Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
ARK Server Hotjoin
Members Online
Member Recognition
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Computers & Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Binturong
Veteran
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

re: Black Friday TrackIR Special?

I have been interested in purchasing TrackIR 5 for some time and was wondering if any of you have seen a Black Friday special on this product or if you have found a website offering a good price on it.

Thanks,

Red
The Serious Dad
Saint
Young Padawan Learner

Young Padawan Learner

Hey Red, Have you looked at Tobii EyeX? I don't personally own but it replaced TrackIR5 for most folks.

It tracks eyes with a bar that goes under monitor and doesn't require attaching anything to your body or headset. It tracks your eyes. It is worth looking at. Also, it is a little bit cheaper.(usually around 95 USD)

In His Service,

Phil "The Serious Dad"

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22 KJV
Red_Binturong
Veteran
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Hello Phil,

Never actually heard of the Tobii Eyex before. Went to YouTube to see reviews of this device but found that even though it is a brilliant technology it will not exactly do what I'm looking for. My main goal is to use the TrackIR with flight simulators and the capability to zoom in and out (or moving your head forwards/backwards) doesn't seem to be available on Tobii's device.

The other thing I believe won't help me is the position of the track bar at the bottom of my monitor. I have a 27" monitor and it's pretty set on its place. I saw some people having trouble with the viewing angle for the sensors towards the eyes.

Greatly appreciate you letting me know about this technology!
Intrepid Corsair
Arbitrator
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Unfortunately, TrackIR 5s are extremely popular and don't go on sale too often. I waited around and searched for a good deal then finally settled for paying the full price for mine. Every now and then you get lucky, though. Cyber monday is coming up November 28. You might be able to find a deal then but until that time there is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA44652N9068&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Accessories+-+Mouse-_-9SIA44652N9068&gclid=CLuiqIjUxtACFdgLgQodVlIHpg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: