Membership Application
Social Networks
Support the Saints
Members Online
Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

re: Awesome Star Wars FanFilms

I couldn't really find a specific part of the forum where I thought this was a perfect fit. As there is no "Entertainment" Section. So if it needs to be moved, feel free.

Given the nature of our Guild, I will start off with these two... both from the same pastor/youth pastor. They were entered into a Lightsaber Choreography Contest (LCC) two consecutive years. It was not mandatory to have all the aftereffects such as rotoscoping finished, as that is not the focus of the contest. They are great, the first one is very powerful I think, but they both are good.

Christian Duel/FanFilm...

The Conflict Within (Very good powerful message)

"Jedi Pastor" (Original was not rotoscoped, but longer as he killed the entire youth group before taking on the final bad guy. : ) Can't find the full version on YouTube.)

Let this be a place to post GREAT lightsaber duels or SW FanFilms. I say great, because there are a million ok or average ones out there. I think we have all seen such great classics as Ryan vs Dorkman I & II, and a host of other ho-hum flicks, but let us focus on well made FanFilms, or excellent duels.

Great Duels...

Highway Men

Ryan vs Brandon Preview

Great FanFilms...

Dark Resurrection (Subsequent parts can be found at the end of each clip)

"Interesting" FanFilms

Forced Alliance (Warning, some scantily clad Twilek ladies, in typical SW fashion.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb3vLrcIqJQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=TY35IosN04U

I will add more as I have time, and try to put the good ones in this first post as we go along.

The Force .NET http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/allfilms/allfilmsa_g.asp
Post vids you found. Discuss...

Last edited by NexusLuke on Sep. 4th, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jao Thaun
Overseer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master
Awarded:

Thanks for posting these, I always enjoy watching SW fan films, especially lightsaber duels.

Thanks, I'll have a look at them later. (I am at school and do not have you tube access).
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

You are welcome Jao. Had you even seen the conflict within?

Rahvin, your school doesn't know what they are missing, lol. Schools and wanting people to learn stuff... I tell ya...
Rahvin3

Yeah I know.....all these regulations about what we are allowed to access and all. There are a lot of useful 'learning' things on you tube....
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

I saw this one a while back as it is at the very least 3 years old, but just re watched it today. I am posting it for no other reason than for the excellent choreography/martial ability demonstrated at the end.

If you can overlook the cheesy effects, and the silly terrible sound fx they mixed in, than I think you can enjoy and appreciate this. Apparently Sith innards are comprised of Bacon grease, lol.

Personally I don't care for the "unarmed" scene in the middle very much. If you are short on time, start watching at 3:01 to 4:05, and then resume at 4:45 this is when it get real good (as far as a duel is concerned). If you really just want the highlight, start at 4:45.

NYG
Honorary Staff
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

I love these things! Great performances. This last one was almost Matrix-like...great use of the Force to grab his jacket before he leaves! envy

Megamind: [from projector] Over here, old friend! In case you've noticed, you've fallen right into my trap!

Metro Man: You can't trap justice. It's an idea, a BELIEF!

Megamind: Even the most heartfelt belief can get corroded over time!

Metro Man: Justice is a non-corrosive metal!

Megamind: But metals can be melted by the heat of revanchge!

Metro Man: It's REVENGE, and it's best served cold!

Megamind: But it can easily be reheated, in the microwave of evil!

Metro Man: Well I think your warranty's is about to expire!

Megamind: Maybe I got an extended warranty!

Metro Man: Warranties are invalid, if used beyond their intended purpose!

Vly

Cool duels! I'm surprised we don't see more Star Wars films. Maybe Lucas won't allow more.

"Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." Proverbs 4:26-27
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

Oh no, there are HUNDREDS more of them. They are just hard to find, if you don't know what they are called. And I am trying to stick with the exceptional ones, that have either good story, or a good duel. I am a sucker for lightsaber duels.

The problem is, there is no major website that is keeping up with them on a large scale anymore.

This is one I frequented much in the past... http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/allfilms/allfilmsa_g.asp

Some real good ones in there. Added to OP as well.
Vadis
Jedi Vadis
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Great videos! Really enjoyed these!

"Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." Luke 13:4-5
Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Is the dark ressurection video supposed to be in another language? The link here wouldn't play on my phone so I searched YouTube and the one I found has bad voice over with English subtitles

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

Yeah Steel sadly the YouTube voice is a little off from the video. It is an Italian fanfilm, so naturally they recorded it in Italian, and I think it sounded amazing. It has English subtitles for our benefit. They used to have a website that you could watch them on where the voices matched, however that is expensive and it is gone now. This is the best I could find.
FireBrand17

Ahoy!

I helped produce the score for Ryan vs Dorkman 2. Its one of my favorite saber duel movies.

Cheers...
AltaVista

Okay, so after watching Dark Resurrection, I want a super-ugly Italian Jedi Master for my very own. Yes... yes, please? kthnx
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Discord Users

Featured Poll
Recent Awards