Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Crackjaw73
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

re: Anyone use Time Warner Cable? Thoughts?

I'm currently on AT&T Uverse, and the service is starting to chap my hide, frankly. My provided modem rebooted on its own daily, and typically at the most inconvenient times. Today there's an area-wide outage. On top of that my internet speed is pretty slow (allegedly 20mbps, but 2.7mbps in practice).

Time Warner Cable offers 300mbps service in my area. However, I don't know what their service is like. How are the ping times? Is the service variable based on who else in your neighborhood is online? How's customer service?

If anyone has any opinion, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast.
Kix276

I ussed to have Time Warner back in the day and I didn't have an issue with it that often. I have also had AT&T UVerse and if I had to choose I would go with Time Warner. AT&T cut out all the time when I had it too.
Mokuren15

i have 300mbps Time warner cable and even though its fast; there is still the "time zone" that the speed is significantly slower. However, at this speed I can have 8 different computers running at once with no delays. I needed faster modem and I have had maybe just one downtime since 2 years of service with this speed. I love the speed; and I probably can't go slower than this because I'm too spoiled. Its def better than wifi speed for sure. For gaming my ping is always at 20s-30s at the most. Its ultra fast. The only thing I don't have is faster computer... which I am hoping to upgrade to a new computer with nvidia gtx graphic card some day.

Crackjaw73
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Cool sounds like it would definitely be an upgrade. The ping times are the same or better than what I'm getting on uverse, so really nothing to stick around for. Thanks for the feedback!

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast.
Eryn Suun
Aeryn Suun
Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

I do it is ok like the speed.

2 Corinthians 5:21. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." All people are sinners by nature and by action. All people are sinners from birth. All people are born alienated from God who is Holy, cannot look upon sin, cannot fellowship with sinners. That alienation because of sin prevents us from knowing God. He is too perfectly Holy to have anything to do with sinners, except to reject them. Now the result of that rejection, the result of that alienation in time is Godlessness. The result of it in eternity is hell. So this alienation in to which every human being is born is indeed a serious issue. It means that everybody lives their life without God and if they die in that condition, will spend their eternity without God in torment.
Gene Clark

I have time warner and my ping time is 11ms and line quality around B plus.

Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

So I got TWC installed and I went from 2/20mbps up/download to 20/352mbps up/download. I see 15ms ping. All that and I'm paying about the same as before. I'm pretty happy with the switch so far!

Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

I bet. Those are pretty awesome numbers. Mine is 0.5/10.

Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

up/download 23.15/235.85 Mbps
Jitter/Latency 4/11 ms

2 Corinthians 5:21. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." All people are sinners by nature and by action. All people are sinners from birth. All people are born alienated from God who is Holy, cannot look upon sin, cannot fellowship with sinners. That alienation because of sin prevents us from knowing God. He is too perfectly Holy to have anything to do with sinners, except to reject them. Now the result of that rejection, the result of that alienation in time is Godlessness. The result of it in eternity is hell. So this alienation in to which every human being is born is indeed a serious issue. It means that everybody lives their life without God and if they die in that condition, will spend their eternity without God in torment.
Crackjaw73
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

I just downloaded the Public Test Server version of The Division... 46GB... took about 15 minutes. I watched American Ninja Warrior while it downloaded. I'm very happy with that. Before that's something I'd queue up overnight.

Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Crackjaw73 wrote:
I just downloaded the Public Test Server version of The Division... 46GB... took about 15 minutes. I watched American Ninja Warrior while it downloaded. I'm very happy with that. Before that's something I'd queue up overnight.

Lord, help me not to be jealous....

Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Intrepid Corsair wrote:
Crackjaw73 wrote:

Just move to Allen. We could be neighbors. It'd be awesome.

Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Crackjaw73 wrote:
Intrepid Corsair wrote:
Crackjaw73 wrote:

Just move to Allen. We could be neighbors. It'd be awesome.

Just get me a really good job doing nothing while making obscene amounts of money.

Seriously, If I was your neighbor, we'd get nothing in life done. Games, man. Games.

NOW IN VIRTUAL REALITY
Forum Image

Veteran
Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Awarded:

OK, Time Warner is now named Spectrum, so waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Crackjaw73
Veteran
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Aeryn Suun wrote:
OK, Time Warner is now named Spectrum, so waiting for the other shoe to drop.

It's just a merger between 3 companies... probably so they can compete with the likes of Verizon and AT&T. I'm not expecting much to change on our end (for better or worse), but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: