Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
ARK Server Hotjoin
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

ANNOUNCEMENT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Towne
Veteran

Awarded:

re: Fishing

Is there any fishermen here?

Here... but have not had time in a while.. Have like thirty fish poles lol From fly rods for freshwater and saltwater to rigs for bass and saltwater snook and redfish fishing. Really enjoy it when I have time... Just having time is tough..

TW
DrZ3
Veteran

Awarded:

I fish both in real life and in LOTRO! wink

Forum Image

Dr. Z, a half crazy Elvish scientist

Towne
Veteran

Awarded:

I want to learn how to fish. I bought a fishing rod and licence but never used it.

bummer Towne I have not had a license in a while that is why I have not done any fishing... Live right across the street from a nice lake... Just don't have the time..

Hope you get more time to fish soon.

TW
Torshan
IOTC Supervisor

Towne wrote:
I want to learn how to fish. I bought a fishing rod and licence but never used it.

I haven't fished in quite awhile myself. If we were closer, I'd say lets make it a fishing trip Happy.

Awarded:

I dont know how to fish. I really dont know where to start lol. I live about 60 miles from south padre island.

I haven't fished in quite awhile myself. If we were closer, I'd say lets make it a fishing trip Happy.

I'd go!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Torshan
IOTC Supervisor

Towne wrote:
I dont know how to fish. I really dont know where to start lol. I live about 60 miles from south padre island.

South Texas...hmm...

Guess it depends on what kind of fishing you want to do. I've never gone saltwater, but there should be plenty of freshwater spots in your area. Not sure if it's the right part of Texas, but I've heard of places called "resacas" (sp.) which are great fishing spots. Should be some available for public use. You could probably do a google search for your area and find some public spots for freshwater fishing.

All you really need to start is a pole, a hook, a bobber, a leader, and some fresh bait. You could throw in a few casting lures in for fun too. Most of this stuff can be bought at a Walmart for pretty cheap.

It's kind of hard for me to teach over the internet, but I'm sure you google basic fishing tips to get a good rundown on how it works. Here's a sight with some detailed info on how to start fishing: http://learninghowtofish.com/

I'm no expert, so I'm not sure if I'd have the answers, but you can ask and I'll do my best.

That F2P fishing game on Steam teaches you all you need to know about fishing.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kix276
Staff Emeritus

Question is are you fresh water fishing or salt water fishing?
Towne
Veteran

Awarded:

I would like to learn how to do both. The rod and reel i got is for saltwater i believe.

Towne wrote:
I would like to learn how to do both. The rod and reel i got is for saltwater i believe.

Not much difference between a salt water rig and a fresh water rig except for the size. Show us what you have.

Awarded:

Towne wrote:

The most important thing to remember when saltwater fishing is to rinse off your gear thoroughly after every session. Salt water will corrode your gear if the salt's not rinsed off.

Any friends or relatives who like to fish? Fishing is a hobby best learned with a knowledgeable friend showing you the ropes and keeping you company.
Thoughtfulwander
Veteran

Spectus wrote:
Towne wrote:

The most important thing to remember when saltwater fishing is to rinse off your gear thoroughly after every session. Salt water will corrode your gear if the salt's not rinsed off.

Any friends or relatives who like to fish? Fishing is a hobby best learned with a knowledgeable friend showing you the ropes and keeping you company.

Amen rinse and repeat and keep them greased up. That is the life of the reels for sure. When you spend 100+ on one reel you want to make sure it lasts Happy

TW
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Teamspeak Users
Featured Poll
Recent Awards