Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reginox

re: Roleplaying.

More Saints should do it, its getting kinda lonely in that forum....

Yes, I agree. Everyone should try it at least once.

NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

I tried it, but even that was lonely.

I have been reading your guys stuff though.
Vly

I haven't started yet, but I will. School is soaking up all my free time right now. I am also trying to work with the Council to try and clean the RP section up a bit. The stories are awesome, but it would be nice if we could get a page dedicated for people to start a thread on their characters bio instead of everyones bio being in one thread. Makes it very difficult to look someone up if your RPing with them. Another page for the actual RP OOC thread would be good as well so comments and such about a particular RP will have their own thread and the story thread will just contain the story. This is the perfect time to RP and develop characters cause come next year everyone will be developing in the game instead of here (for the most part).

Once its a little better organized I think people who are new to RPing will feel a little more comfortable about joining.

"Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." Proverbs 4:26-27
Steel Falcon
Saint
Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

I've loved both creating and reading the roleplaying stories... What is the most fun though is joining up with another guildie and letting the creative juices flow... You'll be surprised everytime you turn around!

I really encourage more people to get involved... You never know, it may end up being your new favorite thing to do on SOTOR envy

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
rubber_duckie

Takeru wrote:
Another page for the actual RP OOC thread would be good as well so comments and such about a particular RP will have their own thread and the story thread will just contain the story...
Once its a little better organized I think people who are new to RPing will feel a little more comfortable about joining.

I agree with this. It's getting kinda disorganized in that thread. An OOC thread will be nice to seprate it from the IC one.

"Don't be immoral in matters of sex. That is a sin against your own body in a way that no other sin is. You surely know that your body is a temple where the Holy Spirit lives. The Spirit is in you and is a gift from God. You are no longer your own. God paid a great price for you. So use your body to honor God."
-1 Corinthians 6:18-20
NYG
Honorary Staff
The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi
Awarded:

I may give it a try eventually. I think that once the game starts I will become active there because for me, not having RP'd in a very long time, I need to be familar with my "character" to be able to hold an interest...sorry that's the geezer in me. wink

Megamind: [from projector] Over here, old friend! In case you've noticed, you've fallen right into my trap!

Metro Man: You can't trap justice. It's an idea, a BELIEF!

Megamind: Even the most heartfelt belief can get corroded over time!

Metro Man: Justice is a non-corrosive metal!

Megamind: But metals can be melted by the heat of revanchge!

Metro Man: It's REVENGE, and it's best served cold!

Megamind: But it can easily be reheated, in the microwave of evil!

Metro Man: Well I think your warranty's is about to expire!

Megamind: Maybe I got an extended warranty!

Metro Man: Warranties are invalid, if used beyond their intended purpose!

RichardRobins

I agree i find it abit disorganised also. hence why i've not jumped in

here is an example of how i laid out one of my rpg sections (have several)
the charactors i have either in a wiki or the older way of this

something like that layout for our rpg section here could be cool
Visan

re: Re: Roleplaying.

Reginox wrote:

This may come as a shock, especially when I'm so pumped for SWTOR, but I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies, well except Episode 1 when I was 5 which I have no memory of at all. I haven't played KOTOR, I haven't read any books. What I know I've learned from conversations with friends over the years, exploring the SWTOR site, and playing Lego Star Wars. As much as I love role-play, I have practically no background to build on and could only offer a character of extreme-memory loss who constantly had no idea where he was or what it meant to be there.

Visan wrote:
Reginox wrote:

This may come as a shock, especially when I'm so pumped for SWTOR, but I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies, well except Episode 1 when I was 5 which I have no memory of at all. I haven't played KOTOR, I haven't read any books. What I know I've learned from conversations with friends over the years, exploring the SWTOR site, and playing Lego Star Wars. As much as I love role-play, I have practically no background to build on and could only offer a character of extreme-memory loss who constantly had no idea where he was or what it meant to be there.

0.0 WHOAH!!!! WE HAVE A STARWARS EMERGENCY!!!!!!

someone get me a copy of wookieepedia... and a saline drip.. we have an emergency here! envy
Ban-nio Novan

haha i still gotta finish the second part to my story lol i just left it hangin...

Protector_Z

Takeru wrote:
I haven't started yet, but I will. School is soaking up all my free time right now. I am also trying to work with the Council to try and clean the RP section up a bit. The stories are awesome, but it would be nice if we could get a page dedicated for people to start a thread on their characters bio instead of everyones bio being in one thread. Makes it very difficult to look someone up if your RPing with them. Another page for the actual RP OOC thread would be good as well so comments and such about a particular RP will have their own thread and the story thread will just contain the story. This is the perfect time to RP and develop characters cause come next year everyone will be developing in the game instead of here (for the most part).

I saw your post on the suggestions forums as well Takeru, but didn't understand exactly what you meant. Richard put an example here though which clarified things for me. I'll look into that matter ASAP as I like to RP as well and would love for more people to jump in

I'm definitely planning on joining. But right now I'm trying to finish up one character's background before I start another. I do admit though, the RP forums are a little confusing.

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Visan wrote:
Reginox wrote:

*gasp* how have you lived?! You gotta at least go watch the movies! Oh man! I don't belive my eyes! It burns!!! *runs from computer screen clutching eyes and wailing* envy

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: