him!

(to be continued......)

Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Falco dropped his head in as much of a bow as he could muster. (The extra weight on his back prevented him from bending) "Grand Master Satele Shan! It's an honor to meet you!"

"Please, Satele is fine... You had yourself in quite a predicament there." she said with a raised eyebrow.

Falco's face went red. How could he manage to embarrass himself in front of Grand Master Shan?!

"However, you managed to get yourself out of it. And your companion as well.... Tell me, What is your name and what cell are you assigned to?"

I am Falco Ferro. I am a Saint under Master Jao Thaun."

"I heard about the attack against the Smuggling Contingency... It is good to see that some of the Saints survived... What is the nature of your current mission?"

Falco's eyes peered over his shoulder to the still unconcious Orlad, "Rescue mam."

"So, save the man on your back, save yourself, but risk killing many more with that Mando-tank?" She turned away from him and gazed off the balcony in the direction the attack land vehicle had crashed. "Luckily for you that area has been evacuated due to construction and noone was harmed."

Falco's head drooped, "I am sorry Master, I will try harder..."

"Falco, how do you plan on getting off Nar Shadaa? Hmm? And where might you be headed?"

"I haven't made it to that part of my plan yet mam. I was trying to get off that ship alive."

Just then a party of Jedi run up to the Grand Master with upset looks on their faces. "Ah. I see my protection has finally found me...."

An older Jedi stepped forward and bowed, "Grand Master, I humbly request that you do not dissapear on us again. We have matters to attend to..."

"Yes, yes, more talking! Olif, take Mr. Falco to the second Vanguard we brought along with us. Take him to whatever planet he needs to and then return to me, *sigh* if you must..."

With that Satele Shan nodded to Falco and walked inside closely followed by her Jedi escorts....

Later back on Tython, Faclo sits in the medical bay overlooking Orlad's recovery. Master Julmay Is making his way down the hall and can feel that he and Falco's minds are now in range of each other...

The familiar connection rings in Falco's head.

"Hello Master."

"How's he makin it kid?"

His progress is slow and I'm still not sure what to say when he wakes up."

"How bout 'I love you.' That's always a good ice-breaker."

Falco smiled as Julmay entered the room. 

"So tell me already..."

"Tell you what?"

"There are alot of rumors going around about what happened on that ship..."

Falco chuckled and began retelling the events to Julmay......... (Sharing stories of their missions was something the two did often)

"Okay, so I barely catch my composure long enough to see that Grand Master Shan is the one who helped slow my fall!"

Julmay chuckled, "How fortunate you are to always have someone save your neck!"

"Hey now, I seem to remember saving yours more-"

Both Jedi fell silent as a flurry of emotions filled the room. 

"Uh-oh..." muttered Julmay. Both man and nautolan stood as Nevari stormed into the room. Nevari was clearly mad when she entered but when she saw Falco standing and not lying in the medical bed she ran across the room and hugged his neck.

Falco let out a sigh but it was too soon. Rememering that she was upset, Nevari's face crinkled and she planted a fist in Falco's breastplate as she stepped away from him. "You scared me to death! Why didn't you get outta there?!"

Falco hung his head and pointed to the medical bed, "He's my brother...."

The Conclusion... (The End seem too final haha)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: